• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipes Could Mums Cook for Their Children?

In summary, Rachel is looking for ideas for a cooking show she is hosting in November for mothers without children present. She recommends pizza with veggies chopped really small with lots of cheese on top, using the food chopper to hide the vegetables, and apple wedges with caramel or similar dip.
Yvonne
Hello Ladies (and gentlemen) - I need help! My mouth ran away with me the other night, and I need some suggestions to help me pull off the show I am going to do in November. I am fine with Cooking with Kids shows, have done one and have gained some great tips so have ideas for my next one. But the show I have offered this time is Cooking for Kids. This will be an evening event for mums (no children present). Obviously we want to get our children eating healthier, but make food fun. Have you any ideas what recipes I could offer that would appeal to the Mum's for them to cook for their children.
I know you won't let me down.

Yvonne :D

Cooking for kidsI would start with a tip for people with kids that are young. Start them oout right. Make eating veggies fun. When my kids were little-3 &4 i encouraged them to play with their food! we would take a little bowl of dressing and put it in the middle of the table and tell the kids it was the lake. Then we would take lightly steamed, almost raw veggies and pretend we were big giant monsters. We would grab trees (broccoli) up by their roots and dip them in the lake and eat them. We would grab the people (green beans) and devour them. Sliced carrots were animals, and cauliflower were plants. My kids still love to eat veggies. And no they don't still play with their food, but until 6 & 7 broccoli was still called trees.

It is harder for kids that already are older. My advice would be pizza with veggies chopped really small with lots of cheese on top to hide them. Maybe use the creative cutters to cut veggies and cheese into fun shapes. Hide veggies in your spaghetti sauce. ( I always do that when my kids have a friend over for dinner and it always seems to work.)

Hope these suggestions help a little.

to go with the veggies, you can slice them with the crinckle cutter to not only make them look pretty, but to hold the dip/dressing on them better (makes for less mess). If you have the apple wedger, wedge the apples and dip them in caramel or similar stuff. even just add cinnamon and sugar so it's not so sweet. this way you can show off either the simple additions pieces or the flour/sugar shaker. Apple tarts are nice and easy too using the cut n seal. you can also do crust-free PB&J circles with the cut n seal. you can also do the chicken and broccoli ring from the stoneware inspirations cookbook, this way you can show how easy it is to make it look like there really isn't broccoli in it with the food chopper....parents tend to love the fact that there are tons of vegetables that they can chop with the food chopper, make them really really tiny, and hide them in foods. just use your imagination, never doubt an idea, try it and if it doesn't work the first time, fix it until it does!

Do you have the kids cook book? I have done 1 kids show so far and have another one booked at the end of this month. I let the Mom's pick out the things that we are going to make. One thing that is really good is the veggie wrap. I even made this one for an adults show by special request 2 times. :)
Do you have any children? If so, what are thier favorite things that you have? If not, let me know and I will let you know some of my children's favorite Pampered Chef products. There are 6 of them so it will be a varried list. I can e-mail it to you if you would like. Let the mom's know that children love to help in the kitchen when they get to use Pampered Chef products. Just my opinion. ;)
Rachel

Hi Yvonne,I completely understand your dilemma and I'm here to help! Cooking for kids can be a tricky task, but with the right recipes and tips, you can definitely make it a fun and healthy experience for both moms and their children.Firstly, I would suggest focusing on dishes that are easy to prepare and require minimal ingredients. This will make it less intimidating for moms who may not be confident in the kitchen. Some ideas for simple yet tasty recipes could include homemade chicken nuggets, mini veggie pizzas, or even fruit and yogurt parfaits.Another tip would be to involve the moms in the cooking process by having them assist in preparing the dishes. This will not only make it a more interactive and enjoyable experience, but it will also give them the opportunity to learn new skills that they can use when cooking with their children at home.In terms of making food fun, you could try incorporating colorful and creative presentation ideas. For example, you could make a rainbow fruit salad or arrange veggies and dip in the shape of a smiley face. These small touches can make a big difference in getting kids excited about trying new foods.Lastly, don't forget to have some healthy snacks and refreshments available for the moms to enjoy while they cook. This will keep them energized and engaged throughout the show.I hope these suggestions help and I have no doubt that you will pull off an amazing Cooking for Kids show in November. Good luck!Best,

1. How can I involve my child in cooking without them getting hurt?

One way to involve your child in cooking is by assigning them age-appropriate tasks such as stirring, measuring ingredients, or washing produce. Always supervise children in the kitchen and teach them proper knife handling and stove safety. You can also use child-safe kitchen tools and teach them how to use them properly.

2. What are some easy recipes for kids to make?

There are many simple and fun recipes that children can make such as homemade pizza, fruit skewers, quesadillas, and no-bake cookies. These recipes usually involve minimal cooking and are perfect for kids to help with. You can also find many kid-friendly recipes online or in cookbooks specifically designed for children.

3. How can I get my child to eat healthier through cooking?

One way to encourage healthy eating is by involving your child in meal planning and grocery shopping. Let them pick out fruits and vegetables they would like to try and involve them in preparing healthy meals. You can also make healthy swaps in their favorite dishes, such as using whole wheat pasta or adding more vegetables to a pizza.

4. What are some tips for making cooking fun for kids?

To make cooking enjoyable for children, make it a game or competition. You can have them race against a timer or see who can decorate a cupcake the most creatively. Let them choose the music to listen to while cooking and encourage them to taste and experiment with different ingredients. You can also involve them in themed cooking nights, such as making Mexican food or Italian food.

5. How can I teach my child about kitchen safety while cooking?

Besides supervising and teaching your child about knife and stove safety, you can also involve them in cleaning up after cooking. This teaches them about the importance of keeping a clean and organized kitchen. You can also teach them about food safety, such as washing hands before cooking and not cross-contaminating raw meat with other ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • MHPampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies