• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Commission Rate on Orders Placed Before 8/1/2003

In summary, the PP website will automatically change the tax rate to the zip code you are using for the show.
MichelleT
I installed PP yesterday, and there was a box for commission rate. Do I fill that out with 20% cause it says something above the box like "On orders placed before August 1, 2003..."

Sorry.....I should have copied what it said before. It says

For shows entered prior to August 1, 2003, enter rates as percentages. For example, a rate of 20% would be entered as 20.00

So under that, do I put the 20%? or will PP do it automatically? Sorry, I'm computer illiterate. And want to make sure that I do it absolutly correct.

Put 20.000 in Commission Rate and 15.000 in Fundraiser Rate.

Also make certain that your Tax Rate Info is correct BEFORE you enter your first show. Otherwise your totals will be off. I didn't have my tax stuff right and my first show took me forever to balance because my hand figures were different from the PP figures.

Thanks Donna!

Quick Tip on Tax infoQuick tip on tax info. If you hold a show somewhere other than your state or county...check the tax info on Consultant's Corner with the host zip code.

Tax may be different than what it is according to your zip code...for example, the state of SC's tax is 5%, but the county that I live in it's 6%, so if I hold shows in other counties, I have to change my tax rates on my show info in PP. Also be sure to check the food tax as well, some places don't require it and others do. Again, our tax is 6% on products and 5% on food.

OK, we're staioned on the base here which is considered part of Midwest City, but we also get mail that is addressed to Oklahoma City. Which one do I use? Because Oklahoma City tax is higher.

I would use the one for the zip code you use normally. If you have a show in another state I know that PP will automatically change the tax info to that state's tax rate. I didn't know this until I entered a show for Ohio and I live in Kentucky

When I go on to consultant's corner, and fill in my zip code for the tax rate, it pulls up both OKC and Midwest City.

The tax rate is based on the shipping address for the show/order. The website pulls my tax rate as 8% based on my zip code, but I live outside the city limits, so I do not have to pay city sales tax, so my actual rate is 6%. So, if your actual physical shipping address is in MidWest City, you would use that rate, not the OKC rate. Make sense?

Shawnna

1. What is the commission rate for orders placed before 8/1/2003?

The commission rate for orders placed before 8/1/2003 is 20%.

2. Is the commission rate different for orders placed after 8/1/2003?

Yes, the commission rate for orders placed after 8/1/2003 is 25%.

3. How do I know if an order was placed before or after 8/1/2003?

You can check the order date on the invoice or receipt to determine if it was placed before or after 8/1/2003.

4. Will I receive the same commission rate for all orders placed before 8/1/2003?

Yes, the commission rate for orders placed before 8/1/2003 is a flat rate of 20%, regardless of the order amount.

5. Can I still earn commission on orders placed before 8/1/2003?

Yes, as long as the orders were placed while you were an active consultant, you will receive the commission rate of 20% on those orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • mama2emma