• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for a Successful Homeschool Fair: Help & Ideas for First-Time Vendors

In summary, the conversation is about tips and ideas for a homeschool fair that one person is participating in. Suggestions are given to make the booth more appealing, including offering a free party as a giveaway and having mini-catalogs and business cards available. Other ideas mentioned include creating a box with decorated product pictures and offering a free party as a prize, as well as having products grouped for hope chests and demonstrating bulk cooking. The conversation ends with well wishes and the hope that the fair will be successful.
DeeisPampered
Hello Ladies!

I know I have seen a thread here with tips and help on doing a fair, but I just can't seem to find it.

I have a homeschool fair that I am doing next month and if you have any ideas or tips to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! I will be doing it by myself as no one else in my group homeschools and you have to be a homeschooler to be a vendor at this fair. So I know I am in for a long day and could use any ideas to make things as easy as possible! Feel free to email privately if you would like to.

I love this place! It has gotten so that I come here before I go to my director for help:) I love you guys!

God Bless,
Dee

FairsHi Dee,

Fairs are excellent--I just did one last weekend and got four bookings and two web orders. What I would do is to make a box and decorate it w/pampered chef product pics and give away a free party--make the 'free party' sign big! Offer to mail out invitations, pay for postage, and groceries for the recipe. People love to see "free," and they love not to hassle with invitations. I gave everyone who entered a free party, and now I am doing four parties, and one host is a potential recruit!

Have mini-catalogs available, and lots and lots of business cards. Be yourself, and your enthusiasm will sell them on the products! I had one gentleman approach my table and I asked him if he cooked, and he said no, and I said well, these products are perfect for you! Lots of shortcuts! I sold him on the ice cream dipper, can opener, and quik-stir pitcher. =) Good luck!!!

Here is what i didI told everyone who came by my table that I was giving away one $20. gift certificate (redeemable through me) and a free kichen show. I had everyone i could get to fill out a drawing slip and put it in the Classic Batter bowl.

I had alot of people enter...first i picked my $20 winner, then i went through all the names and took out everyone who said they may have a party or a fundraiser etc. (I called those people for a reg. pampered chef party) then I called everyone else and told them they got a free cooking show.

I ended up with 2 catalog shows and 5 cooking shows:)

Erin & Samantha,

Thank you for the great ideas! I guess I am stressing way to much over this! But I haven't done a show since Jan because of tax season and with things picking up again, I probably will not have one again until after this fair. I am hoping that it will give me a great new customer base to work with.

Any other ideas or advice would be greatly apprieciated!

God Bless,
Dee

Dee,

LOL I haven't done a show since OCTOBER... :rolleyes: I'm just getting started up again as well, so we're in the same boat! Just relax, and enjoy being a consultant--your enthusiasm will sell the products! =) Good luck, and if you need more suggestions, you can always email me.
[email protected]. Take care!

Homeschool FairI've been thinking a lot about doing a home school fair, as a home schooler myself. Our main one here won't me in because it's not specifically home school related...but they are letting in CM?

Anyways, my thought on this was to have stuff out and grouped for hope chests...for boys and girls. They are very popular right now, and I have a lot of repeat customers who are buying just for their children's futures. The other thing would be the bulk cooking thing! The other day, i did FIVE roasts in the roasting pan, complete with gravy. I fed one to a family with a new baby, one to my family, and froze 3. The day before, I cooked 10 lbs of hamburger in it on the stove top, drained it with the large collander which was resting in the large stainless bowl. I froze in 1 lb packs, and have ready to go meat!

Just a couple of thoughts on ways you can make your table/booth relate to home schoolers! Good luck! I hope things go gang busters for you!

nikked said:
I've been thinking a lot about doing a home school fair, as a home schooler myself. Our main one here won't me in because it's not specifically home school related...but they are letting in CM?

Anyways, my thought on this was to have stuff out and grouped for hope chests...for boys and girls. They are very popular right now, and I have a lot of repeat customers who are buying just for their children's futures. The other thing would be the bulk cooking thing! The other day, i did FIVE roasts in the roasting pan, complete with gravy. I fed one to a family with a new baby, one to my family, and froze 3. The day before, I cooked 10 lbs of hamburger in it on the stove top, drained it with the large collander which was resting in the large stainless bowl. I froze in 1 lb packs, and have ready to go meat!

Just a couple of thoughts on ways you can make your table/booth relate to home schoolers! Good luck! I hope things go gang busters for you!

What if you told them it would be great for the home ec part of homeschooling? I don't see how cooking isn't related to homeschooling and the fundraiser part too!

Totally tried that
hvl25 said:
What if you told them it would be great for the home ec part of homeschooling? I don't see how cooking isn't related to homeschooling and the fundraiser part too!

This is run by a state home school organization, and they are set on what they will and will not do. I tried all avenues, and they will not budge. They have Usborne, which I understand, and Creative Memories (at least they did last year). I even mentioned in my correspondence with them that Creative Memories is not home school related. But they would not budge...hope I didn't ruin it for the CM rep, but it really bugs (to quote my 14 year old!).

I am looking at smaller fairs, and hope that since I have curriculum (LOTS) I will be selling this year, because I am DONE with home schooling (after several years of trying, I have finally admitted that it just isn't for me!), I will be able to get a table that way, and if I just happen to have TPC stuff out, or put it in their bags, OH WELL...I will try to set up a TPC exclusive booth with the organizers first, of course, and if someone has a TPC exclusive booth, of course I wouldn't do that, but I gotta take it where I can get it!

Thanks!

What are the benefits of attending a Pampered Chef fair?

Attending a Pampered Chef fair allows you to learn about and try our high-quality kitchen products, sample delicious recipes, and receive exclusive discounts and promotions. You can also connect with other food enthusiasts and gather tips and tricks for cooking and entertaining.

How do I find a Pampered Chef fair near me?

You can find information about upcoming Pampered Chef fairs by visiting our website and clicking on the "Events" tab. You can also contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for information about fairs in your area.

Can I host a Pampered Chef fair at my home?

Absolutely! As a host, you can enjoy free and discounted products, as well as the opportunity to gather your friends and family for a fun and interactive cooking experience. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a fair at your home.

What types of products are typically featured at a Pampered Chef fair?

Pampered Chef fairs showcase a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware, bakeware, pantry items, and seasonings. Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

Do I need to purchase products at a Pampered Chef fair?

No, there is no pressure to purchase products at a Pampered Chef fair. However, we do offer exclusive discounts and promotions at fairs, so you may find some great deals on our products. You can also place an order with your local Pampered Chef consultant after the fair if you wish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jennc112
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jennc112
  • ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefChillFL
Replies