• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life: What Can I Do? A Newbie's Guide

In summary, Relay for Life is an annual fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise awareness and funds for cancer research, support for cancer patients and their families, and to honor those affected by cancer. Anyone can participate by joining a team, volunteering, donating, or attending the event. To start a team, you can visit the Relay for Life website or reach out to friends and family. The money raised goes towards cancer research, support services, and programs provided by the American Cancer Society.
Ann F
Gold Member
Someone posted a suggestion re: Relay for Life. How does that work? We have a Relay here in June, but I haven't been in a while and don't know about booths. What can we do? This is my first May with the PC, so I'm completely ignorant. Educate me, please!

I go to the Team Leaders opening meeting and share with them what Pampered Chef has to offer them. They always have to raise money and we can help.

Make sure that while HWC shows in May receive the higher percentage, it must be marked as a HWC show and PC will send the check to ACS, NOT Relay for Life. You must make any Relay for Life fundraiser a regular fundraiser in order for your relay team/organization to receive the money.

Also remember that the Help Whip Cancer Fundraising amounts ARE NOT what the fundraiser would get. The maximum amount they can receive is 15% at and over $600. HWC fundraisers go 25% at the $600 mark. So make sure you and they know that or you will all be disappointed.

I have a friend that adds an incentive to her fundraisers. if they reach $1000, she donates 5% of her commission, making their take 20%.

What is Relay for Life?

Relay for Life is an annual fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society. It aims to raise awareness and funds for cancer research, support for cancer patients and their families, and to celebrate and honor those who have been affected by cancer.

How can I participate in Relay for Life?

There are many ways to participate in Relay for Life. You can join a team and participate in the 24-hour relay event, volunteer at the event, donate to a team or individual, or attend the event to show your support.

Can anyone participate in Relay for Life?

Yes, Relay for Life is open to anyone who wants to make a difference in the fight against cancer. Whether you are a cancer survivor, a caregiver, or simply want to support the cause, you are welcome to participate in Relay for Life.

How do I start a team for Relay for Life?

To start a team, you can visit the Relay for Life website and click on the "Start a Team" button. You will be asked to provide some basic information about your team and set a fundraising goal. You can also reach out to your friends, family, and coworkers to join your team and help you reach your fundraising goal.

Where does the money raised from Relay for Life go?

The money raised from Relay for Life goes towards funding cancer research, providing support for cancer patients and their families, and promoting cancer prevention and early detection. It also helps fund programs and services offered by the American Cancer Society, such as free rides to treatment, free lodging for patients and their families, and a 24/7 support line.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • aried
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies