• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Follow-Up Success: Strategies for Busy Entrepreneurs

In summary, Beth suggested that you make more attempts to contact the people you met at the event. You should try contacting them today using your car time.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok. I messed up potentially. I had several good leads from a booth event I did 3 1/2 weeks ago :)blushing:). But I never got a chance to follow-up with anyone! School started, Hockey started, Scouts started....YIKES!:eek: It's been a crazy couple of weeks. And by School/Scouts starting- you need to understand (1) I'm the teacher, and (2) I'm a Scout Leader who helps run a pack of almost 90 boys, and I'm the Popcorn Kernel, and that's starting too! (Where I'm going tonight). So trying to fit in my PC business into an already packed schedule has been a bit back-burner lately. I never really had a great system to begin with, so that didn't help.

SO, my question is, what would you say if almost a month has passed since you contacted them? I did send a Thank You email to everyone (personalized) within 3 days of the event, plus they've received 1-2 newsletter/special emails from my regular newsletter list...so they've been "Touched" a few times. A couple of them, I did "special favors" for (finding recipes, etc). But I don't want to appear like a loser who just didn't bother to call. Would you say anything? Or just treat it like any other call?

This is my cycle. I get a jump-start, but have no follow-through. I'm trying to change, but I'm struggling finding that harmony between my business and everything else in life. I get panicked thinking that even if I did find time to make the calls, if I got bookings/shows on my calendar, how on earth would I fit it all in?! As it is, when you have only 2-3 nights at home with NOTHING going on, you don't want to give that precious time up. :( It's a double-edged sword/battle in my brain. I want business, but I'm afraid of the increased workload burying me for good. Ugh.

Just help me with the wording, I'm working on the rest. I am studying Belinda Ellsworth "Power Hour" strategy and her Step Into Success program. Hoping that gives me fresh workable ideas.

"hi! This is _______ with TPC. I met you last month at (event). How was your August? Mine was crazy and I'm just getting to call to see what I can do for you..."

I think what Beth suggested is excellent!
You could also ask if they have kids. If they say no, laugh and say they were lucky to miss the insanity of back-to-school. If they say yes, laugh and ask if they're glad school has started.

First off, don't belittle the fact that you HAVE been in contact with these people! You've emailed thank you's, helped some specifically, and have kept them in the loop with a newsletter. You HAVE NOT abandoned them!

So, just start making the follow up calls! Take your list of everyone, pick out the first 5 or 6 you feel are the most "hot", put names, phone numbers, and any reminders you may have about them on a note card (I'm sure you have them, no homeschooling Mom is without them, ever!). Put that in your pocket, purse, taped to a kitchen cabinet, what ever works for you. Make those calls TODAY. Even if it's 9pm and you've called 5 of the 6, make that last call. Then, divide the rest of the people up in a similar fashion, put info on separate notecards, and by the end of the weekend or even end of next week, you should have at least attempted to contact every single person. If you get voice mail, leave a simple "Sorry I missed you, I'll give you a call another time." Then once you've made some attempt to contact each person, start with a new list based on the ones you didn't get in touch with. Call some in the morning, at lunch, mid-afternoon, evening. If you make 1 or 2 attempts at each of these time, you won't be overwhelmed and you'll have been able to try contacting everyone you set out to contact each day. Use your car time to make calls, and I know hockey practice offers LOTS of time to sit in the car and make calls (that's what I do rather than freeze my beehind off!).
You'll be so glad you made the effort.

pchockeymom said:
First off, don't belittle the fact that you HAVE been in contact with these people! You've emailed thank you's, helped some specifically, and have kept them in the loop with a newsletter. You HAVE NOT abandoned them!

So, just start making the follow up calls! Take your list of everyone, pick out the first 5 or 6 you feel are the most "hot", put names, phone numbers, and any reminders you may have about them on a note card (I'm sure you have them, no homeschooling Mom is without them, ever!). Put that in your pocket, purse, taped to a kitchen cabinet, what ever works for you. Make those calls TODAY. Even if it's 9pm and you've called 5 of the 6, make that last call. Then, divide the rest of the people up in a similar fashion, put info on separate notecards, and by the end of the weekend or even end of next week, you should have at least attempted to contact every single person. If you get voice mail, leave a simple "Sorry I missed you, I'll give you a call another time." Then once you've made some attempt to contact each person, start with a new list based on the ones you didn't get in touch with. Call some in the morning, at lunch, mid-afternoon, evening. If you make 1 or 2 attempts at each of these time, you won't be overwhelmed and you'll have been able to try contacting everyone you set out to contact each day. Use your car time to make calls, and I know hockey practice offers LOTS of time to sit in the car and make calls (that's what I do rather than freeze my beehind off!).
You'll be so glad you made the effort.

yeS! I have planned on the days that I have them at the rink I will sit in the main area or in my car doing some calls and/or work. When it's midweek (no formal practice) public sessions that we take them to for practice, it is about 1 - 1.5 hrs. When it's REGULAR practice, it's almost 2 hrs! (two boys, separate hours).

Thanks all! That helps. :)

someone may overhear your phone calls too.. (ask CK about her dressing room experience)

Brenda.the.chef said:
someone may overhear your phone calls too.. (ask CK about her dressing room experience)

HAHA... I have. Loved that.

Excellent word choices from Beth! I would just be honest with them that you were quite busy but are taking the time to follow up now.

I am so glad to read this post because I am in the same situation. This was great inspiration to jump back in....Thanks! :)

Yup, just call them! :D

1. How can I follow up with potential customers after a party or event?

One way to follow up with potential customers after a party or event is by sending a personalized thank-you email or text message. You can also reach out through social media or use a follow-up system provided by Pampered Chef.

2. What should I include in my follow-up message?

When following up with potential customers, it's important to thank them for attending the event and express your appreciation for their interest in Pampered Chef products. You can also include a special offer or promotion to incentivize them to make a purchase.

3. How soon should I follow up with potential customers?

It's best to follow up with potential customers within 1-2 days after the event. This shows that you value their time and are eager to help them with their needs.

4. Can I use automated follow-up systems provided by Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers automated follow-up systems such as the Customer Follow-Up App and the Host Coaching App. These tools can help you stay organized and efficient in your follow-up process.

5. How can I personalize my follow-up approach?

You can personalize your follow-up approach by mentioning specific products or recipes that the customer showed interest in during the event. You can also include a personalized note or message to make them feel special and valued.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kisrae
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire