• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disney Planning Tips: Navigating the Parks with Young Kids on a Budget

In summary, the conversation revolves around seeking tips and advice for planning a trip to Disney World with four young children. The person is unsure about which parks to visit and how to schedule their days. They mention wanting to splurge on a few meals but are not sure where to start. Suggestions are given for character meals and the best use of park hopper passes. The person is also recommended to get a guidebook for more information.
I would love some tips and advice for Disney. The last time I went I was 8! I have been looking at the website but there is too much information. We will have a 6(boy),5(girl),4(boy), and 9 month old(boy). I am trying to plan a day by day schedule and am not sure if we should visit a park a day or if one of the parks will be better for little ones. I earned level 3 so we will have breakfast everyday. We usually vacation on a tight budget (like no eating out) I would love to splurge a little and book one or two lunches or meals but have no idea where to start. I was thinking the lunch with cinderella, but was wondering if I should do it just for my daughter and me. Also any tips for something extra for the family or just the boys?

Any and all help will be much appreciated:love:

I just responded to your pm! I am getting ready for MOPS, but will respond with some more specifics when I get home.

Here is my 2 cents: I live in TN now (been here 3 years), but am from FL and have had annual passes for Disney several years, so I have been a TON.
Go on the Disney website and request one of their DVD's about vacation planning, they are helpful and it will get the kids excited!
We have been to several character meals and our FAVORITE is the Chef Mickey at the Contemporary! Also like the Princess lunch at Epcot, and Goofey's friends at Animal Kingdom. They are pricey so if you are doing a princess one I would just take your girl, b/c that is a lot of money for the boys to careless about the characters!
We have 3 little girls, (7 and under) but time spent at the parks will be different for everyone! The best part, if you get tired of one park you can jump on a bus to another and you will be there in NO TIME. For a 4 day trip we would typically spend 1.5 days at Magic Kingdom, .5 day at Epcot (not a lot for the kids), and a day at each of Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.
I could go on and on, but if you have specific questions let me know!

just remeber we do get 4 hrs at hollywood with just pc consultants. It is at night so the kids might be tired.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!
Does anyone know if we will have to have two rooms if our kids are 6,5,3 and 9 months when we go? I dont know if I can wait until Feb to find that out. It will make a big difference in out budget!

Also if we can pick up our park hopper passes on Friday or Sat can we use them and not use them on Weds?

I would call Meetings and Incentives. They are the ones who know all the rules.

Get the book, The Unoffical Guide To Disney World. I got it at B&N for under $20. I will save you a ton of money and time. It tells you how to get the most out of Disney. It gives you schedules, when to go where, when is the best time to visit each park, when to do rides, how to save money on food, great tips from other families. It is a must read, I have notes on pages, things underlined. My husband looked at me the other night and said, it looks like you are studing for a test! I told him I was~ It was a test to see how much I could learn in the next 5 months!

cookn' katie said:
Get the book, The Unoffical Guide To Disney World. I got it at B&N for under $20. I will save you a ton of money and time. It tells you how to get the most out of Disney. It gives you schedules, when to go where, when is the best time to visit each park, when to do rides, how to save money on food, great tips from other families. It is a must read, I have notes on pages, things underlined. My husband looked at me the other night and said, it looks like you are studing for a test! I told him I was~ It was a test to see how much I could learn in the next 5 months!

I just ordered it on Amazon Thanks!

DebbieJ said:
I would call Meetings and Incentives. They are the ones who know all the rules.

Thanks Deb, I didn't know we could call now.

cincychef said:
I just ordered it on Amazon Thanks!

Let me know what you think when you get it!! I have notes everywhere! Gives a ton of secrets to get the best spots for viewing of parades, fireworks, etc. Now I will be "fighting" you and your family for all the good spots in line!! LOL!!

I hope for your sake PC has done the night at hollywood a lot differently than the last trip to Disney. The last time we had to wait at least 45 minutes just to get on the bus to go. There went part of the time. Once we got there it was so crowded that we couldn't get on any rides without waiting forever. Tried to get food and get a seat and that was probably another hour of wasted time. Our kids were 5 & 3 at the time and they had been doing disney all day and then with all the waiting in lines, we went back to the hotel early. My husband says that was the worst part of the trip and if we ever earn another disney trip we will just skip that part. I am so with him on that. That night was not fun.

I would also highly recommend Disney Passporter as a book to buy. It helps you to plan each day and has pockets in the back to hold important documents and write reservation numbers and such. On the back of each pocket is a part where you can write your memories of each day. It's a fabulous book! It goes into detail about each and every restaurant, meal, ride, experience, etc. including price and characters you can expect to see. As for character dining, I can tell you that the princess meals are the MOST expensive choices. Also, if this is your first trip, I highly recommend ordering the vacation planning dvd from the disneyparks.com websited. It's free, and it is really good. We took my daughter when she was 3 for one day at MK. We were so sure she was going to be totally in love with it all, but we didn't watch the video to prep her. She was so completely overwhelmed and scared of the characters -- especially the princesses, who were her favorites at the time. When we watched the video, we could have just hit ourselves because it really took you through the park and gave you an ideo what it's like. It also goes through some of the different rides to help you prepare your days.

I just ordered the Disney PassPorter 2010 on Amazon -- got it in the mail yesterday and spent all day reading it -- fabulous! I've been writing down my favorite tips from all of you guys as well so hopefully will be well prepared when the time comes. I wish it was sooner! :) I do know that from being at Disney in the past, there is absolutely no way you will be able to do everything and see everything, even if you had 2 weeks! So, get all the information you can, then decide with your family what you really want to do. Planning will be helpful as I have gone before totally unprepared and spent most of my time saying "Now what should we do or what is there to do?" No more of that-- game plans are a must! :)

Would you say that the Disney PassPorter 2010 is similar to The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2010...I would like to order one of the two books but not both....

KimberleePowell said:
Would you say that the Disney PassPorter 2010 is similar to The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2010...I would like to order one of the two books but not both....

I would recommend the Passporter.

KimberleePowell said:

They are definitely different. I suggest checking them out of the library to decide. That's what I did. I like to see them in person!

See, I went to B&N and looked at both of them! I loved the unoffical guide more, it think it gives great tips from travelers. But I don't think you can go wrong with either of them!

Thank you so much for the information :) I order the unofficial guide from Amazon! After getting my trip confirmation this morning, I can't wait to get my hands on the book! I am as excited as a little kid could be:)

What are some easy and healthy Disney-themed recipes?

Some easy and healthy Disney-themed recipes include Mickey Mouse fruit skewers, Minnie Mouse veggie cups, Toy Story-inspired alien fruit salad, and Frozen-inspired banana "Olaf" snacks. You can also try making your own versions of dishes from your favorite Disney movies, such as Ratatouille or The Princess and the Frog's gumbo.

Are there any kitchen tools or gadgets that can make cooking Disney-themed meals easier?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools that can make cooking Disney-themed meals easier. Our Mickey Mouse cookie cutter set is perfect for creating fun-shaped sandwiches or cookies, while our Disney Princess apron and oven mitt set will make your little ones feel like they're part of the magic in the kitchen. We also have a Disney-themed spatula and grater set that can make meal prep more fun for the whole family.

How can I make my Disney-inspired desserts look more professional?

One way to make your Disney-inspired desserts look more professional is by using our Disney-themed decorating tools, such as our Mickey Mouse icing decorations or our Frozen-themed candy molds. These tools can help you create intricate and professional-looking designs on your cakes, cookies, and other treats.

Can I find Disney-themed cookware or bakeware at Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of Disney-themed cookware and bakeware, such as our Mickey Mouse baking pan and our Disney Princess baking set. These products are not only fun and whimsical, but they are also made with high-quality materials that will help you achieve the best results in the kitchen.

Are there any tips for hosting a Disney-themed party?

One tip for hosting a Disney-themed party is to plan ahead and choose a specific theme or movie to base your party on. This will help you narrow down your menu and decorations. You can also incorporate fun games or activities related to the theme, such as a Disney movie trivia game or a scavenger hunt. And don't forget to have some Disney-inspired snacks and treats on hand for your guests to enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookn' katie
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies