• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Old Pampered Chef Recipe - Apple Nut Ring

In summary, the conversation is about making an Apple Nut Ring for a brunch event. The person is new to the recipe and is trying to accommodate the host's request. They have some confusion about the recipe, such as whether to chunk up the biscuits and how to arrange the apples. They also mention using a different type of cinnamon and using a different pan than the one recommended in the recipe. They are planning to make the dish for their family first and then for the brunch event the next day. They also mention having a backup plan in case the dish does not turn out well. In the end, they share that the dish turned out well and they plan to make some adjustments for the next batch.
Jennie50
I have a host for a brunch tomorrow morning, who is stuck on me making an Apple Nut Ring...apparently she has been a PC lover for years, and a consultant friend of hers made this a long time ago.

Still new, trying to accomodate the hosts as much as possible, so I agreed to try. Gonna make it for my family tonight, but I'm stumped. Pasted the recipe below and was planning to make it in the fluted pan, thinking it'd be kinda like monkey bread. But in looking closer at the recipe, it doesn't call for chunking up the biscuits. Also, I got one package of grands biscuits that is twice the volume of the two smaller packages the recipe calls for. Can anyone tell me what this is supposed to look like? Should I peel the layers of the Grands biscuits in half to create multiple layers of them? Or should I chunk 'em like monkey bread? Confused as to if the apples should be on the outside of the ring when you dump it on a platter. Should I oil the pan so it doesn't stick?? Ugh, I so wish I'd just told her "no, let's stick with the recipes I'm familiar with."

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Apple Nut Ring

Ingredients:
2 packages (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/3 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate biscuits. In Classic Batter Bowl, microwave butter on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip biscuits in butter; roll in sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits in an overlapping circular pattern in Deep Dish Baker.
Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer Slicer. Cut slices in half crosswise with Utility Knife. Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around outer edge of baker. Grate nuts using Deluxe Cheese Grater fitted with coarse grating drum. Mix nuts with any remaining sugar mixture; sprinkle over top.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 12.5 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 50 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook’s Tips: Pantry Korintje Cinnamon can be substituted for ground cinnamon, if desired

It was made in the Deep Dish Baker, which was a round, flat bottomed stone, kind of a larger version of the mini baker, but higher walls. So I'm not sure if it'll work right in the fluted stone. You could tell the host that this recipe uses older products that have been discontinued, so you'd rather do something that could utilize the products you do own. ;)

P.S. Has anyone tried Cinnamon Plus with it, rather than cinnamon? Same amt as reg cinnamon?

babywings76 said:
It was made in the Deep Dish Baker, which was a round, flat bottomed stone, kind of a larger version of the mini baker, but higher walls. So I'm not sure if it'll work right in the fluted stone. You could tell the host that this recipe uses older products that have been discontinued, so you'd rather do something that could utilize the products you do own. ;)

Yeah, I should have, but at this point, the party is tomorrow. I made one up and have it in the oven, so I'll see how it turns out. Anyone have an alternative recipe (with similar flavors) as a back-up plan, if it bombs? I'm making breakfast burritos in the DCB as the main recipe, but she really wanted this ring too...

Do you have the med or large bar pan? That might work; sides aren't as high, but I think if you cut the biscuits in half, roll them in the cinnamon sugar mix, place side by side and insert an apple slice between them it might work plus halving the biscuits will stretch it out to fill up the pan.

So, I just cut the Grands biscuits in half (like you would break open a biscuit to put jam on it), then dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar. I just layered them in the fluted stone, with apples between each layer, and some on the outside, along the edge of the pan. Actually turned out really pretty and tasty! The ring was a lil' "short," so for tomorrow, I'm going to try 1 1/2 or 2 cans of biscuits, and increase the apples to three. Will also double the butter and cinnamon sugar mixture so there's lots of gooey goodness. Not usually a fan of monkey bread or canned rolls/biscuits, but my kids loved it and if it makes the host happy...

I'd cut them in half so you end up with 2 half moon shapes, put the in pan cut side down with apple slices between biscuit halves. Does that make sense? That way they're not quite so "biscuit-y".

Glad you were able to get it to be a success! :) Sorry about my earlier advice...I read your post too fast and it didn't register that you said your party was for tonight. :blushing:Good luck! Hope it goes well and your host appreciates your efforts! (And it's a second recipe, too! Try to prep as much as you can ahead so you aren't flustered during the party and so it doesn't take too long. Once you get talking, time flies by!) ;)

1. How do I make the Apple Nut Ring recipe from Pampered Chef?

To make the Apple Nut Ring recipe, first preheat your oven to 375°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cut in 1/3 cup of butter until the mixture is crumbly. In a separate bowl, beat 1/2 cup of milk, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until a dough forms. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and spread a mixture of 1/4 cup of melted butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon over the top. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of chopped apples and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts over the top. Roll up the dough and place it in a greased round baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Can I use a different type of nut in the Apple Nut Ring recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you prefer in the Apple Nut Ring recipe. You can also omit the nuts altogether if you have a nut allergy.

3. How should I store the Apple Nut Ring if I don't finish it all?

If you have leftovers of the Apple Nut Ring, let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for 2-3 days.

4. Can I make the Apple Nut Ring ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Apple Nut Ring ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the dough is cold.

5. Can I freeze the Apple Nut Ring?

Yes, you can freeze the Apple Nut Ring before or after baking. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container or freezer bag. To reheat, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jen1409
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • KellyCooks