• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Tapenades, Please!!

In summary, the host is having a party on Sunday and is looking for appetizer ideas that are dairy and beef-free due to dietary restrictions of guests. They have decided on making Turkey Tapenade Meatballs and Goat Cheese and Tapenade Crostini, using different tapenades for each. They are unable to use tapenades with nuts due to allergies and are wondering which tapenade to use for the meatballs and crostini. The host also asks for any other recipe recommendations and mentions their experience using the Artichoke tapenade for the meatballs. They also suggest skipping the nuts in the tapenade recipes for those with allergies.
Jennie50
I have a party on Sunday where guests have dietary restrictions (one is lactose intolerant, and the other does not eat beef). The host wants an appetizer show, but finding finger food recipes without dairy and beef has proven to be very difficult!

I think I’ve settled on the Turkey Tapenade Meatballs and a Goat Cheese and Tapenade Crostini (the lactose intolerant mother-in-law apparently likes goat cheese alot) . My thought is to make one tapenade for the meatballs in advance and micro them in the SRB at the show, then assemble a different one at the party to put on the crostini. Which tapenades should I make? I'd like to try them in advance at home, but I'm allergic to tree nuts, so I can't use the nuts in the Roasted Red Pepper & Sun Dried Tomato, Apple & Walnut, or Apricot & Fig Tapenades. Will these recipes taste okay without the nuts, or should I just plan to use the Spinach & Olive and Artichoke versions? Which one would you recommend for the meatballs, and which for the crostini?

Or do you have another recipe recommendation altogether? This show is RIDDLED with food allergies, and I just can't google any more recipes!! Any help would be appreciated!

I made the Artichoke tapenade for the meatballs and cooked them in the SRB. Maybe the tapenade was too wet or something because it just looked like a hot mess when it came out of the microwave! Trying the roll the meatballs n the tapenade was a major joke..just made the mess, messier. I'd definetely recommend forming the meatballs by hand (instead of using the scoop...that might have been my issue).

I think you could probably just skip the nuts in the tapenade recipies if someone's allergic. There's not that many in there anyway, so you probably won't miss the taste.
Good luck! I LOVE the tapenades and have been making them a lot at shows & family events...everyone loves them!

For the Turkey Tapenade Meatballs, I would recommend making the Roasted Red Pepper & Sun Dried Tomato Tapenade without the nuts. The combination of the roasted red peppers and sun dried tomatoes will still give the meatballs a lot of flavor. For the Goat Cheese and Tapenade Crostini, I would recommend making the Spinach & Olive Tapenade. The olives will provide a salty and tangy flavor, and the spinach will add a nice earthy element. Both of these tapenades will pair well with the turkey meatballs and the crostini.If you are looking for another recipe recommendation, you could try making a Roasted Vegetable Platter with a Balsamic Glaze. This would be a great option for your lactose intolerant and beef-free guests, and it can easily be made in advance and reheated in the SRB. Simply roast a variety of vegetables (such as bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and mushrooms) and toss them in a balsamic glaze made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and herbs. Serve with toothpicks for easy finger food.Another option could be a Mediterranean Hummus Platter. Make a homemade hummus using chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. Serve with an assortment of vegetables (such as carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers) and gluten-free crackers for dipping.No matter what recipe you choose, make sure to label each dish with the ingredients used to accommodate your guests' dietary restrictions. This will make it easier for them to navigate the food options and enjoy the party without worry. Happy hosting!

1. How do I make a basic tapenade?

To make a basic tapenade, you will need pitted olives, capers, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Optional additions can include herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, or anchovies for added flavor.

2. Can I use different types of olives in my tapenade?

Yes, you can use any type of olives you prefer in your tapenade. Green olives will give a milder flavor, while black olives will give a more robust flavor. You can also mix different types of olives for a unique taste.

3. How long will tapenade keep in the refrigerator?

Tapenade can last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, but it is best to consume it within 1 week for optimal taste. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.

4. Can I use tapenade as a spread or dip?

Yes, tapenade can be used as a spread on crackers, bread, or sandwiches. It can also be served as a dip with vegetables, pita chips, or crostini. You can also use it as a topping for grilled meats or fish for added flavor.

5. How can I customize my tapenade to my tastes?

You can customize your tapenade by adding different ingredients such as roasted red peppers, artichokes, or nuts. You can also adjust the amount of garlic, lemon juice, or olive oil to your liking. Get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations to find your favorite.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies