• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Back Up & Save Computer Data with P3

In summary, if you have a back up saved to Dropbox, you'll be okay. If you don't have a back up saved, you'll need to reinstall P3.
melissasutkus
My (1 year old) lap top has been on the fritz.. and I am very afraid it is about to crash... I just put all of my personal files onto an external hard drive.. and am wondering if anyone knows a way I can save all of my personal data on Pampered Partner Plus of my shows and everything so that I can load it into P3 after I reboot my computer and re-install P3? I saved a "back up" onto it.. will this load it back up? Or is there something else I need to save? I don't want to lose all of the info on my shows and my contacts!

As long as your back up is saved to your external drive, you'll be okay. You likely will need to reinstall P3 if the computer totally dies, but then your shows and contacts will be in the P3 back up file.

you can even save the back up file to a usb.Mine are saved to dropbox.com, I make a back up every time before I close it. That way even if my computer were stolen by ET, I could still be back in action as soon as I installed P3 on another computer. Also lets me move back and forth between my desk top and lap top without even thinking about it.

awesome.. going to reboot my computer now.. it is going nuts! thanks so much!

Yes, unfortunately, I learned the hard way. I thought I was always backing up my P3 correctly. Then my computer crashed. I realized I was not doing is right. So after a good cry, I bought a Sandisk and now I back it up that way.
I was worried that it wasn't backing up correctly with the sandisk because I would see my backups with the sandisk but it wouldn't open. PC tech assistance said that it won't open unless my computer crashed and I had to re-install P3. Then I could transfer my info from sandisk to it. Live and learn.
So Shelby was correct. Good Luck!

What is P3 and how does it work?

P3 is a computer program created by Pampered Chef that allows users to back up and save their computer data. It works by automatically backing up selected files and folders to an external hard drive or cloud storage.

Do I need any special equipment or technical skills to use P3?

No, P3 is designed to be user-friendly and does not require any special equipment or technical skills. However, you will need an external hard drive or access to cloud storage in order to save your backed up data.

What types of files can I back up with P3?

P3 is capable of backing up various types of files, including documents, photos, videos, and music. You can select which specific files or folders you want to back up, or choose to back up your entire computer.

How often should I back up my data with P3?

We recommend backing up your data with P3 on a regular basis, at least once a week. However, if you frequently make changes to important files, it may be beneficial to back up more frequently.

Is my data secure when using P3?

Yes, P3 uses advanced encryption technology to ensure the security of your data during the backup process. We also recommend using a secure external hard drive or choosing a trusted cloud storage provider for added security.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Symara
  • kaseydee
  • General Chat
Replies