• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having trouble posting a QR Code on Facebook?

In summary, Aimee created a QR code and is trying to post it to her Facebook page, but everytime she tries to post the code she gets an error message. She is not familiar with QR codes and FBML, so she shared how she created her QR code and uploaded it to her website. Then, another user shared how they created a QR code for their business page and put it as the image for one of their news stories.
carlajanes
Gold Member
HI!
I created a QR Code and saved it as I was told. I am trying to post it to my PC FB page but everytime I try to post I get an error that says "There was a problem with the image download"....What am I doing wrong??

Not familiar with QR Code. FBML is what I've seen that it recognizes.

What type of file is it. Try saving it as a different type of file and upload.

I am familiar with QR codes, what will yours do? e.g. take them to your PWS, e-mail them a special, etc.

Are you saving it as a .jpg file and uploading it like other pictures you would upload to facebook?

aha! that is what i did wrong....i saved it as an image....

Please share the concept and idea of QR codes.

QR codes can be scanned with your phone to link you to an app or web site. While the idea is great for us, I don't see the point to them until our personal web sites are easily accessed on smart phones since that's what they are scanned with. I've created one and am waiting to see if people can order more easily from our web site via their smartphones.

Many thanks Aimee! What a great idea and a definite benefit with the new web coming out. I already started playing with them and hope to use FB as my focus group. lol

I'm all into this now! Here's the one I put on my FB page today:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303356_3802098936200_1389121744_4296186_91012234_n.jpgPlanning to put it on all my marketing stuff from now on too!

Can somebody share step-by-step directions on how to do this please? Thanks!

Depends on where you make one. Just google "generating QR codes" and you should be able to find a site or two that do it free.

I got the image of the code, pulled it into a photo editing software program and then added the background, text &logo myself.

This is how I did mine for my PWS to use on flyers & other documents:
(btw, I've got a PC running Windows 7, using IE9, so ymmv)

1. go to QR-Code Generator
2. In the content: window, I entered my pws url
3. I chose size XL
4. Click on generate
5. Once the code is generated, right-click on it, choose save as and save it as a .jpg file somewhere on your computer, then use it as you would a regular picture in documents

Last edited:
I wonder if we could create one for each guest's show? This is pretty cool stuff!

QR codes are the bomb! I am a huge QR code fan. I have one for my website and one for my blog...and on a cuter note, my husband uses QR codes as little love notes for me around the house all the time...generates one for me and tapes it different places, the bathroom mirror, the steering wheel of my car, the computer screen....

I'm planning to put these on my labels that I stick to everything! LOLWould be cool to do one for shows & stick them on the outside order forms, huh? LOL

Can't wait to get home and try this! Too cool! Thanks!!!!

So when you're generating the code, you're just creating a picture of it? I've tried saving as a jpg to my desktop but when I click on it, all it does is bring up the pic of the code. It doesn't go to my pc website. What am I doing wrong?

Chefa - You use your smart phone to scan it.

chefa said:
So when you're generating the code, you're just creating a picture of it? I've tried saving as a jpg to my desktop but when I click on it, all it does is bring up the pic of the code. It doesn't go to my pc website. What am I doing wrong?

It's a picture created for you to add to your flyers. QR codes are meant to be scanned with smart phones.
But, you can make it a clickable image in websites with some html coding.

Sheesh! I can't believe I'm so tech-deficient! Duh!!!

I like the idea of making it a clickable image! Anyone care to share how?

Anything clickable involves using HTML code and can't be used on FB or our web sites because they don't allow HTML code. :(
With the QR code you could make one for your FB business page and put it as the image for one of your news stories on your PWS.

What is a QR code and how does it work?

A QR code is a type of barcode that can be scanned using a smartphone or other device with a camera. It contains information such as website URLs, contact information, or product details. When scanned, the user is directed to the information contained in the QR code.

How can I generate a QR code for my business or personal use?

To generate a QR code, you can use a QR code generator tool, such as the one provided by Pampered Chef. Simply enter the information you want to be included in the code, such as a website URL or contact information, and the tool will generate a unique QR code for you to use.

Do I need special equipment or software to scan QR codes?

No, you do not need any special equipment or software to scan QR codes. Most smartphones have a built-in QR code reader in their camera app, or you can download a QR code scanning app from the app store.

Can I customize the appearance of my QR code?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your QR code by changing the design, color, and adding a logo or image. With Pampered Chef's QR code generator, you can choose from a variety of designs and colors to make your code stand out.

Are there any limitations to the information that can be included in a QR code?

Yes, there are limitations to the amount of information that can be included in a QR code. The more information you include, the denser and more complex the QR code becomes, making it difficult to scan. It is best to keep the information concise and relevant to the purpose of the code.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzballard