• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Help Whip Cancer with a Simple Pin Idea?

In summary, Sherri plans to put pink magnetic ribbons on cars in parking lots to bring awareness to cancer and ask for donations. She is still working on the flyer wording and plans to start right away.
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
This year I purchased 2 bags of the HWC pins and I LOVE LOVE Love them. I've already given away 1 bag to friends and family. But today I got what I think is a great idea and wanted to share and ask how you guys think it would go over. I don't know if anyone else had this idea, but here it goes.

My husband’s car broke down yesterday and he used my van today to go get a part to fix it. I had a nephew's 3rd birthday party to go to this evening and I still hadn't gotten him anything. So.... my kids and I took a walk to Wal-mart, Target and a local Deals (Dollar Store). (Luckily we live only about 2 blocks from all three. :D) Going through the parking lots I noticed there were several cars with the pink magnetic ribbons on their cars. So I got to thinking....... What if I bought a supply of the HWC Pins (couple of bags to start with) and worked up a 1/2 page note and attach a pin to it. The note would say something like - "I noticed that your supporting a loved one with Cancer and wanted to give you this pin to help you bring more awareness during the journey. Please ware it with pride." I'm still working on the statement. I want to add a blurb about PC and their success in helping to raise money each year and about May being the month they designate as "Help Whip Cancer Month" I want to say something about if they want to have their own fundraiser show etc… to contact me (I’ll give my name, email and website address.)

I thought about going on a couple Saturday or Sunday’s to a couple of the busy parking lots and if they have a pink ribbon – I’d leave the pin and note under their windshield wiper. It’s a cheap way to advertise and I thought it might bring me some bookings. What do you think of this idea? Can you help me with the wording of the flyer? I’ll be working more on it tomorrow and I’ll post anything that I come up with.

Wow - that is really creative! I like it!

I love the idea! I would check your local laws though because where I live, we're not allowed to put advertising on cars in parking lots. They call it "blanketing" and it's not allowed. :mad: I think you should definitely do it but check around first so you don't get into major trouble!!;) :rolleyes:

PampMomof3 said:
I love the idea! I would check your local laws though because where I live, we're not allowed to put advertising on cars in parking lots. They call it "blanketing" and it's not allowed. :mad: I think you should definitely do it but check around first so you don't get into major trouble!!;) :rolleyes:

OH, I didn't think about that. I've seen it done for other things, but I'll check and make sure.

FYI...be sure to run the spell check and have someone proofread your message before you print off a ton.

Sherri,

I had the same idea when I saw the pink ribbons on the cars, although I didn't get as creative as you. I may look into that as well - I can ask my teenage son to help me pass out the flyers.

I think that is a great idea, even just to have a stash in your car and if you see one in a parking lot...just pop it under the windshield. I would love to get a gift like that, instead I just get "hey, I want to buy your car"!

Pink Ribbon FlyerHere's the flyer I pieced together from others I got on here. Thanks to those of you who took the time to post all of the great flyers! I hope you don't mind.

I'm still checking with stores on the legality of placing them on car windows. I plan to start right away and keep a stash in my car for the rest of the month at least. I can't wait to share this awesome opportunity and hopefully get the much needed bookings that I need right now.

Attachments

• PINK RIBBON FLYER.doc
    314 KB · Views: 516
That looks great!

Sherri - that is a great flyer! I don't think I will be able to do it this year, but I will certainly keep the info for next year.

Oh myFirst that is such a cool idea. And what a great way to thank them too for the suppor they have already given. Most of the time you purchase the ribbon magnet or whatever and never hear anything about it again.
And Nancy, you have a teen age son that actually helps you????
You gotta tell me how so I can pass it on to a friend of mine in the biz whose son wouldn't be caught dead helping her!

1. What is the "Help Whip Cancer" Pin Idea?

The "Help Whip Cancer" Pin Idea is an annual campaign by Pampered Chef to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research. During the month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Pampered Chef sells a special pink pin and donates a portion of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society.

2. How much money from the pin sales goes towards breast cancer research?

For every "Help Whip Cancer" pin sold, Pampered Chef donates $1 to the American Cancer Society. In addition, they also donate 25% of the proceeds from select pink products sold during the campaign.

3. Can I purchase the "Help Whip Cancer" pin outside of October?

Unfortunately, the "Help Whip Cancer" pin is only available for purchase during the month of October. However, you can still support breast cancer research by purchasing select pink products from Pampered Chef, as a portion of the proceeds will still be donated.

4. Are there any requirements to host a "Help Whip Cancer" Pin Party?

No, there are no specific requirements to host a "Help Whip Cancer" Pin Party. However, it is recommended to invite friends and family to the party and encourage them to purchase the "Help Whip Cancer" pin or other pink products to support the cause.

5. How else can I get involved in the "Help Whip Cancer" campaign?

In addition to purchasing the "Help Whip Cancer" pin or pink products, you can also make a direct donation to the American Cancer Society through Pampered Chef's fundraising page. You can also spread awareness by sharing information about the campaign and encouraging others to get involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • TJMagoo