• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Poached Eggs? Can PC Help?

When poaching eggs...Make sure you put vinegar in the water. About 1 tablespoon for 3 cups water or so...I don't measure anymore, I can just tell!! Just like grandma...add a pinch of this and a half a palmful of that.... This helps keep the eggs whole so they don't seperate. I am of course talking about when you boil the water in your executive cookware! I have cooked many of them in my day...too many early morning breakfasts!!! :D :D :DI love poached eggs (quite proficient making them in a pan on the stove) would LOVE to make them quickly in the micro! ;)
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Hey does PC have a product to make Poached eggs in? Because I think it would be GREAT idea. We tried this morning and it was VERY VERY hard and I said I am going to ask all my friends here.:D

I think you can poach eggs in the prep bowls -- but don't quote me on that.

Yes carolyn you can poach eggs in your prep bowls in the micro for about a min. I usually do mine for a min. It works great and fast!!!

And it's another cross sell idea. I mentioned that to a mother...your kids can make their own eggs in the prep bowls.She bought two sets.

Really Really..tell me how...They just tried to make me one in bowling water and Kevin was getting really frustrated...LOL

Oh I put like a quarter cup of water in then the egg. If you want to eggs I use a little less water. Sorry just thought of this!

Ok, then the microwave.. will it be runny?

Jilleysue said:
Ok, then the microwave.. will it be runny?

put water in your 8" saute...( half way up) crack the egg over the pan ( when the water is simmering) gently drop the egg in, you will see how the white goes around the yolk, it takes maybe 2 -3 minutes lift it out with a slotted spoon......;) ;) ;)

Jill in the micro for 1 min the yolk will be slightly runny, if you want the yolk all the way cooked put it in for another 10 secs and check. Eggs are very easy to blow up in your micro, so don't cook them for long! I did this once on the phone, boy did I regret it!

Spray the prep bowl first, crack the egg inside, microwave for almost 1 minute (turning at 30 seconds). It pops right out when you turn it upside down! Awesome for Egg McMuffins!

Paige Dixon said:
Spray the prep bowl first, crack the egg inside, microwave for almost 1 minute (turning at 30 seconds). It pops right out when you turn it upside down! Awesome for Egg McMuffins!
Egg hockey pucks.

Don't dink around with trademarks that belong to companies that have hot and cold running lawyers. ;)

Cool thanks everyone. This will work. I was wondering if They had a poached egg tool, but those prep bowls will work. Can't wait till I post that they blew up on me..because ya'll KNOW that will happen to MEEEEEEEEEEEE..haha

Jilleysue said:
Cool thanks everyone. This will work. I was wondering if They had a poached egg tool, but those prep bowls will work. Can't wait till I post that they blew up on me..because ya'll KNOW that will happen to MEEEEEEEEEEEE..haha

Make sure to take a picture of it before you clean it up and post the pic!!!:D

We revel in other's misfortunes! :D

When poaching eggs...Make sure you put vinegar in the water. About 1 tablespoon for 3 cups water or so...I don't measure anymore, I can just tell!! Just like grandma...add a pinch of this and a half a palmful of that....

This helps keep the eggs whole so they don't seperate. I am of course talking about when you boil the water in your executive cookware! I have cooked many of them in my day...too many early morning breakfasts!!! :D :D :D

I love poached eggs (quite proficient making them in a pan on the stove) would LOVE to make them quickly in the micro! ;)

1. How do I keep my poached eggs from spreading out in the water?

One way to prevent your poached eggs from spreading out in the water is to add a splash of vinegar to the boiling water before adding the eggs. The acidity helps the egg whites to coagulate and hold their shape.

2. Can I use a regular pot to poach eggs or do I need a special pan?

You can use a regular pot to poach eggs, but a special poaching pan with individual cups can make the process easier and help the eggs keep their shape. If using a regular pot, make sure it is wide enough to allow for the eggs to have enough space to cook without touching each other.

3. How do I know when the poached eggs are done?

The poached eggs are usually done when the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft. This can take anywhere from 3-5 minutes depending on the size and freshness of the eggs. You can use a slotted spoon to gently lift the eggs out of the water and check their doneness.

4. How do I prevent my poached eggs from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your poached eggs from sticking to the pan, you can lightly coat the cups or pan with cooking spray or a small amount of oil before adding the eggs. You can also swirl the water in the pan before adding the eggs to create a gentle movement that can help prevent sticking.

5. What is the best way to serve poached eggs?

Poached eggs are best served immediately after cooking. You can serve them on top of toast, English muffins, or even on top of a salad. They also pair well with hollandaise sauce, avocado, or smoked salmon. Experiment with different toppings to find your favorite way to enjoy poached eggs!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kam