• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Find Inspiration for Decorating a Doll Cake?

both had the same results. I think I might have to increase the baking time in the batter bowl or maybe use a different type of cake mix.
I have seen the pictures of the decorated Bride Cake but have been unable to find pictures of the decorated Doll Cake. Is it in the Celebrate cookbook? Or is there another place to get a look at what can be done? All is help is appreciated! Thanks!

There are some pics under the bridal shower section. I just made one on sunday. I put ribbon in her hair with red flowers that was the brides colors. I put her in the cake after I spread a thin layer of frosting on the cake. Then I used our easy accent decor. with the tip is scalloped on one side and round on the other so when you squirt the icing out it looks like a ribbon almost. I went accross the chest (scalloped part facing out away for barbie) horizantaly about three times this gave the doll a straples gown. I turned it around and did the same thing about halfway down her back to cake. Then for the skirt I did vertical ribbons all the way around starting at the top of cake down to base. Then I took 3 carnations brushed them with egg white sprinkled them with white sugar, cut the ball of the flower so I could spread the red petals around the base of dress, and mid section. It some of my mistakes, but it made it look real elegant. Of course I didn't take pics, I forgot so I am waiting for the brides mom to send me a copy. It was fairly easy, I was so worried and everyone's mouth dropped when they saw it, and I am no cake decorator. :D

picsI have 2 photos of doll cakes I made, but I am unable to attach them here. If you want to see them, just email me. I must tell you that they weren't baked in the batter bowl (because I wasn't with PC yet). I have some goals: get through my 4 shows, then try out as many recipes as I can. I plan to have a doll cake class and use the EAD to decorate the cake. I can tell you that I like Wilton supplies (don't want to knock anyone), but the thought of using only one bowl is great. The doll cake form (wilton) has too many pieces. I thought I had lost one and spent nearly an hour looking for it before I made the cake (last April). Also, if you don't set it exactly right in the oven, it wobbles. I tell my guests these facts and how easy it is to use the batter bowl (one bowl - one mess, not a lot of parts to find and it has a nice handle to grab and a flat base). I am not a professional baker, just a mom who wanted to save some money baking her daughter a great cake. Both ( I had to do a trial one first) came out amazing and I got rave reviews. Let me know if you want to see them (the files are two big for me to list here) and good luck!

[email protected]

Last edited:
Anyone have this problem?I do make doll cakes, I have actually done about 4 between birthdays for the nieces and bridal showers. I too love the idea of using the batter bowl but I have noticed that it takes over an hour for the cake to bake and when it's done---it's not a nice cake eating texture (for lack of a better way to describe it) So, I do find myself getting out the Wilson bowl to make my cakes.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong with my batter bowl?

What's the texture like? Is is hard or spongey? I made a couple different cakes in my Wilton doll cake mold and it depended on the cake recipes and cake mixes I used. It took a long time in my Wilton mold and I had to decrease my batter amount. I made an additional 8-inch cake to set the doll cake on and to make the dress long. I plan to make a doll cake in the batter bowl soon and see the results so I can compare. I have a lot of friends with little girls and it would be cute to see them decorate their own doll cakes (maybe using cupcakes turned upside down, the prep bowls or maybe even the small batter bowl).

I made mine with left over cake batter from the checkered cake and this is what I noticed. The outside was harder than normal, but the cake in the middle was extremely moist. I used two white cake mixes but added a teaspoon of our vainalla to the batter. I made the checkered cake like normal and put the rest of the batter in the sm batter bowl. It still went over the top, but after it was doen baking I just cut the top off and ate it. I let the cake cool for about 5 mins. and then I just flipped the batter bowl over on to a cooling rack until the cake released itself, about a half hour. We ate this cake at my cluster meeting, since the bride was leaving and did not want anymore cake. My cluster said it was good and moist.
It did take extremely long to bake over an hour I believe. :confused:

Thanks for your reply! I'll try it out soon, too and after I've tried it, I'll post my results. :)

hs

1. How do I decorate a doll cake with fondant?

To decorate a doll cake with fondant, start by rolling out the fondant to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Then, carefully drape the fondant over the cake and smooth it out, making sure there are no air bubbles. Use a sharp knife to trim off any excess fondant. Next, use fondant tools or cookie cutters to create various shapes and designs to decorate the cake. Finally, carefully place the doll on top of the cake and use additional fondant to create her dress and other details.

2. Can I use buttercream instead of fondant to decorate a doll cake?

Yes, you can use buttercream to decorate a doll cake instead of fondant. Start by frosting the cake with a crumb coat and letting it set in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Then, use a piping bag and various tips to create different designs and textures on the cake. You can also use food coloring to create different colors for your decorations. Finally, carefully place the doll on top of the cake and use additional buttercream to create her dress and other details.

3. How do I create a layered skirt for a doll cake?

To create a layered skirt for a doll cake, start by cutting a large circle of fondant or buttercream and carefully placing it around the doll's waist. Then, cut smaller circles and layer them on top of each other, gradually making them smaller as you work your way up the doll's body. You can also use a ruffle tip to create a textured skirt. Make sure to secure the layers with frosting or edible glue to prevent them from sliding off.

4. What kind of doll can I use for a doll cake?

You can use any type of doll for a doll cake as long as it is clean and has a plastic or non-edible body. Barbie dolls are a popular choice because of their long, flowing hair and elegant dresses. However, you can also use other dolls such as princess, fairy, or mermaid dolls. Just make sure to wash and dry the doll thoroughly before placing it on the cake.

5. How do I store a decorated doll cake?

To store a decorated doll cake, place it in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. This will help keep the cake fresh and prevent any decorations from melting or smudging. If using buttercream, make sure to let it set completely before covering the cake. You can also store the cake at room temperature, but it may not last as long. If using fondant, do not store the cake in the fridge as it can cause the fondant to become sticky and lose its shape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • nikkijo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • swinkate
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies