• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help W/ Caprese Sandwich French Bread

In summary, to cut the French bread for a Caprese sandwich, slice it horizontally with a serrated knife and then cut it into sandwich-sized pieces. Fresh mozzarella is traditionally used, but shredded or sliced mozzarella can also be used. The sandwich can be made ahead of time, but it's best to assemble it right before serving to prevent the bread from getting soggy. French bread or baguette is the traditional choice for the sandwich, but other sturdy breads like ciabatta or focaccia can also work. Additional ingredients like avocado, prosciutto, or balsamic glaze can be added, but be mindful of not overloading the sandwich and keeping the flavors balanced.
TinasKitchen
Do I double the recipe (mozzarella, etc) when doing it as the ring? I need to email the hostess and dont want to tell her too much! I plan on making it myself beforehand to be sure.

Thank you!

I don't double the recipe. I use what it calls for for the mini-sandwiches and just put it on the sandwich ring instead. We just had it for dinner and I put some salami on it to make it a little heartier. MMM!

I agree with Kim. I make this with French bread, too, and don't double anything. People are lovin' this recipe!

Diane

Is the caprese recipe with French bread on CC?

Thank you so much.. now I know for sure. I think I screwed up in sending it to someone prior to this and doubling the recipe.. so I'll call her and just say what the recipe calls for.

Yes Nancy if you go to recipes in CC its under the Seasons Best. Its also in your Seasons Best that came w/ your kit :)

Ok another question just came up. The host thinks she wants to make 3 french bread loaves instead of 2. She's afraid she wont have enough. (told her it feeds 12) Would you say the ring feeds 12 or less? more?

If she is doing 3, I may just make them individual loaves instead of a ring. What do you suggest?

1. How do I cut the French bread for the Caprese sandwich?

To cut the French bread for the Caprese sandwich, start by slicing it horizontally with a serrated knife. Then, cut the bread into individual sandwich-sized pieces.

2. Do I have to use fresh mozzarella for the Caprese sandwich?

While fresh mozzarella is traditionally used in a Caprese sandwich, you can also use shredded or sliced mozzarella cheese if that is what you have on hand. The important thing is to use a good quality cheese that will melt well.

3. Can I make the Caprese sandwich ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Caprese sandwich ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble the sandwich right before serving to prevent the bread from getting soggy. You can also prepare the ingredients and store them separately in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the sandwich.

4. What type of bread is best for a Caprese sandwich?

French bread or baguette is the traditional choice for a Caprese sandwich. However, you can also use other types of bread such as ciabatta or focaccia. Just make sure the bread is sturdy enough to hold the filling without getting too soggy.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the Caprese sandwich?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the Caprese sandwich to make it your own. Some popular additions include avocado, prosciutto, or balsamic glaze. Just make sure to not overload the sandwich and keep the flavors balanced.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cookinmelissa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • dawnsclassycupboard