• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Kiwi-Lime Dessert Cups Recipe

In summary, the conversation discusses a recipe for cookie cups using refrigerated sugar cookie dough. However, some people have had trouble finding the dough and have used a substitute mix instead. The recipe involves cutting the dough into wedges and placing them in a muffin pan to form cups. The size and texture of the cups may vary depending on the dough used. Some people have also tried using Pillsbury's "break apart and bake" dough for easier preparation. The conversation also mentions using a tart shaper to create an indent for the filling and the availability of the dough in Canada. Snickerdoodle dough is also mentioned as a possible alternative to sugar cookie dough. Overall, the recipe is described as easy and delicious, but the nutrition information
kkimpinski
I wanted to try this recipe last night. However, I could not find the refrigerated sugar cookie dough anywhere (tried my local grocery store, Safeway, Walmart, Superstore, Sobey's - has anyone is Canada been able to find this??) so I substituted Betty Crocker's Sugar Cookie mix (you add butter, and an egg to the mix to form dough)

The recipe says:
Cut cookie dough into six 1/2-inch-thick (1-cm) disks using Utility Knife. Dip disks into chopped almonds, coating evenly. Cut each disk into four wedges for a total of 24 wedges. Place wedges into cups of pan; bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown (wedges will form into cups).

When you used the refrigerated sugar cookie dough how big were the wedges and how did you put them in the mini muffin pan. Did they actually look like a "cup" after baking?

The Betty Crocker dough produced crunchy cups (I baked for 9 min which I would reduce next time) They actually didn't look like cups so I used the tart shaper to create an indent after taking them out of the oven. The lime filling is "to die for" so I would like to try making these again.

Any help/advice that you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

The wedges, if formed to the muffin pan, would probably sit about 1/4 to 1/3 cm from the very top of the muffin cup. Yes, they do form to a cup after baking, no tart shaper necessary.

I am surprised that you haven't been able to locate it. Sometimes our grocer is sold out of the "rolls" of it, so I buy the new cubed "break apart and break" type and I love them especially for this recipe it makes it so easy.

This is a great recipe, just don't read the nutrition info! :eek:

if using the cookie break aways cut each cookie in half..you only need half to make the perfect cookie cup!!! No need pressing down before you bake...just throw in and bake..use tart shaper after they come out of oven...i found the snickerdoodle dough actually makes a softer cookie and tastes yummy

This dough is usually found in refrigerated section by the crescent rolls, english muffins, etc.....It is amazing how they form a cup all by themselves. Love this recipe!! :)

I agree....this is an awesome recipe. Very easy and yummy. I am having a fundraiser in 2 weeks and this is what the recipe is going to be. Serving on the 3-tied stand.

Just checked with the local grocery store and they don't even have the Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough on their order forms. Makes me wonder if it's available in Canada??

For those who used the Pillsbury sugar cookie dough how did the cups turn out? soft, chewy, hard, crunchy?

Could anyone tell me what the diameter of the cookie dough is when you take it out of the package? (before you cut the slices into quarters) If I knew the diameter this would help me shape the homemade sugar cookie dough before slicing.

kreaser said:
if using the cookie break aways cut each cookie in half..you only need half to make the perfect cookie cup!!! No need pressing down before you bake...just throw in and bake..use tart shaper after they come out of oven...i found the snickerdoodle dough actually makes a softer cookie and tastes yummy

What is snickerdoodle dough?

In Canada, the sugar cookie dough is only available during the Christmas holiday season:(
We have to use the package mix.

Snickerdoodle dough is similar to sugar cookie dough, but snickerdoodles are usually a softer sugar cookie that is rolled in cinnamon and sugar before baking. Super yummy!

Hi, Do you still have this recipe? If so can you email it to me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

1. How do I make the kiwi-lime dessert cups?

To make the kiwi-lime dessert cups, first you will need to gather all the necessary ingredients listed in the recipe. Then, follow the instructions step by step, starting with slicing the kiwis and placing them in the cups. Once that is done, mix together the lime juice, honey, and cream cheese before pouring it into the cups. Finally, top with whipped cream and refrigerate until ready to serve.

2. Can I use a different fruit instead of kiwis?

Yes, you can use a different fruit if you prefer. Some great alternatives to kiwis include strawberries, mangoes, or peaches. Just make sure to adjust the amount of lime juice and honey accordingly to maintain the desired balance of flavors.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 6 servings. However, you can easily adjust the quantities to make more or less depending on your needs.

4. Can I make the dessert cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dessert cups ahead of time. However, it is best to add the whipped cream topping right before serving to ensure it stays fresh. You can also prepare the filling ahead of time and assemble the cups just before serving.

5. Can I use store-bought whipped cream instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought whipped cream instead of making your own. However, homemade whipped cream will give the dessert cups a fresher and richer flavor. If using store-bought, make sure to choose a high-quality brand for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flemings99
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies