• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is there a trick to getting fluffy rice in a rice cooker?

In summary, the rice cooker did not work well for Gina because she followed the instructions incorrectly. Lee Anne had better results with the rice cooker if she followed the instructions correctly.
rperales
I just got the rice cooker and tried it out. It was the worst rice I have ever had :( . I followed the instructions 1C rice to 2C water. I did 2C rice and 4C water. I also added a couple Tablespoons italian seasoning for flavor. I cooked it 5 min on high and 15 minutes med. I still had A LOT of water left. Cooked it 5 more minutes high and 10 minutes med. the water was gone but what I had was just one big ball of sticky rice. There was no fluffyness to it. I used regular rice and have a 900 watt micro. What did I do wrong??????

Gina

I usually put 1c rice to 2c water and cook on High for 15minutes. Let set for 5 minutes and done.

I do this with the rice a roni also. Everytime I follow the directions on the box, the rice is over cooked or undercooked.

I know with the long grained Uncle Bens rice the directions for 6 servings are 1 1/2 cups rice and 3 1/3 cups water. 10 minutes on HIGH and 20 minutes at 50%. Mine is perfect everytime!

Lee Anne

Did you use minute rice or regular rice? We use the minute rice (easier for me) and I use the large micro cooker and with the directions on the box I get perfect rice all the time. I have never tried using "real" rice before though...hope you got it figured out!!

~Kristen

I think it's a matter of finding the perfect time for your microwave. I had to try quite a few times to figure out the perfect time in my microwave since it is so old. I make sure to tell all of my customers who buythis product that. Not that they try it once and think the product is no good. Everyone's microwave is different.

I used it the other night for the first time. My water was gone, but it was some very sticky rice. Still tasted good though, and I usually use stock instead of water for more flavor.

I've had extra water before and just poured it out. The rice was done still. I also cook mine on high for 15 minutes. And I've cooked as much as 8 cups before. My husband is very particular about his rice and loves the way it comes out with the Rice Cooker Plus. Just keep trying different times. But if it's sticky, it's been cooked too long. And don't be afraid to pour some water out. You can always add more if it's not done.

Hope that helps

Mary

, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your rice cooker. It sounds like you followed the instructions correctly but there may be a few other factors that could have affected the outcome. First, make sure you are using the correct type of rice for your rice cooker. Different types of rice require different water ratios and cooking times. Also, try rinsing the rice before cooking to remove any excess starch that could cause it to become sticky. Lastly, try using the "white rice" setting on your rice cooker, as it is specifically designed for cooking fluffy white rice. I hope these tips help you achieve perfectly fluffy rice in the future. Happy cooking!

1. How do I use my rice cooker for the first time?

The first time you use your rice cooker, you will need to wash the inner pot with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Then, add the desired amount of rice and water according to the rice cooker's instructions. Close the lid and select the appropriate setting for the type of rice you are cooking. The rice cooker will automatically turn off when the rice is done.

2. Can I cook different types of rice in my rice cooker?

Yes, most rice cookers have different settings for different types of rice such as white rice, brown rice, and even sushi rice. Make sure to follow the instructions for the specific type of rice you are cooking for best results.

3. How do I clean my rice cooker?

After each use, unplug the rice cooker and let it cool down. Then, remove the inner pot and wash it with warm soapy water. Wipe down the inner walls and heating plate with a damp cloth. Do not immerse the rice cooker in water. Make sure all parts are completely dry before storing.

4. Can I cook other types of food in my rice cooker?

While rice cookers are primarily designed for cooking rice, some models may have additional settings for steaming vegetables, making porridge, or even baking cakes. However, make sure to check the instructions and capacity of your rice cooker before attempting to cook other foods in it.

5. How do I prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the rice cooker?

To prevent rice from sticking, make sure to rinse the rice before cooking and use the correct ratio of rice to water. You can also add a bit of oil or butter to the water before cooking. After cooking, let the rice sit for a few minutes before fluffing it with a fork to prevent clumping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisatx04
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kreaser