• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Stock His New Kitchen: Host's Wishlist

In summary, the host is hoping that friends and family will help him stock the new kitchen. Guests are not expected to buy the host anything, but if they do, they can get more products for free.
shanpaul
If a host puts together a wishlist on the website, will the guests who visit be able to see it? He's moving out into a new place on his own and isn't getting custody of most of the kitchen things, so he's hoping that friends & family will help him stock the new kitchen.

No, only if you register him as a bridal registry.

Are guests being invited with the intent of them buying him gifts? Or is it a regular party and he's hoping to get some people who are closest to him to help him out and buy him things? Some might not be comfortable with being asked to buy him things, but would love to go to the party like a typical guest would--with the intention of buying something for themselves.Host coach him well and be sure he invites everyone he knows. If he's a motivated host, he'll have a good attendance and gather outside orders. Through the generous host rewards, he can get a lot of free things!

babywings76 said:
Host coach him well and be sure he invites everyone he knows. If he's a motivated host, he'll have a good attendance and gather outside orders. Through the generous host rewards, he can get a lot of free things!

That's what I'm telling him...but he really wanted to plant the seed of an idea, hoping that they might tack something from his wish list onto their order.

Thanks for the info.

LOL, I hope he has a really close relationship with the guests. Otherwise, he might come off as being offensive by asking for gifts. But if he's doing it as a House Warming/Pampered Chef Party he might be able to get away with letting them know that gifts are not expected, but if they insist on buying something that he has a HUGE PC wish list and the more that they buy (for themselves) the more that he can earn for free & at a discount from his wish list! :D If that's what he loves, that's the best present he could hope for! If someone volunteers to purchase extra for him, that would be cool too. But I'm not sure that it's appropriate for him to market that he wants them to buy him gifts unless it's all family or very close friends who would be giving him a Housewarming gift under any other circumstance. ;)

If he were me, I'd let people know that I was having a party because I wanted the host benefits to refill the empty kitchen cabinets and drawers my ex was leaving me with. It lets people know that he has an empty kitchen, needs new items, but doesn't come across as him putting a gun to someone's head to ask for something.

magentablue said:
If he were me, I'd let people know that I was having a party because I wanted the host benefits to refill the empty kitchen cabinets and drawers my ex was leaving me with. It lets people know that he has an empty kitchen, needs new items, but doesn't come across as him putting a gun to someone's head to ask for something.

I agree! It's always better for someone ELSE to host a housewarming party. I have had people do that and have handled it much like a wedding shower and it has worked out well.

I have the person the party's for give me a wish list and I post it on my website and the host and I do an invitation that includes directions on how to shop - usually, just like a wedding shower, the host lets the giftee get the free products too so I include that - "Buy for yourself too and he/she'll get more for their kitchens for free".

1. How do I create a Host's Wishlist on the Pampered Chef website?

To create a Host's Wishlist, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "My Account" tab. From there, select "Host's Wishlist" and follow the prompts to add items from our catalog to your list. You can then easily share your list with friends and family.

2. Can I add items from other brands to my Host's Wishlist?

No, the Host's Wishlist feature is designed specifically for Pampered Chef products. However, we have a wide selection of high-quality kitchen items to choose from, so you're sure to find everything you need on our website.

3. Can I edit my Host's Wishlist after I've shared it?

Yes, you can edit your Host's Wishlist at any time. Simply log in to your account and make any necessary changes. Your friends and family will see the updated version of your list.

4. How will my friends and family know about my Host's Wishlist?

When you create a Host's Wishlist, you will receive a unique link that you can share with your friends and family. You can also choose to email your list directly to them. Additionally, your Host's Wishlist will be visible on your Pampered Chef profile, making it easy for others to find and shop from.

5. Are there any discounts or promotions for items on the Host's Wishlist?

Yes, as a Host, you can earn discounts and free products based on the sales from your Host's Wishlist. You can also take advantage of any current promotions or special offers on our website. Be sure to check back regularly for new deals!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Jenn822
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mmilus