• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Phone Calls: Using Electronic Communication for Better Results

this seems like it would be helpful for those who are forgetful or don't have time to check their phone in between calls.
NooraK
Gold Member
This was posted on Jen Fong's blog today. I though the tips were quite helpful.

http://www.jenfongspeaks.com/using-electronic-communication-to-make-phone-calls-more-productive/

Using Electronic Communication to Make Phone Calls More Productive

Phone communication is really not my favorite. Don’t get me wrong. I have no problem talking to people and getting things done via phone. But I really don’t enjoy getting interrupted in the middle of what I’m doing by the phone. Especially for work, I MUCH prefer it when people email me first to schedule a time to speak. Then I’m prepared for the call, and my head’s in the game.

And as I think about how we use the phone as direct sellers, I wonder if we should spend a little time thinking about the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of “interruption marketing.”

Many direct sellers are uncomfortable making phone calls. Why? Because we don’t like interrupting people. Why not? Because we don’t like to be interrupted ourselves. Yet the phone is such an essential part of our business. Making those calls daily can be a crucial part of the success of our business. So what do we do?

I believe that online tools can help. Here’s how:

• If you’re planning to call someone, and are friends on Facebook, send them a quick chat message letting them know you’ll be giving them a call later in the day, and asking what time is good.
  • At the beginning of each week, make a list of the people you plan to call. Send them an email asking what the best time to connect is.
  • When completing a purchase with a customer, ask them what the best time is to call when you follow up with them. Write it on their customer care card so you remember the best time to call.
  • Send a text message to a person you plan to call, asking if they’re free, prior to calling.

We’ll never be able to reach everyone electronically before calling. But when we use the tools at our disposal to eliminate some of the interruptions, we feel better about calling, and may find that our calls are more productive. After all, the person has already agreed to take your call (which helps to eliminate the gatekeeper), and you may have more of their attention. Because you’ve made an appointment, you’re less likely to get an answering machine. As a result, you may make more sales, get more bookings, etc. And isn’t that the point?

Do you schedule calls before making them? What are your thoughts? Would love to read them in the comments.

But what do you do then if they don't respond to your email or communication and just ignore you that way too? Do you then still call? I suppose if you did, and it was a bad experience, you know you can remove them from your list?

I think the tips are great for increasing customer contact, but I don't think I would not call if I don't get a response. I have to keep reminding myself that not everyone I know checks their facebook/email/texts as compulsively as I do. If I email certain friends this morning that I'll call them this afternoon, I know they're not going to see the email because they won't check until that evening when they get home.

I think the key is in how to word it: Hi Suzy, just sending you a quick email that I was planning to call you this afternoon. If that time doesn't work for you, let me know when would be better!

And my favorite is the one about asking at the show when the best time to call is.

I think Jennifer has great advice. I also know that some people check their email or fb several times a day. Others might check it once a week or so. Some won't respond to anything but texts. Some respond only to phone calls, but only if I catch them, not if I've left a message. Everyone is different. That said, using email or social media to enhance contact is a great idea.

raebates said:
I think Jennifer has great advice. I also know that some people check their email or fb several times a day. Others might check it once a week or so. Some won't respond to anything but texts. Some respond only to phone calls, but only if I catch them, not if I've left a message. Everyone is different. That said, using email or social media to enhance contact is a great idea.

I've missed you Rae!

Wasn't threre something even in a fairly recent CN about a consultant who sends emails before and after making her calls?

I like the idea of asking customers during checkout the best time to contact them.

I've been selling for 12 years and the best tip I ever heard that had me wanting to pick up the phone I just learned recently.

The best time to call someone is the moment that person's name pops in your mind. Just say "Hi_____ this is _______ with _________, I've been thinking about you. Are you interruptable?" Which translates into "Hi ____, I like you!" making the person more likely to feel connected and want to talk to you

Chefgirl2 said:
I've been selling for 12 years and the best tip I ever heard that had me wanting to pick up the phone I just learned recently.

The best time to call someone is the moment that person's name pops in your mind. Just say "Hi_____ this is _______ with _________, I've been thinking about you. Are you interruptable?" Which translates into "Hi ____, I like you!" making the person more likely to feel connected and want to talk to you

Yes! I've heard this, too, and try to adhere to it. It's not as easy when I work full-time, but I try to do it with friends, too.

1. How common is phone fear?

Phone fear, also known as telephone anxiety or telephobia, is actually quite common. It is estimated that around 20% of adults experience some level of phone fear. It can range from mild discomfort to a debilitating fear of making or receiving phone calls.

2. What causes phone fear?

There is no one specific cause of phone fear, as it can vary from person to person. Some common factors that may contribute to phone fear include social anxiety, fear of being judged or rejected, negative past experiences, and lack of confidence in communication skills. It can also be linked to other anxiety disorders or specific phobias.

3. How can I overcome phone fear?

There are several techniques that can help with phone fear, such as deep breathing, visualization, and positive self-talk. It can also be helpful to gradually expose yourself to phone calls and practice making them in a safe and supportive environment. Seeking therapy or counseling can also provide valuable tools and support for overcoming phone fear.

4. Can phone fear negatively impact my life?

Yes, phone fear can have a significant impact on a person's daily life. It can make it difficult to communicate with friends, family, and coworkers, and can also hinder job opportunities and professional relationships. Phone fear can also lead to feelings of isolation and low self-esteem.

5. Are there any resources available for people with phone fear?

Yes, there are many resources available for individuals with phone fear. These include online support groups, therapy or counseling services, self-help books and resources, and phone call anxiety apps. It can also be helpful to reach out to friends and family for support and understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Karen Weber
  • chefann