• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I expand my network and find new customers for my business?

In summary, the person is a self-employed floorcovering subcontractor who has tried various methods to promote their Pampered Chef business, including contacting their regular customers and places they frequent, handing out catalogs and leaving trifold brochures, canvassing their neighborhood, promoting on a web board for flooring, and having shows with hosts inviting guests who are not known to the host. They also mention filling out their List of 100 and following up with past show attendees. They have also tried approaching high-end appliance centers and wearing PC logo wear to the grocery store. A suggestion is made to try pampering a business and redo the List of 100 with different subject headings. Another suggestion is to host a mystery host show with a friend who owns a
Barry Carlton
Okay here's the problem. I'm a guy!!!!

Okay, that's not the problem....but part of it.

I am self employed as a floorcovering subcontractor. I do work for a small handful of regular stores or designers. I buy my supplies at the only supply house in the area and occasionally at a big box store. I go to the bank and gas station.

All of the above have been contacted with some mild (very mild) post holiday interest.

I do talk to the homeowner when I am on the job. No interest so far. (I do always leave a trifold that one of my team members created)

I canvassed my neighborhood with the New consultant in your area. With absolutely NO interest. (well I did do a cat show [one order for xmas gifts] and have one pending).

I have quietly let most of my church know that I have restarted PC. But I cannot and will not conscientiously "work' the members of my church. That is not why I attend. I go for spiritual reasons not business. But I have had 2 shows via my friends there. One booking in March. 2 maybes.

My 'friend' circle is the congregation and that is it.

My wife is a substitute lunch lady and promotes as much as possible. No interest. (one replacement part)

I am on another web board for flooring and have promoted there as much as is allowed. One online sale.

I do run errands to the grocery store and occasionally have time to ship with my wife and always take a catalog and hold it so it shows prominently. This is understandable as most women wouldn't approach a strange man in a store. (one cashier has asked for a card to order one particular spice online).

I have had 3 live and 1 cat show. I have made it a point to have the hosts ask guest to bring at least one person the the host doesn't know.

So finally, my question, What am I over looking? It seems to me that I have exhausted nearly all of my resources.

Have you filled out your List of 100? I'd start there. You might also look at doing a few booths to help build leads. But the List of 100 is where I'd start - and following-up with your past show attendees, make sure they are happy with their products, tell them about the upcoming specials, etc.

Thanx for the response, I was starting to wonder. I could not fill near the 100 mark. But I have contacted everyone i could. I do follow through with the guests at my shows. I only got a couple of single orders and no interest on hosting. I think I am doing everything I can according to PC suggestions. I even went in to a couple of high end appliance centers (really high end) and showed the 3 qt SS for the induction stovetops. I have one request for this month for demos and a request for cards.

Booth shows have been a great help for me and a great source of new leads. Do you have any PC logo wear a t-shirt? Perhaps wearing a PC t-shirt to the grocery store, etc might get a commnet or two
And definetely redo the list of 100, I have been in just over a year now and mine has changed in that time

one other suggestion I just thought is have you tried pampereing a business?

cookinforyou said:
one other suggestion I just thought is have you tried pampereing a business?

Just read that earlier today. I likey :)

Just need to do more research on techniques and recipes. Mostly recipe ideas. I love the salon idea as I reeeeely need a haircut this week! Haven't had one since I started again. New contacts. Yesss.

BTW
I have tried the catalog thing in the grocery store in various types of dress. Work clothes, casual, suit and tie (aft church). Nothing changes.
And the tote just doesn't do it for me (not my color hehe)

I can make it into an attachment here in a few mintues but I re-did my list of 100 in to different subject headings to make me think outside of the box.

Here are a couple for you

Past Hostess
Past Guest
Co-Workers
Kid Contacts
Chruch
Direct Sales Contacts- ( Friends who sell for other direct sales companies)
School Contacts- ( I am a full time Master's student)
Family -
Friends-
Places you do business-
Grocery Store
Bank
Floral Shops ( Wedding Registries)
Facebook Friends ( The people you talk to on facebook)

That's what I did and it helped me think of a whole differnt circle of people

Hope that helps!

I had a friend who owns a real estate business and I asked them to host a mystery host event for their clients. I gave her 100 minicatalogs and special invitation flyer I made for her and the envelope. She had to mail them. On the flyer we let everyone know they were hosting the mystery host event and that they had the chance to win free merchandise or an item at 50% off. They were given tickets into the drawing for RSVPing, actually attending, spending $60, and if they booked 2 tickets and a ticket for each canned good they brought for the local food pantry. I received 3 bookings because it ended up mainly friends in attendance. We did it open house style from 6:45 to 8:45 very casual. They had wine and cheese and I cooked Bacon Linguini toss. I had to bring a burner with me as they did not have a kitchen in their office. I hope this idea helps as I plan on trying to do it with some local hair salons, and nursing homes.

Dawn

The burner idea to me is old hat I was the only consultant in central CA to be using one in the mid '90'sThank you for the reminder.

Another couple of ideas to think about...Hairstylist
Doctors/Dentists officesI'm in a similar spot since most of the people that I know are in our church but I have been able to find a few others.

Hey now just because you are a guy makes no deference lol. Try geting a bunch of min catalogs and leave them in local stores, doctors offices, anywhere really. most places when asked to leave them at their front desk dont mind at all.

winklermom said:
Another couple of ideas to think about...

Hairstylist
Doctors/Dentists offices

I'm in a similar spot since most of the people that I know are in our church but I have been able to find a few others.

Another post about hair salons was a great idea (the stylist thought though is a little out there considering my continuing lessening hair....nothing to style ;) )

Dr's and dentists are a good idea, thing is we are an MT nest, and in good health. 1 DR visit a year and the same w/ dentist.

Both will be implemented as app't's come up.

Thank You

Barry

ChefShalon said:
Hey now just because you are a guy makes no deference lol. Try geting a bunch of min catalogs and leave them in local stores, doctors offices, anywhere really. most places when asked to leave them at their front desk dont mind at all.

Thanx,

I did do this in the mid '90's. nd I know that many of us guys have better shows than some gals. I am having a tough time getting started this time. I am in Boise (only 11 yrs. and before I was in my forever hometown and I had many more contacts...school and such).

But I have cold calls really last on my list and I am nearly there.

yea its hard to get started i know i just started dec. 17th lol but im doing pretty good for a guy with no contacts. i have 3 jans shows book i did 2 dec. and i have 5 feb show not to shabby but not my goal of 15.

I recommend getting a decal for your car -- the one with your number on it. I can trace back lots of parties and orders to one lady seeing my sign, not knowing I did PC, hosting lot of parties herself which lead to lots of bookings. I bet 1/2 my biz can be traced back to that one contact! I have even had a few calls while I was grocery shopping!

Sandi

What is the 3 Part of 3-2-1?

The 3 Part of 3-2-1 is a cooking method used by Pampered Chef that involves dividing a recipe into three parts: prepping, cooking, and serving. It is designed to help you save time and make meal preparation easier.

How do I know which recipes can be made using the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method?

Pampered Chef offers a wide variety of recipes that can be adapted to the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method. Look for the "3 Part of 3-2-1" label on our recipe cards or use the search feature on our website to find compatible recipes.

What are the benefits of using the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method?

Using the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method can save you time in the kitchen by breaking down the cooking process into manageable steps. It also allows for easier clean-up and helps ensure that all parts of the meal are ready at the same time.

Do I need any special tools to use the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method?

No, you do not need any special tools to use the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method. However, having some basic kitchen tools such as a cutting board, knife, and mixing bowls can make the process even easier.

Can I adapt my own recipes to use the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method?

Yes, you can adapt your own recipes to use the 3 Part of 3-2-1 method. Simply divide the recipe into three parts and plan out the prep, cooking, and serving steps accordingly. You can also use our 3 Part of 3-2-1 chart to help guide you through the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefGwendolyn
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies