• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan Catalog Mystery: Unleashing the Wisdom of Cheffers

ahahaha...seriously though, it's a great recipe.I'm going to go make some now....(Wash your hands and face first)Ahhh...the Lemon Tarts.....THAT'S what this thread was about :)Somewhere behind CC there is a listing of what recipes are featured in the catalog.Well I think I would like 10 of these tarts to munch on while I post to my little hearts content and graduate stripper acadamy.
raebates
Staff member
Okay, all you smart Cheffers, I had a guest ask me what is pictured on page 39 of the catalog in the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. That's not one of the listed recipes (at least, not that I could find). It doesn't look like anything I make. Any ideas?

TIA!

Sorry I can't be much help, but it looks like little pudding tarts or lemon pudding tarts. I just felt like adding my 2 cents.

you know, I was just wondering that one myself.... didn't come up with an answer though. Sorry

pamperedalf said:
Sorry I can't be much help, but it looks like little pudding tarts or lemon pudding tarts. I just felt like adding my 2 cents.

I vote for Lemon Pudding Tarts. Wish I had a big glass of milk and few of those :) They look yummy!

Looks to me like the Lemon Tartlets in the Delightful Desserts Cookbook (page 100).

That's okay. I'm sure someone on here will have an answer soon.And, Amanda, I know you're just trying to up your number of posts so you can add a little color to your star. Aren't ya?

Or a mini cheese cake. That could be a cream cheese mixture in those shells...

Shh! Rae don't give my secret away!!!

See? Beth to the rescue! You're right. That looks an awful lot like the picture in the catalog. Thanks!

pamperedalf said:
Shh! Rae don't give my secret away!!!

Um, sure, it's obviously a well-kept secret.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I vote for Lemon Pudding Tarts. Wish I had a big glass of milk and few of those :) They look yummy!
Lemon Pudding Tarts. Where is that recipe?

Yeah, the Lemon Pudding Tarts sound great!!!

Okay, I THINK I need one more for the pink star...we'll see...

WOOHOO.....Back to PINK!!!

Congrats, Kate. Feels good, don't it?

Woo Hoo! Kate has joined the pink club (again)!!

I'm so sad. I didn't get a woo hoo from Beth when I got my pink star. It was just this afternoon. Oh, well, I guess she just likes Kate better. [Slowly she turns and walks away dejectedly.]

WOO HOO!! Rae has joined the pink club!!

So sorry I missed that! :eek: - Note to self - be careful who you praise around here!:rolleyes:

Sorry Rae, I didn't realize... you know I'd never slight you on purpose - it must have been those termites!

BethCooks4U said:
Woo Hoo! Kate has joined the pink club (again)!!

What does everyone mean "again"? Can you lose it? I'm so far away I'm not even thinking about it :D

GeorgiaPeach said:
What does everyone mean "again"? Can you lose it? I'm so far away I'm not even thinking about it :D
A while back they changed the number of posts you needed to get to different color stars.

GeorgiaPeach said:

When the number requirements for a star changes if you don't meet the new requirements you loose the "upgrade". LOL we are so funny about these stars.

Well I am super close to no longer being a stripper. I want to graduate stripper acadamy sometime this century.

pamperedalf said:
Well I am super close to no longer being a stripper. I want to graduate stripper acadamy sometime this century.
Well then post away!

O.k., so I'm still new and have obviously missed something (not really a big surprise)... what exactly do the stars mean???

If anyone still wants the recipe for the lemon tarts I am attempting to attach the recipe I have been using. I also tried a new twist with half a strawberry slice and grated chocolate on top.

Attachments

• Lemon Tart.doc
    20 KB · Views: 331
O.k., so I'm still new and have obviously missed something (not really a big surprise)... what exactly do the stars mean???

They just mean that you post a lot. (Hopefully helpful posts to share vital information with fellow cheffers. ;) )

I swear each time I get a new star, Greg changes the requirements!!! SHHHHHHHHH.....don't tell him I have my pink star back!!!!!!!!!!!

cmdtrgd said:
I swear each time I get a new star, Greg changes the requirements!!! SHHHHHHHHH.....don't tell him I have my pink star back!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he changed them every time I was 10-15 posts away from getting a new star.

No paranoia or ego problems here. :D

KHolmes said:
If anyone still wants the recipe for the lemon tarts I am attempting to attach the recipe I have been using. I also tried a new twist with half a strawberry slice and grated chocolate on top.

Ahhh...the Lemon Tarts.....THAT'S what this thread was about :)

Somewhere behind CC there is a listing of what recipes are featured in the catalog.

Well I think I would like 10 of these tarts to munch on while I post to my little hearts content and graduate stripper acadamy.

Oh wait the butt & the waiste don't like these, neither does any of my clothes. Maybe I chould redo pole dancing 101 A, and then I could eat as many of those as I want!LOL

I sent an email to the Test Kitchen and asked them what the recipe is, so hopefully we'll all know soon!! I agree, they do look yummy!

Paula

Funny, I too was curious as to what recipe it was and couldn't find it on CC!
:( Please let us know when you find out!

pamperedalf said:
Oh wait the butt & the waiste don't like these, neither does any of my clothes. Maybe I chould redo pole dancing 101 A, and then I could eat as many of those as I want!LOL

Maybe there could be an extra-curricular session at conference... like the chef aerobics or something. Then we can work off all that yummy deep dish pizza and have something to do after we try each new recipe that HO puts out :D

DebbieJ said:
Somewhere behind CC there is a listing of what recipes are featured in the catalog.

Yeah, but if this one is listed, I can't find it.

BethCooks4U said:
WOO HOO!! Rae has joined the pink club!!

Thanks, Beth. I feel much better now.

Honestly, I can't imagine you intentionally slighting anyone.

raebates said:
Yeah, but if this one is listed, I can't find it.
I printed off the doc with the featured recipes and it is not there. Evidently it isn't "featured".

BethCooks4U said:
They just mean that you post a lot. (Hopefully helpful posts to share vital information with fellow cheffers. ;) )

Oh, is that what we're supposed to be posting? Hmm, I've obviously been doing this wrong.

OK, everyone, here's the email I got today from the Home Office Test Kitchen:

Hello, Paula!

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchen hotline! The
recipe that appears on p. 39 of our catalog is not a Pampered Chef
recipe. The food stylist created her own tartlet dough.

Here is a suitable substitute from our discontinued Celebrate! cookbook.
I've also included a basic tart dough recipe. If you have any questions,
please feel free to let me know.

Thank you, and have a great day!
Joanne

Basic Tart Dough

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour

In Classic 2-Qt. Batter Bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix until a soft dough forms. Cover; chill at least 1 hour or overnight.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place each ball of dough in cups of ungreased Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. Dip Mini-Tart Shaper in flour; press into dough to form tart shell. Pierce tart shells with a fork; bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Carefully remove from Mini-Muffin Pan to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool completely. Fill as desired.

Yield: 24 tart shells

Teatime Tartlets
Create the perfect dessert trio with these tiny tartlets complete with three luscious filling variations.

Prep time: 25 minutes Bake time: 16-18 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour

Pastry Shells
1/2 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (1 crust)

Lemon Filling
1 lemon
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
3-4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)

Garnish
1 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
Fresh blueberries, raspberries, or sliced strawberries

1. For pastry shells, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Allow pie crust to come to room temperature 15 minutes.
2. Roll crust into a 12-inch circle using lightly floured Baker's Roller. Using Scalloped Bread Tube, cut out 12 pastry pieces; press one into each cup of Stoneware Muffin Pan. Prick bottom of pastry with pastry tool. Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove pastry shells from muffin pan to Cooling Rack; cool.
3. For filling, zest lemon with Lemon Zester/Scorer using short strokes to measure 1 teaspoon zest; juice lemon with Juicer to measure 3 tablespoons juice.
4. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in Petite (1 1/2-quart) saucepan. Using Nylon Spiral Whisk, stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, zest and food coloring, if desired. Gradually stir in lemon juice.
5. Using Small Scoop, fill each pastry shell with generous scoop of lemon filling; spread evenly, if necessary.
6. For garnish, attach open star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Garnish pastry shells with whipped topping and fresh blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries.
Yield: 12 tartlets

Nutrients per serving (1 tartlet): Calories 130, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated
Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein less than 1 g,
Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 0 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving (1 tartlet): 1 starch, 1 fat (1 carb)

Variations:
Cheesecake Tartlets: Prepare pastry shells as recipe directs. In Small Batter Bowl, combine 1/2 cup soft cream cheese spread and 1 tablespoon softened butter or margarine; blend well. Stir in

tablespoon powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk in 1/2 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping until well blended. Fill pastry shells and garnish as directed above.

Chocolate Tartlets:
Prepare pastry shells as recipe directs. Place 1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels in Small Micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; stir until blended and smooth. Fill pastry shells and garnish as directed above.

Cook's Tips: When using the scalloped bread tube to cut the pastry, start on the outside edge of the crust. Cut 9 pastry pieces as close to each other and to the edge as possible; then cut 3 pastry pieces from the center. If necessary, roll crust out just enough to accomodate 3 center pieces.

The pastry shells can be made up to 1 day in advance. Store the cooled baked shells in a resealable plastic food storage bag or airtight container at room temperature.

Filled tarts can be made and garnished up to 8 hours in advance. Store covered in the refrigerator.

The curved end of the Citrus Peeler is handy for gently removing the baked pastry shells from the muffin pan.

OK, that was the end of it. I hope you all enjoy it...that's what the Test Kitchen sent me!!

Have a wonderful day!

Paula

Thanks Paula. I've created a word document and pdf for those that want it in that format.

Attachments

• MiniMuffinPanTartlets.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 352
  • MiniMuffinPanTartlets.pdf
    10.7 KB · Views: 307
OK, just realize that, the actual tartlet recipes posted were done in the STONEWARE MUFFIN PAN, not the Mini-Muffin Pan!! According to the email, the person in the kitchen used these recipes as a sort of "guide" to create her own thing. That being said, I would suspect that a full batch of filling for this would make a whole bunch of mini tarts!! <grin>

Wouldn't it figure that I had someone email me with this exact question aoub the pictures in the catalog today... sure glad I read this thread!

CS to the rescue again!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whitneythompson
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
whitneythompson
Replies
Views
Sallie_M
Replies
Views