• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Decide If You Hate It or Love It? Here's What To Do!

In summary, Kristin does not like the new program PP3. She does not like that it is easier to navigate than the old program PP, but she is still learning how to use it. She is concerned that after 6 months she will no longer have access to the detailed show information.
pamperedchefdudeky said:
I don't know if it is just my computer or what. Is anyone else having issues with ppp taking a long time to initially load?
I have cleaned my disks, defraged and made sure that all of my updates are current. Anyone have any suggestions.
It takes a while on mine, too. Amanda (pamperedalf) posted in another thread that Brandon in tech support mentioned that it runs really well on new machines, but can take a while to start up on older models.

You should also make sure you have a LOT of RAM installed (.5GB or more).

I think they should have posted a recommended minimum system so we could avoid the slow processing.

pamperedchefdudeky said:
I don't know if it is just my computer or what. Is anyone else having issues with ppp taking a long time to initially load?
I have cleaned my disks, defraged and made sure that all of my updates are current. Anyone have any suggestions.

I had a hard time getting it on my computer. My husband says I wasn't holding my mouth right because he didn't have a problem at all. Out of the 10times I have opened it, maybe once was it slow to open.

Last night I sat down and decided it was time to give it a try. I got an error message stating my system was not compatible. I called HO and Tech Support said I need Windows 2000 or above. I still have Windows 95 (works just fine). I know ... get with 2007 and upgrade but I am of the generation that "if it ain't broke ... don't try to fix it". HO said that I probably have about 2 years before P3 is totally implemented. Does anyone know if it is difficult to upgrade an old system (I am not a computer geek) ... expensive? diff

Unfortunately, now that Vista's out, you may have to look to find a copy of XP to load on your machine. And you'll need to make sure that you've got enough RAM, fast enough processor, etc. There are a lot of little things to check when upgrading your operating system.

If it's going to be a while before P3 is required, I'd stick with PP and get a new computer in a few months, once some of the bugs have been worked out of Vista. Then it'll come with more memory, etc. and you'll be set for another several years.

chefann said:
Unfortunately, now that Vista's out, you may have to look to find a copy of XP to load on your machine. And you'll need to make sure that you've got enough RAM, fast enough processor, etc. There are a lot of little things to check when upgrading your operating system.

If it's going to be a while before P3 is required, I'd stick with PP and get a new computer in a few months, once some of the bugs have been worked out of Vista. Then it'll come with more memory, etc. and you'll be set for another several years.

I second Anne's suggestion. If your computer is only running Windows 95, it is probably lacking in a lot of other areas as well. When you need to upgrade to a new Operating System, your best bet will be to buy an entirely new system. I am not advising anyone to run out and buy a new computer right now, because of all of the Vista bugs....and it is very hard to find a system that still comes with XP.

And waiting gives you a few months to do a few "pay for my computer" shows. :)

Sysems With Xp
jenniferknapp said:
I second Anne's suggestion. If your computer is only running Windows 95, it is probably lacking in a lot of other areas as well. When you need to upgrade to a new Operating System, your best bet will be to buy an entirely new system. I am not advising anyone to run out and buy a new computer right now, because of all of the Vista bugs....and it is very hard to find a system that still comes with XP.

Very good and what not systems still at TigerDirect.com with XP; I don't usually purchase warranty pkgs, but these machines are either overstocks or refurbished and in this case I did purchase the warranty and very glad I did. I thought I bought an overstocked/or recertified computer as I've had nothing but bad luck with refurbs in the past, not computers but other products, luckily for me I get a cash card to buy whatever I want at TD. I'm looking to buy a comparable desktop to my former XP Media Center (has built in like TIVO without the extra svc charges, I run cable thru my computer and download my shows!!!) Anyways, I'm looking to get the same machine with the Vista one, then my laptop is XP which I really like and new computer will have Vista :) Just thought I"d share.

btw: When I upgraded, probably just a coincidence my desktop ran extremely slow and when I bought add'l memory 1 GB to go with my 512 MB my system died :( Luckily I still have my laptop which I don't care for, too big of a screen etc but I"m working :)

My computer that died was a Gateway XP Media system the best I"ve ever owned and the least expensive too. $ 434.99 with tax/s-h. :)

Liz

any ideas??I don't have time to look up, yes being lazy too and forgot tonite was Grey's Anat. going to go watch soon.

Anyways, I'm entering in show under P3 and want to enter either Consultant Gift or on acct and can't find it ?? any ideas??

TIA;

Liz

Just Figured It Out :)I just figured out how to get consultant gift and acct to come up. DIdn't play around enough I'm trying to finish up so I can go watch GA :)

Pp#I don't like it, either. I try to play around with it but it keeps locking up my computer. It works very slow, tech support was no help they say it is my contection to internet, that is crazy I have the highest speed in my area

Glad you got it Liz. I entered another show today and will be submitting it tomorrow after I get the last payment. The more you use it the more comfortable it is and faster to do the steps. I had to add payments and all and found it very easy to do.

<h2>1. Can you give me some tips on how to make the product grow on me?</h2><p>One tip we suggest is to try using the product in different ways or for different purposes. Sometimes, a product may not work well for its intended use, but can be great for something else. You can also try incorporating it into your routine or using it more frequently to see if that changes your opinion.</p><h2>2. I hate everything about this product right now. Should I just give up on it?</h2><p>We understand that not all products may work for everyone. However, we suggest giving it a fair chance and continuing to use it for a few more weeks. It may take some time to get used to it and find the best way to use it. If after that time you still don't like it, you can reach out to our customer service for assistance.</p><h2>3. What if I still can't decide if I hate it or love it after trying different ways to use it?</h2><p>If you're still on the fence about the product, we recommend seeking out reviews from others who have used it. They may have tips or insights that could help you make a decision. You can also reach out to our customer service for further assistance.</p><h2>4. Will playing around with the product help me like it more?</h2><p>While it's not guaranteed, playing around with the product and trying different ways to use it may help you find a way to make it work for you. It's worth giving it a try before giving up on it completely.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I still can't find a way to like the product?</h2><p>If after trying different methods and seeking advice, you still can't find a way to like the product, we suggest reaching out to our customer service for further assistance. They may be able to offer a solution or provide a refund if the product is within our return policy.</p>

1. Can you give me some tips on how to make the product grow on me?

One tip we suggest is to try using the product in different ways or for different purposes. Sometimes, a product may not work well for its intended use, but can be great for something else. You can also try incorporating it into your routine or using it more frequently to see if that changes your opinion.

2. I hate everything about this product right now. Should I just give up on it?

We understand that not all products may work for everyone. However, we suggest giving it a fair chance and continuing to use it for a few more weeks. It may take some time to get used to it and find the best way to use it. If after that time you still don't like it, you can reach out to our customer service for assistance.

3. What if I still can't decide if I hate it or love it after trying different ways to use it?

If you're still on the fence about the product, we recommend seeking out reviews from others who have used it. They may have tips or insights that could help you make a decision. You can also reach out to our customer service for further assistance.

4. Will playing around with the product help me like it more?

While it's not guaranteed, playing around with the product and trying different ways to use it may help you find a way to make it work for you. It's worth giving it a try before giving up on it completely.

5. What should I do if I still can't find a way to like the product?

If after trying different methods and seeking advice, you still can't find a way to like the product, we suggest reaching out to our customer service for further assistance. They may be able to offer a solution or provide a refund if the product is within our return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Carissidy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • janetupnorth