• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Help Whip Cancer Pin Idea!

COOKINWITHSHERRI

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2006
This year I purchased 2 bags of the HWC pins and I LOVE LOVE Love them. I've already given away 1 bag to friends and family. But today I got what I think is a great idea and wanted to share and ask how you guys think it would go over. I don't know if anyone else had this idea, but here it goes.

My husband’s car broke down yesterday and he used my van today to go get a part to fix it. I had a nephew's 3rd birthday party to go to this evening and I still hadn't gotten him anything. So.... my kids and I took a walk to Wal-mart, Target and a local Deals (Dollar Store). (Luckily we live only about 2 blocks from all three. :D) Going through the parking lots I noticed there were several cars with the pink magnetic ribbons on their cars. So I got to thinking....... What if I bought a supply of the HWC Pins (couple of bags to start with) and worked up a 1/2 page note and attach a pin to it. The note would say something like - "I noticed that your supporting a loved one with Cancer and wanted to give you this pin to help you bring more awareness during the journey. Please ware it with pride." I'm still working on the statement. I want to add a blurb about PC and their success in helping to raise money each year and about May being the month they designate as "Help Whip Cancer Month" I want to say something about if they want to have their own fundraiser show etc… to contact me (I’ll give my name, email and website address.)

I thought about going on a couple Saturday or Sunday’s to a couple of the busy parking lots and if they have a pink ribbon – I’d leave the pin and note under their windshield wiper. It’s a cheap way to advertise and I thought it might bring me some bookings. What do you think of this idea? Can you help me with the wording of the flyer? I’ll be working more on it tomorrow and I’ll post anything that I come up with.

PampMomof3

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2005
I love the idea! I would check your local laws though because where I live, we're not allowed to put advertising on cars in parking lots. They call it "blanketing" and it's not allowed. :mad: I think you should definitely do it but check around first so you don't get into major trouble!!;) :rolleyes:

COOKINWITHSHERRI

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2006
PampMomof3 said:
I love the idea! I would check your local laws though because where I live, we're not allowed to put advertising on cars in parking lots. They call it "blanketing" and it's not allowed. :mad: I think you should definitely do it but check around first so you don't get into major trouble!!;) :rolleyes:

OH, I didn't think about that. I've seen it done for other things, but I'll check and make sure.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
FYI...be sure to run the spell check and have someone proofread your message before you print off a ton.

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
Sherri,

I had the same idea when I saw the pink ribbons on the cars, although I didn't get as creative as you. I may look into that as well - I can ask my teenage son to help me pass out the flyers.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I think that is a great idea, even just to have a stash in your car and if you see one in a parking lot...just pop it under the windshield. I would love to get a gift like that, instead I just get "hey, I want to buy your car"!

COOKINWITHSHERRI

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2006
Pink Ribbon Flyer

Here's the flyer I pieced together from others I got on here. Thanks to those of you who took the time to post all of the great flyers! I hope you don't mind.

I'm still checking with stores on the legality of placing them on car windows. I plan to start right away and keep a stash in my car for the rest of the month at least. I can't wait to share this awesome opportunity and hopefully get the much needed bookings that I need right now.

Attachments

• PINK RIBBON FLYER.doc
    314 KB · Views: 437

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
Sherri - that is a great flyer! I don't think I will be able to do it this year, but I will certainly keep the info for next year.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Oh my

First that is such a cool idea. And what a great way to thank them too for the suppor they have already given. Most of the time you purchase the ribbon magnet or whatever and never hear anything about it again.
And Nancy, you have a teen age son that actually helps you????
You gotta tell me how so I can pass it on to a friend of mine in the biz whose son wouldn't be caught dead helping her!