• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: Tips for Success from a First-Time Show Host

instead of saying "Hi, my name is Licia and I'm going to be your host for the night" try something like "Hi, my name is Licia and I'm going to be cooking with you for the night." I think this will help break the ice and get everyone more comfortable. :)
babygirl
I had my first show last wednesday and I got about $300 in orders, but no bookings. But then again didnt really push people to book. Please give me ideas on how to push bookings without being to over bearing. I really want my business to continue to grow. I have three parties for September and four possible in october. These are all family and friends. Any tips on getting bookings would be greatly appreciated.

Licia

Licia,
I would call everyone from the show. Ask each one individually if they enjoyed and if they might be interested in hosting a show. I don't think you are being pushy to ask for bookings at a show. Its like when you go to McDonalds and they ask you if you would like to super size. When you are calculating their order you can just ask. Would you be interested in hosting your own show. If that makes you too uncomfortable, just mention the upcoming Host Specials and that the host of that night will receive the Host Special at each show that is booked from hers. I always get people this way. My show last week I said that the Host really loves PC and has her eye on the new Roasting Pan, someone booked for October. Then I stressed that she will get a special from anyones show who books. She had 2 other bookings that night. The other 2 have not set a date yet. Good Luck. Hope I helped.

Debbie :D

Another thing you can say during the phone calls (incase you're uncomfortable with it seeming like you're JUST asking for bookings) can be you're just checking with them to make sure there are no changes to your order. Have you submitted the show yet? This only works if you haven't submitted the show because you MIGHT get someone making an addition to their order. I try to do do "Morning After Calls" (or two days after calls depending on my schedule :) ) and that's where I'll let people know that we're planning to close the show out on such and such day and I'm just letting them know if they have any changes or additions to their orders, to let me know by then. It's a great time to work in there any upcoming specials for hosts to gauge their interest. You could start out by asking if they had fun. If yes (nobody will tell you no, even if they didn't have a good time), let them know that you can come cook for THEM and prepare one of the new recipes for them and their friends at THEIR party. I'm trying to get away from the phrase "booking a show" to make it sound more fun and appealing. Use the term "cooking class" or something to that effect. Highlight the fact that we have SO many new products that make holiday entertaining GREAT, so it's a perfect time. Offer a "CPR" class....cooking, preparing and RELAXING through the holidays. Even if you don't do a "holiday" type recipe at your show, you can hand out tips or something like that.

Some people have offered the Stoneware Dollar Days as an incentive where the host can get a piece of stoneware for the amount of the date (a piece for $15 on the 15th of the month). This may not be as appealing in September because there is already such a good deal on stoneware, but you could do it with different products....like "Kitchen Companion" products or Simple Additions. I have yet to try this, but from the feedback I've heard on this site, it can work quite well!

Good luck!! Hang in there. :)

Hosting a show is one of the best "products" you can offerI understand that you don't want to feel pushy about bookings...I think we've all been there, especially early on in the business.

If you're familiar, inside and out, with the host program, then you should be very comfortable with asking for bookings. I always stress the benefit to the current host ("You know, Susie, when you book your show for anytime in the next 6 months, your friend Ann will get to choose the 60% off Host Bonus for the month along with you! Isn't that a great thank you gift? Can I tell you a bit about what's on tap for upcoming hosts at 60% off?").

Also, the guest's sales receipt might give you a clue as to whether she might be interested in hosting. Did she order stones? Did she order Simple Additions pieces?

Also, when you go around the room for introductions ("Tell me your name, how you know our host, and what PC product you would give as a gift because it's one of your favorites") try to remember who mentions some of the bigger ticket items or collections such as stones, SA, or cookware.

Honestly, though, you'll find it easier to ask for the bookings once you change your perception of what you're asking for. You're NOT asking them to help you, you're asking them to let you help them!

I have to re-phrase. I don't call people just for bookings. I wait until I know they have gotten their merchandise. I basically use that as the reason I am calling and then I slip in "Did you ever think about hosting a show", or "Did you ever think about doing what I do". It seems to work for me anyway.

High Cost ProductsYou can weave it in while your doing your intro.. talk about the order form etc and then you can say "If during the show you come across something you really want, but just can't afford right now, maybe you could think about hosting your own show! Hosting gives you the opportunity to get the item for free, or a discount. Then you can state something your current host shared with you that she wants for free or discounted...

"Like Sally was just dying to get the food chopper, and from having this show won't have to pay a dime for it! Right Sally?? Then Sally can pretty much talk it up or show her enthusiasm!!

Don't forget to talk about the host rewards atleast three times during your show. I take one item at every show I have had and say this item my last host got for free. I took a look at my shows and in the beginning I was only talking about the host benefits once at the very beginning. I also offer theme shows and play at least one game at every show even if it's just my cooking poem. (in the files as the left right game) When you are doing your cc calls or your out of the box calls lead with a theme show pitch instead of just asking if they are interested in hosting a show. Right now I am also pushing the round up for the Katrina victims. People want to help and alot of people can't afford to give away dollars.

My director and I were talking about this exact thing not long ago. One suggestion she had was try to word the question differently than just "Would you like to book a show?" She uses questions like, "So, would you like to get some friends together for some snacks and a movie?" or, "How about getting some football fans together for a tailgate party?" Basically, change up how you offer the possibility of a show to each guest.

At national conference I heard a great idea. During your show, tell your guests that you feel deserves an opportunity to earn the same perks as the host. Then announce that you feel so passionatly about it that if you DON'T ask them, then they get their shipping and handling for free. Then make a point to ask EVERYONE and you won't get stuck. Plus, if you forget and they call you on it, just respond that you are so glad they brought it up and when would you like to schedule your show! :)

I came across this approach by accident: When I was tallying up a guest's order (and they were sitting there with me), I asked: "Do you have a PHD?"...and if they didn't know what that was, I said "Pampered Chef rewards our past hosts with a 10% discount for a whole year after their show, isn't that awesome?" This was a natural and easy segway into asking if they'd be interested in hosting their own show.

Wish listOne way I'm planning to emphasise bookings at my next show is to push the "wish list" use of the sales reciepts. I will tell the guests at the beginnig that one of the great things about noting products they like, even if they don't purchase them, is that I will be happy to let my customers know if something on their "wish list" comes up on special. "For example" I can say, "If someone tonight buys the garlic press but also marked the large round stone as something they liked, I'd be sure and tell them that in October, our Host Special includes the Pizza Lovers Set (list what's in it) for only $36.00!!"
They say we should find a way to mention bookings at least 3 times. So far, my having a "booking talk" (a time I talk just about booking) doesn't seem to work so well...maybe too much of a 'pitch'? So I'm going to try to work it into my demo more.
I'll have to experiment!!

D.C.

BookingsOne thing I heard recently from my director that really stuck was...
"if you took 6 friends to shop in Marks and Spencer (for US change to Macy's or where ever!) and they each spent £25, would Marks and Spencer let you choose some free products as a thank you? No they wouldn't, but that's what we are offering our hosts"

Another from my director's director is to think positive about our fantastic host benefits package and assume during the show that every one of the guests will want to book with you, so when dropping in your booking bids talk about "when" rather than "if" they book their show. Always use the survey slips and read them at the show so that you can speak to the yesses and maybe's there and then rather than having to ring them, and try to get these back before the orders, then as you process their order ask "are you one of the ladies who ticked yes to hosting a show on your survey slip" even if you know they didn't

Try to talk about different kinds of shows as well - I caught one lady with the Bridal Shower idea who is thinking of hosting for her daughter, but would not have thought about having a show for herself!

One of my colleagues sticks a red spot sticker on a couple of items to remind her to talk about bookings e.g. Classic Batter Bowl "this is a very popular item with our hosts as you can get this free just for providing the recipe ingredients" or Non stick cake pan "you know Linda could get this for free if two of you ladies book a show tonight".

Yvonne

1. What is "Boost Your Bookings: Tips for Success from a First-Time Show Host" about?

"Boost Your Bookings" is a guidebook for first-time show hosts who want to increase their bookings and sales with Pampered Chef. It provides practical tips and strategies for hosting successful parties and getting the most out of your Pampered Chef business.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The book is primarily aimed at first-time show hosts who are new to Pampered Chef and are looking to boost their bookings and sales. However, it can also be helpful for experienced show hosts who want to improve their results.

3. What kind of tips and strategies are included in the book?

The book covers a wide range of topics, including how to prepare for a show, how to set goals and track your progress, how to create a successful show layout, and how to effectively promote your show. It also includes tips for generating repeat business and maintaining a strong customer base.

4. Is this book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, this book can be helpful for anyone who is interested in hosting a successful party or event, regardless of whether they are a consultant for Pampered Chef or not. The tips and strategies can be applied to any direct sales business or event planning in general.

5. Can I purchase this book in a physical format?

At the moment, "Boost Your Bookings" is only available as an e-book. However, it can be easily downloaded and read on any electronic device, making it convenient to access and refer to whenever needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fun2cook2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • SandiLeigh