• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whip Up a Delicious Pink Microwave Cake: Help Whip Cancer Cake Recipe

In summary, Ginger offers a recipe for the microwave cake in the stoneware fluted pan with a beer in the recipe. Dawn offers a recipe for mini fluted cakes in the stoneware fluted pan.
dawn424383
I'm looking for a recipe that I've heard about, that I believe is called the Help Whip Cancer Cake. I think it's a pink microwave cake, made in the stoneware fluted pan. If anyone has heard of this and could pass along the recipe, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to demo it next month. (For obvious reasons) Thanks. :)

Me tooI would like to know about it too. I just ordered the Fluted stoneware so I could make the microwave cakes. I have found that when asking ppl they love anything fast and easy .:) I had thought about just making a strawberry cake in it though and see if it turned out pink.

Debbie

I make the 10 minute microwave cake with the strawberry cake mix and either cream cheese icing or strawberry icing. Very easy, quick, and yummy. Attached is the recipe, but there is not much to it...just mix per box directions, put in fluted stone, plop the icing on top of the raw batter, cook for 10 minutes (12 if microwave isn't powerful), let sit for a few minutes (usually do this first and turn it at the end of the show), flip over onto a platter WITH A LIP (icing will ooze off the platter if there is no lip).

If you demo this recipe, you MUST tell about all the other recipes you can make using this stone....especially the chicken....DELICIOUS! All done in one dish. I'll post a bunch of recipes for the fluted stone.

When you talk about the chicken in the fluted stone, use great adjectives like....juicy, delicious, tasty, simple. Here is what I say:

Not only can you make this simple microwave cake in only 10 minutes, but you can make a mouth watering chicken and veggies in just one dish. First take your chicken and basically impale that baby right on the center of the stone. Next, rub olive oil and your favorite seasonings (I use PC's Rosemary seasoning) all over the chicken. Next, put all your favorite veggies into the bottom of the fluted stone. As the chicken bakes, it will baste itself and the juices and seasonings from the chicken will drizzle down the chicken onto your veggies making them tender and deliciously seasoned.

At this point, people's mouths are watering. I also talk about making the round bread (using the french loaf bread).

Ok...would help if I posted the recipes BEFORE I hit ENTER! Let's try again....

Attachments

• 10 Minute Microwave Cake.doc
    26 KB · Views: 1,228
  • Great Recipes for your Fluted Pan from Pampered Chef.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 989
  • Fluted Pancakes.doc
    20 KB · Views: 873
  • Fluted Recipes.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 884
  • Fluted Cake Recipes.doc
    32 KB · Views: 862
Since I'm on the kick of fluted recipes, here are some mini fluted cake recipes.

Attachments

• mini fluted pan recipes.doc
    32 KB · Views: 887
  • Mini Fluted Stone ideas.doc
    40 KB · Views: 843
Ginger, how long do you cook the chicken?

By the way, thanks for all the great ideas that you've been sharing.

Thanks Ginger. You certainly are a wealth of information! :) I tried the 10 min. boxed cake recipe & plopped the icing on top, but it seemed mushy on top when I flipped it over. :eek: Was it supposed to be that way or did I do something wrong? It seemed to be an "idiot-proof" recipe & actually it tasted good, it just didn't looked like I had imagined. I think the next time I will leave out the frosting and drizzle it on afterwards. Anyone have any input? :confused: I must say, however, it was the easiest cake I've ever made.

Dawn

Thank you so much!!Ginger,

You are a godsend!! These are really great, and I just bought my fluted stone. I can't wait to make these. Yes, would like to know if you cook the chicken the same amount of time as you normally would without the stone.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful help, you have given a wealth of information. As the saying goes, knowledge sought is better than knowledge bought. You couldn't pay for the stuff you've been giving out!!

I really do thank you, and I'm sure all who benefit from this site feel the same way.

Recipie for chicken?Hi Ginger! I, too, thank you so much for all of the terrific advice and great recipies you have offered. I would like to know how long you cook this chicken? Also, can you tell me how long to cook a chicken breast in the microcooker? I've had customers RAVE about how juicy this particular chicken was when they've had it at other shows that they have been to. Thanks

A cake in the microwave sound strange, but I think I am going to have to try it. Thanks for the recipie :)

fluted stoneI took a teleclass last week and the lady leading the class mentioned a recipe with the fluted stone that sounds alot like the chicken recipe mentioned in this thread. She called it a beer in the rear chicken recipe. I crack up when I hear the name of the recipe. :p I guess its a southern thing. Although with the fluted stone you aren't adding the beer. Anyway, she said you shouldn't have to cook it more than an hour and a half. She said it normally doesn't even take that long. I too, bought the fluted stone since its kit enhancement month. I mainly bought it because I was excited about all the fluted stone recipes I have gotten from this site. I can't wait to get the mini fluted stone. Thanks so much!

microwave cakeThanks Ginger, I will try to make this cake and use it at my kick-off party this May.

I am in love with the Fluted Stone and you can bet when I earn my first Plus Bonus it will be the Stoneware Set for SURE!

Help Whip Cancer Angel Food CakeHi I got this recipe from a consultant who did this at a cluster meeting.

You take one box of Angel Food Cake and a 20oz can of crushed pineapple. Mix together and add red food coloring till you get the desired pink color. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
The consultant that did this recipe said that the recipe called for the medium bar pan but it over flowed on her. She recomends using your rectangular baker. The Stoneware fluted pan would be nice too. While you are whiping up this simple dessert you can talk about Help Whip Cancer. It was simple and wonderful! I'm doing this at all my May shows.

Help Whip Cancer CakeI was able to track down this recipe titled "Help Whip Cancer Cake". I have not tried it yet, but it sounds yummy! :) I thought I would pass it along.

1 strawberry cake mix 1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2c. white chocolate chips 3oz. instant cheesecake pudding mix
16oz. sour cream 1/2c. oil
3 eggs

Spray and dust fluted stone. Whisk eggs and pudding mix. Add all other ingredients. Microwave approx. 12minutes. Invert on cooling rack. Leave in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to rack and cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar, cool-whip, and strawberry fans.

PamperedNellie said:
Hi I got this recipe from a consultant who did this at a cluster meeting.

You take one box of Angel Food Cake and a 20oz can of crushed pineapple. Mix together and add red food coloring till you get the desired pink color. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
The consultant that did this recipe said that the recipe called for the medium bar pan but it over flowed on her. She recomends using your rectangular baker. The Stoneware fluted pan would be nice too. While you are whiping up this simple dessert you can talk about Help Whip Cancer. It was simple and wonderful! I'm doing this at all my May shows.

If you make this in the rectangular baker, I would frost this with a white frosting. But first reserve some of the frosting, tint it pink, put it in the Easy accent decorator and pipe out a pink ribbon in the center of the cake!

For Janel - Chicken in the Fluted Cake PanJanel, you can still incorporate the beer into the chicken recipe when cooking it on the Fluted Cake Pan. I have poured the beer into the bottom of the cake pan and put the cavity of the chicken onto the post of the Fluted Cake Pan. You still get the flavour and moisture from the beer, just like doing it on the BBQ on the beer can BUT, with less fuss - you don't have to keep checking the BBQ. One of my past hosts has done a chicken as large as 8 lbs on this pan. Try it - you'll love it!!! :)

I had never heard of the recipe until the teleclass leader mentioned it. So it is alot better with the beer? I'm assuming all the alcohol cooks out of it. I wonder if it would be good with cooking wine? I definately want to try this recipe!

I have never tried this recipe with wine. I have made the chicken with and without the beer. I find the beer does add moisture and flavour to the chicken, even though it is not sitting in the beer. I like cooking the chicken on this pan as the grease drips down into the bottom of the pan and the chicken is not sitting in the grease.

cover it?
PamperedPeggy said:
I have never tried this recipe with wine. I have made the chicken with and without the beer. I find the beer does add moisture and flavour to the chicken, even though it is not sitting in the beer. I like cooking the chicken on this pan as the grease drips down into the bottom of the pan and the chicken is not sitting in the grease.

Do you cover the chicken or just leave it hanging out on the post? :eek:

chicken confirmation...Are we talking about baking or microwaving this poor little chicken?

LOL ... Baking the chicken :) I don't think my microwave is big enough to fit the chicken and the stone. I am going to try this recipe this week for myself so I can speak from experience.

HWC Recipe ChoicesHere is a flier I got from my upline. There are HWC recipes for your host.

Attachments

• Help Whip Cancer Pink Recipes.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,165
Chicken RecipeI do the chicken in the oven and I do NOT cover the chicken. I just have the chicken sitting on the post of the fluted pan. The skin will get nice and crispy looking but the chicken remains very moist. AWESOME RECIPE!

The cakesI do not yet have the fluted pan....can you fix the cakes in any other stone? TIA!!

Dawn - The best way to microwave it is to make sure you have a turn table inside to have it cook evenly. If no turn table, you will need to turn it half way through the time (after the first 5 mins) by hand. I have always done mine for 13 mins. I do this cake at every one of my shows. I call it as it is "The 13 min cake". It goes over so well that I always get at LEAST one sale of the fluted pan at each show.

Ann~ Thanks for the laugh of your last post. That was great "poor little chicken".

It's the mental picture I have of this chicken.... :eek:

You should see my guests face when I act out how you put the chicken on the stone. I say, "You IMPALE that baby right onto the center of the fluted stone." :p

Pink RecipesGinger,
Thanks for the pink recipes...i have been looking for some good ideas to do at shows this month. THe ones you posted showed the grocery list, but do you have the actual recipes? I would love to make some of them.

Katie Roberts :p

It worked!:D I wanted to let you gals know that I fixed a cake in the deep dish baker the other night in the microwave and it WORKED!!! YEAH....It was in there for about 8-9 min. Thought someone might want to know!

chefkatie said:
Ginger,
Thanks for the pink recipes...i have been looking for some good ideas to do at shows this month. THe ones you posted showed the grocery list, but do you have the actual recipes? I would love to make some of them.

Katie Roberts :p

Which pink recipes are you looking for (think I posted several). If you tell me which ones, I will post the recipes.

Follow this thread - it is a great pamphlet!!!

Pampered Chef - Share Learn Earn > Administrative > Flyers & Letters >
HWC in the pink recipes

Fluted Pan chicken and cake!Reading this thread has been quite funny! There is discussion about the Help Whip Cancer Cake and Chicken! How versatile PC products can be!! The "Beer in the Rear Chicken Recipe" sounds very easy. How long and at what temp do you cook it? I would love to try this!! I didn't see it posted before on this thread - I may have missed it which wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes: I made the HWC cake this past weekend for practice and it was wonderful! I highly recommend it!

Thanks,
Erica

PamperedGinger said:
I make the 10 minute microwave cake with the strawberry cake mix and either cream cheese icing or strawberry icing. Very easy, quick, and yummy. Attached is the recipe, but there is not much to it...just mix per box directions, put in fluted stone, plop the icing on top of the raw batter, cook for 10 minutes (12 if microwave isn't powerful), let sit for a few minutes (usually do this first and turn it at the end of the show), flip over onto a platter WITH A LIP (icing will ooze off the platter if there is no lip).

AM wondering if the 10 min cake could be made in the deep dish baker???

HWC pink recipesGinger,
I loved the pink recipes flier that you said you got from your upline (this thread, pg 3, #23). But it only listed the ingriedients, not how to make them. Do you happen to have that information? Thanks - you are terriffic!! :)

10 minute microwave crisis cake!I've been thinking about all these postings & decided, it sounded so easy I'd do it at my next show (today). Since I'd never tried it, I got up this morning & thought I'd make one for my family. The only box mix I had on hand was "Devils Food" and a can of fudge icing. Made according to the directions provided by the wonderfully talented Pampered Ginger. Since I did not have a turning microwave, I cooked 5 minutes...turned fluted pan...cooked 5 minutes. Looked in the microwave to see a major mess of overflowing cake.
I cleaned up the microwave and put the pan back in there for another 3 minutes (I know, I'm glutten for punishment. It's the gambler in me, I guess!). Needless to say, after letting the cake cool, I flipped it to my platter. It was done, but fell apart. I probably didn't let it cool long enough (only about 20 minutes).

Since I've already agreed to make this (strawberry version) cake at today's 2 pm show, I'm nervous. I do not know if she has a turntable microwave and I do not want to make a mess in her microwave.

Gut feeling tells me I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway: If I buy one of those wind-up micro-cooker tables, do you think it would melt or ruin to place a stone on top of it in the microwave? Anyone ever tried it?

UPDATE: MY HOST HAD A TURNTABLE MICROWAVE. WE MADE THE STRAWBERRY CAKE MIX WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING. NERVOUS, I WOULD PEEK IN THE WINDOW OF THE MICRO PERIODICALLY TO MAKE SURE IT DIDN'T BOIL OVER. IT DID NOT. IT TURNED OUT BEAUTIFULLY. ONLY 5 GUESTS AT THE SHOW...SOLD 3 FLUTED STONES...$340 SHOW AND SHE DOESN'T CLOSE UNTIL FRIDAY. BIG HIT! THANK YOU GINGER FOR SUGGESTING!

Last edited:
Pink HWC microwave cakeI've made this several times (the one with the white chocolate chips and cheesecake pudding mix! Last year I brought it already prepared to all kitchen shows in May and plan to do it this year. It's so easy, and you can show the Easy Accent Decorator to pipe some Cool Whip around the base and make strawberry fans with the Egg Slicer. You can also dust the top with powdered sugar from the flour/sugar shaker. It's a nice way to show a few more products and to thank your May hosts for doing a show during HWC. It's a YUMMY cake too!

Becky

Poor Little Chicken and pink CakeI have tried both the chicken in the oven...my advise it to make sure the chicken is COMPLETELY defrosted before baking...it took 1.5 hours! I baked it at work, the only thing left were bones! It was very juicy and tasty. I just poured olive oil and seasoning then baked it!

I also cooked the devils food cake with fudge icing! It was great!

I will be making the pink version at every show this month...

good luck to everyone! :)

I remember there being other cakes for the micro & flutted stone. They were very easy basically just the ingrediants needed per the box, but cooked in micro. Does anyone have the details? Or is it just make as normal but cook in micro? I want to start doing these as a way for cool summer baking.

Thanks,
Michelle

quikcook said:
I remember there being other cakes for the micro & flutted stone. They were very easy basically just the ingrediants needed per the box, but cooked in micro. Does anyone have the details? Or is it just make as normal but cook in micro? I want to start doing these as a way for cool summer baking.

Thanks,
Michelle

There are several different recipes for the cakes, etc. listed in the files section of this website.

The one I use most is: Combine any flavor cake mix, 2 cups sour cream and 3 eggs. Pour into fluted pan. Microwave on high 13 minutes. Remove from pan after 5 minutes. Cool completely. Microwave 2-3 Tbsp. prepared frosting for 13 seconds and drizzle over cooled cake. You can also garnish with confectioners sugar, nuts, chocolate, fruit...

Fluted Pan RecipesThanks so much for the recipes! I just received both of those stones and cannot wait to try them out!

Sherry M. / MN

Thank you, Beth.

Michelle

PamperedGinger said:
Here is a flier I got from my upline. There are HWC recipes for your host.
Ginger - this has the shopping lists but not the recipe instructions - do you have the actual recipes, too?
Thanks in advance!!

Ginger, Thank you!!Ginger,
Thank you for being so willing to share with us! I am so blessed! I am a new consultant and was wondering how to promote stoneware better as well as help whip cancer shows! You are awesome! :)

Heide Maschhoff
Independent Kitchen Consultant
www.pamperedchef.biz/heidespartyonwheels

dannyzmom said:
Ginger - this has the shopping lists but not the recipe instructions - do you have the actual recipes, too?
Thanks in advance!!

Here is what I have.

*The Berries & Cream are in the It's Good For You Cookbook.
*I posted the Baked Alaska with Strawberry Splash filling.
*The Fantastic Fast Fudge is in the Kids Cookbook.
*Melt Chips and mix in can of icing (strawberry). Roll between 2 pieces of
parchment paper. Place in freezer. Cut with Creative Cutters. Sprinkle
powdered sugar on top.
*Strawberry Lemonade Quencher
Ingredients:
10 cups cold water
1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix, thawed
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (4 to 5 large lemons)

3/4 cup sugar
Whole strawberries (optional)
Directions:
1. Place all ingredients except strawberries in Family-Size Quick-Stir® Pitcher.
2. Plunge until contents are thoroughly mixed.
3. Garnish each glass with a strawberry, if desired. Serve chilled.
Yield: 12 (1-cup) servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 5 mg, Fiber 0 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003
*No idea on the other recipes. I'll email my group and post anything they send.

Attachments

• Baked Alaska Cake Strawberry Slapsh Filling.doc
    24 KB · Views: 433
  • Chocolate Strawberry Skillet Cake.doc
    21 KB · Views: 463
Files for cakesIf you go to the files section you can locate a document that will give you several recipies for cakes and the fluted pan :)

Poor little chickenI made that "poor little chicken hanging out there on the stoneware fluted pan" recipe tonight for supper. I used water instead of beer (none in the house) and it was GREAT!! Very moist! Everyone loved it. I cooked it in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours. I can't wait to share that at my next show and especially at shows that I do the micro cake at.

Has anyone made it in the microwave? Does it crisp?

dawn424383 said:
I was able to track down this recipe titled "Help Whip Cancer Cake". I have not tried it yet, but it sounds yummy! :) I thought I would pass it along.

1 strawberry cake mix 1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2c. white chocolate chips 3oz. instant cheesecake pudding mix
16oz. sour cream 1/2c. oil
3 eggs

Spray and dust fluted stone. Whisk eggs and pudding mix. Add all other ingredients. Microwave approx. 12minutes. Invert on cooling rack. Leave in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to rack and cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar, cool-whip, and strawberry fans.

I just got back from teh grocery store and found 1oz boxes of instant cheesecake pudding mix...so, do I need 3 of these boxes for teh recipe?

Yep....I can't find the large boxes for this either so I just used more boxes.

Strawberry Microwave Cheesecake for May HWCThis is the microwave cake that I have done at all my May shows so far. Everyone absolutely loves it !

Heather

Attachments

• Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 599

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views