1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths HELP! What do you do at a business expo?

1. debswork

debswork Member

Ok, I been asked to do a expo Friday and Saturday cost is $225.00.
    I am going to join in with 2 other consultants but we are all new at booths.
    Besides what was said under this thread. I need details.
    Do I purchase items to sell? Try to get bookings of course but how do I promote it? Details please.:confused:

Mar 18, 2009
  2. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

Debbie I personally would set it up like any other booth that I have. Is the expo for people looking for jobs or is it like a variety of business booth's that you would see at a fair?

Mar 18, 2009
  3. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

I set up at a job fair last this weekend. We took all the items that are in the new consultant kit and set it up just like the picture in the back of the catalog. We gave out a lot of the flyers that the company has about recruiting.
    I'm starting to make calls in about 30 minutes. (after I fix supper)
    A lot of people said they wanted to sell Pampered Chef, but actually shelling out $155 and signing is another thing! I guess I'll find out!

Mar 18, 2009
  4. caraighan

I also printed this flyer and passed a bunch of those out too.

Attached Files:

Mar 18, 2009
  5. AWESOME FLYER!! Thanks for sharing!

Mar 18, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Okay - love the flyer, but it won't let me correct the spelling error.

Do you think you could change Benefist to Benefits, and then repost it?

I just love to make you extra work, don't I?:eek:

Mar 18, 2009
  7. I think I was able to get it - first time posting an attachment so I hope it works :)

Attached Files:

Mar 18, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

Perfect! Thanks.:)

Mar 18, 2009
  9. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

I love this flyer - thanks for posting! I'm doing a mini booth this weekend at and H&R Block event. I plan to use the "Now Hiring" board I found here and the flyer you posted! Now's the time to do booths when people are looking for jobs - IMO.

10. caraighan

all this time and I never noticed the typo!!! LOL

Mar 18, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

My question is Why can't I work with documents you post?:confused:

I do it with other ones all the time - and yours shouldn't be any different. It's just strange!

Mar 18, 2009
  12. debswork

debswork Member

Thanks so much for the flyer and suggestions I love you guys you always come thru for me. thanks again.

Mar 21, 2009
  13. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Debbie, wasn't the expo this weekend? How did it go?

Caraighan, how did your leads work out? Any potentials?

14. debswork

debswork Member

no, the expo is mid may. I turned it down and decided to do a smaller one april 18th 1/2 day $40.00 fee and its for boys scouts fair/fundraiser. I will let you all know how it turns out. Now I am looking at booth information for help on this one.

Mar 22, 2009
  15. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

I have done two business expos and have run it as any regular fair I do. However, I have been fortunate that the business expos I have done were in my own town and free to local businesses. The town paid for everything from advertising to canopies. They even had some old time NE Patriots and Red Sox players come for autographs and talks. As well as the NFL Pass, Punt and Kick competion. (Last years theme was Team Spirit) They have live music and an "Idol" contest. Oh and an antique car show. They have a great turnout and so much fun. But best part is it was free. We have not heard this year but my guess is because of the cutbacks it won't be free this year LOL

Mar 22, 2009
  16. caraighan

I had a lot of leads... I haven't had any sign up yet. I got a catalog show out of it so far. I had three that seemed real serious about it. So far they haven't actually put up the money for the kit. I think that's what's holding them back.
    I had one in particular that I gave all the information to. She called me back and asked a lot of questions. The last thing she said was that she was going to talk to her husband and now I can't get a hold of her!!! I think her husband must have talked her out of it!!! :cry:

Mar 22, 2009
  17. caraighan

Mine are in Microsoft Word 97. That's the version I have. What program do you use?

Mar 22, 2009
Have something to add?