• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Managing Expenses with PP: Tips and Best Practices

In summary, Sandy created categories for her expenses (office, groceries, and PC products), and whenever she adds a receipt to one of these categories, she also adds the mileage involved.
MichelleT
I want to track all my expenses with PP (because I think it's a great tool!) but what do I put my start up costs under? Personal? I'm talking about things like an organizer, folders, ink, paper and things like that. Also, when I bought some of my stuff, I also bought stuff for my first show at the same time. Do I seperate them, or since they are all on the same receipt leave it all together. What do you put the groceries that you buy to practice recipes under? Sorry so many questions, I just want to make sure I do it right, and find out the best way to do it.

What I've done...is create categories (PP lets you do this). Anything from Staples goes into the "office" category (folders, the laptop, info stamper, etc). I have a "Groceries" category for ingredients I buy for test recipes. Any PC products I buy I put under "Kit enhancement". True, this isn't technically what PC would think of as a Kit enhancement order, but they don't use the PP information...and kit enhancement makes sense to me so I could remember what it was at tax time in case I'm ever audited. I don't remember if BIZLUNCH was a PP category...if not, I added it. Also, whenever I am adding reciepts in these categories, I go ahead and add the milage involved with them. Because I can NEVER remember to write down milage, I just put the addresses in mapquest and let it do it for me...and write down on a 3x5 card those addresses I use frequently. (Grocery store, staples, costco, etc)

Hope this helps,
Sandy

Thanks Sandy, I didn't realize that I could add a catagory!

You're WelcomeI'm a military spouse, too (noticed the AFB in your signature). We're Army, though...Ft. Lewis, WA.

Have a great day,
Sandy

Hi there! I completely understand your desire to track all of your expenses with PP. It's a great tool for keeping everything organized and in one place. When it comes to your start-up costs, I would suggest putting them under the "Business Expenses" category. This way, you can easily see how much you have invested in your business.As for your first show purchases, I would recommend separating them from your personal expenses. This will make it easier for you to track your business expenses and income separately. If they are all on the same receipt, you can still enter them separately in PP by creating a new transaction for each item.For groceries that you buy to practice recipes, I would suggest putting them under the "Food and Beverage" category. This will help you keep track of how much you are spending on ingredients for your recipes.I hope this helps and please don't apologize for asking questions. It's always better to make sure you are doing things correctly from the start. Best of luck with your business!

What is "Help With Pp, Again!"?

"Help With Pp, Again!" is a comprehensive program designed to assist individuals with managing their personal finances and budgeting effectively.

Who can benefit from "Help With Pp, Again!"?

"Help With Pp, Again!" is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their financial literacy and learn how to better manage their money, regardless of their income or financial background.

What does "Help With Pp, Again!" offer?

"Help With Pp, Again!" offers a variety of resources and tools, including budgeting templates, financial planning worksheets, and educational materials, to help individuals gain control over their finances.

Is "Help With Pp, Again!" free to use?

Yes, "Help With Pp, Again!" is completely free to use. There are no hidden fees or subscriptions required.

How can I access "Help With Pp, Again!"?

You can access "Help With Pp, Again!" through our website, where you can find all the necessary resources and information to get started on your journey towards financial wellness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katem51
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • lisacb77
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristamk