• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbecue Chicken Pie Recipe with Easy Prep and Delicious Flavor!

In summary, the conversation discusses using a Bar Pan and 2 pie crusts as a substitute for a Deep Dish Pie Plate in making a Barbecue Chicken Pie. The recipe and directions are provided, along with a suggestion to use only 1 crust and fold up the edges to create a crust for the pie. The conversation ends with the speaker expressing gratitude and planning to contact the host.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I am batting zero this month. I have no Deep Dish Pie Plate, so do you think I could do this in the Bar Pan and use 2 pie crusts?
Barbecue Chicken Pie
Ingredients:
1/2 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)
4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1 block (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups chopped cooked chicken

2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1 container (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
8 cherry tomatoes

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Place pie crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, gently pressing dough into bottom and up sides; prick bottom. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown; cool completely.
2. Thinly slice green onions; set aside. Thinly slice half of the cheese. Grate remaining cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Set cheese aside.
3. Place chicken in Large Micro-Cooker®. Add barbecue sauce; toss to coat. Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until mixture is hot, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of the grated cheese and half of the green onions.
4. To assemble pie, line bottom and sides of crust with sliced cheese. Spoon chicken mixture into crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle top of pie with remaining grated cheese. Using Easy Accent® Decorator, pipe sour cream around edge of pie. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of sour cream, cut sides up. Garnish with remaining green onions.
Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 24 g, Sodium 510 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

© 2013 The Pampered Chef used under license.

You could just use 1 crust, roll it out then fold up about 1 inch of the outside of the crust, pinch to stand, and bake on bar pan or pizza pan. Then fill as indicated. There's a dessert recipe in the All the Best that does something like this.

oh, thank you! Now to contact the host!

1. Can I substitute an ingredient in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in a recipe as long as they have similar textures and flavors. For example, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, or regular milk with almond milk. However, keep in mind that the final result may be slightly different in taste and texture.

2. Can I use a different sized pan for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different sized pan for a recipe, but you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly. A smaller pan may require longer cooking time, while a larger pan may require shorter cooking time. It's best to keep an eye on the dish while it's cooking to ensure it doesn't overcook or undercook.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

It depends on the recipe. Some dishes are best made fresh, while others can be made ahead of time and reheated. It's best to check the recipe instructions or ask your consultant for their recommendations.

4. Can I use frozen instead of fresh ingredients?

In most cases, yes, you can use frozen ingredients instead of fresh ones. However, keep in mind that the final result may be slightly different in taste and texture. It's also important to properly thaw and drain any frozen ingredients before using them in a recipe.

5. Can I double or halve this recipe?

Yes, you can adjust the quantity of a recipe to fit your needs. Just keep in mind that the cooking time and temperature may need to be adjusted accordingly. It's also important to use the correct measurements when adjusting the recipe, especially when it comes to baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
Replies
Views
sharalam