• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Choosing the Perfect Website Name | Top Chef Heather's Guide

In summary, the name of your website cannot include "Chef" because it is a trademarked word. You can use your first and last name, or a nickname. If you need to change your e-mail, try using a free web-based mail service.
topchef.heather
I'm finally trying to set up my website and I can't come up with a name. I was trying to keep my email and website the same, but it's saying that it's not available. My name is topchef.heather...can't use., I tried topchefheather - not available, topchefheathermeyer - not available. topchef - not available. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! :chef:

then change your email. I highly suggest using a free web-based mail service for PC so you don't have to change your address every time you change providers.

I do use gmail, so I guess it would be easier to change that.

I was under the impression that you can't use "Chef" in your website address because it's a part of the tagline...Found it:
Except as otherwise provided in these policies, it is
inappropriate to use The Pampered Chef® corporate name,
the tagline, any trademark used by the Company or any
derivation of such, for instance, “pamper,” “pampered,”
“chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc. as part of an e-mail address
or domain name.

for ease of use, your first & last name works great. I was trying to be creative when I made mine.... /crystalscookingnow and it's really hard to fit it all on a business card, etc.

Oh, I thought I read that too, but then I also thought that I saw a few websites out there that didn't follow the rules...so I wasn't really sure where I read that at. Maybe that's why it won't take my name, maybe it blocks it automatically.

crystalscookingnow said:
for ease of use, your first & last name works great. I was trying to be creative when I made mine.... /crystalscookingnow and it's really hard to fit it all on a business card, etc.

That also makes it easy for people to remember what your site is.

topchef.heather said:
Oh, I thought I read that too, but then I also thought that I saw a few websites out there that didn't follow the rules...so I wasn't really sure where I read that at. Maybe that's why it won't take my name, maybe it blocks it automatically.

The rule was put in place a couple of years ago, so there are web addresses out there that were grandfathered in.

Makes sense, great - thanks!

I've seen people use things like heatherskitchen. I just use a nickname that I've always used

Mine is lockhartkitchen for both email and web page. (I do have issues when using the website on business cards, because it's about 2 characters too long. I have to reduce the font size). Your last name is shorter and would work nice.

Try to keep it short, easier to remember.

DebbieJ said:
then change your email. I highly suggest using a free web-based mail service for PC so you don't have to change your address every time you change providers.

If you do change your e-mail go with a chefsuccess.com e-mail. Mine in [email protected] and I love it. My website is fiveinthehive and I love that too!

Oh my, I didn't even know that there was chefsuccess email, good suggestion, thanks!

What is the process for choosing a website name?

The process for choosing a website name can vary depending on personal preferences and the type of business you have. However, some important factors to consider include choosing a name that is easy to remember, relevant to your brand, and not too similar to existing websites. It's also important to check the availability of your desired name and secure it as soon as possible.

Can I use my business name as my website name?

Yes, using your business name as your website name can be a great option. It allows for consistency and helps customers easily find your website. However, if your business name is too long or difficult to remember, you may want to consider using a shortened version or a related keyword in your website name.

Do I need to include keywords in my website name?

Including relevant keywords in your website name can help with search engine optimization (SEO) and improve your website's visibility. However, it's not necessary to have keywords in your website name. It's more important to choose a name that accurately represents your brand and is easy for customers to remember.

What if my desired website name is already taken?

If your desired website name is already taken, you may need to get creative and come up with alternative options. This could include adding a word or phrase to your original name, using a different domain extension, or considering a completely different name. You can also reach out to the owner of the existing website to see if they are willing to sell or transfer the domain to you.

How do I secure my chosen website name?

To secure your chosen website name, you will need to purchase a domain and hosting. There are many domain and hosting providers available, so it's important to do your research and choose a reputable and reliable option. Once you have purchased your domain and hosting, you can then connect them and start building your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • magentablue
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Liseit
  • pletcherdee