• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Kitchen Utensils for Girl Scouts: Any Tips?

In summary, the parent is getting more information from the Girl Scout Leader to see if it need's to cover a certian aread specifically, baking, cooking, basic, etc.. Has anybody done this before? Did you offer anything to the girl's? I think they are 5-6th grader's. I have 1/2 hour so speak. Any idea's are welcomed. Thanks
Shell Northway
I have been asked to speak to a Girl Scout Troop about kitchen utensil's to help them get their cooking badge. The parent is getting more information from the Girl Scout Leader to see if it need's to cover a certian aread specifically, baking, cooking, basic, etc.. Has anybody done this before? Did you offer anything to the girl's? I think they are 5-6th grader's. I have 1/2 hour so speak. Any idea's are welcomed. Thanks

Typically there are 6 activities to complete a badge. When I did a badge class, it took 4 hours. Are they doing other activities besides yours? I would get a copy of the badge requirements if you are doing all the activities. It sounds like you are just covering 1 part of the badge requirements. Have fun!

You can cover a few of the badge requirements. In Brownies, we have to complete 4 of 6 "tasks" for each Try-It badge. We can complete 4 in a meeting if we are super prepared. For juniors (4th/5th), it might be a bit more complex. Find out which badge they're working on and then find what tasks need to be completed and you can design your lesson around that.

I was told I had a half-hour to talk.

It would be nice to give each girl one of the mini bamboo spoons off the supply order since they are so cute and are a utensil. I have no idea if it is expected though.

I was thinking of giving each girl a gift, with maybe a mini and my card as well. Maybe a recipe card with my information on it.

I've done a power cooking demo with Cadette/Senior girl scouts, they did hands on things and then we ate the Greek Chicken and discussed ways of making the recipe even more healthy (low sodium broth and tomatoes, no salt added beans, low fat feta, etc). I'm also a Scout leader so the suggestion about getting the badge requirements is a good one and then you can focus your talk. I think the idea of giving them a little gift is very nice! Good luck!

I told the associate Pastor who is female and has started a scout troop at church that I would be willing to help them get their cooking badge. I was a Girl Scout myself YEARS ago and when I looked at the badge requirements they are quite different now. Anybody done this and have an outline or anything?

1. How can Pampered Chef products help with Girl Scouts?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools and products that are perfect for cooking and baking activities with Girl Scouts. Our products are designed to be safe and easy for all ages to use, making them ideal for teaching cooking skills to young girls.

2. What are some specific Pampered Chef products that are useful for Girl Scouts?

Some popular Pampered Chef products for Girl Scouts include our pizza stone, cookie cutters, measuring cups and spoons, and our kid-friendly knife set. These items are not only functional but also come in fun and bright colors that are sure to appeal to young girls.

3. Can Pampered Chef help with fundraising for Girl Scouts?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a fundraising program specifically for Girl Scout troops. With our program, troops can earn up to 15% of total sales in cash or 20% in free products. This is a great way to raise funds for troop activities and projects.

4. Are there any special discounts for Girl Scouts when purchasing Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we offer a 10% discount on all Pampered Chef products for Girl Scouts and their families. Simply use the code GIRLSCOUTS at checkout to receive the discount.

5. Can Pampered Chef provide cooking demonstrations or workshops for Girl Scout troops?

Yes, we offer cooking demonstrations and workshops for Girl Scout troops as part of our "Cooking with Kids" program. Our consultants can come to your troop meetings or events and teach the girls how to make fun and delicious recipes using Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Maragib
  • HealthNut