1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings HELP--Stained Tablecloth

1. cactus_flower

cactus_flower Member

At yesterday's show, I got chocolate on my host's tablecloth. I would like to compensate, even though she said it is not necessary. I suggested getting her another tablecloth. I also thought about offering her a cookbook (29 Min...vol.2). What do you do when this happens?
    Dianne

2. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

If she said it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't push it (after all, one must expect a table cloth is going to get dirty). However, surprising her with a gift of a cookbook (you can add it to her order, and select "Consultant Gift" for the payment method), would be a very nice gesture.

3. stefani2

stefani2 Veteran Member

I agree with Sarah - it is a nice gesture. Just add it to her Host order (unless you already have one). If you feel bad for it, then giving her a small gift might make you feel better. :)

May 4, 2009
  4. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

You can get chocolate out of a tablecloth. If you feel like adding something to her order, make it simple and inexpensive like a Season's Best.

May 4, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

That's what I was thinking. I use Shout to get out chocolate all the time. Unless it was some special fancy tablecloth that isn't machine washable...in that case I don't know why someone would have that out for a cooking demo...

Now if I had burned it or cut it somehow, I would offer to replace it or get a gift for them (cookbook or whatever).

May 4, 2009
  6. Cr8vKitchen

Cr8vKitchen Member

I have a question about "consultant gift" as the payment method. What exactly does this mean? I've seen it on here a couple of times but I'm clueless.
    Thanks!

May 5, 2009
  7. Robynchefcanada

Robynchefcanada Member

I usually bring my own table cloth in fear of ruining someone else's. We do have insurance that will pay if you get something on their carpet, not sure if it would cover a table cloth..

8. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

For example, if you offer a 10% off sale, you would charge the person their portion and the 10% would go under "consultant gift" in the payment area and then you can write it off. You would pay that 10% on your debit or credit card when you close the show.

May 5, 2009
  9. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

When you choose "Consultant Gift" for a payment option, it will ask you if you want to add the amount to your expenses. That makes it even easier to keep track of one of your business expenses.

May 5, 2009
  10. cactus_flower

cactus_flower Member

Thanks for all your input. As it turned out, I left something at her home and had to return yesterday, so I took along a nice tablecloth I had (inexpensive, yet similar to hers) and our 29 min vol. 2 and let her choose. She picked the cookbook. I was thinking of giving her something anyway, for letting her daughter host the show at her home. Anyways, I learned that Shout removes chocolate! So, something good came out of it after all.

11. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Glad to hear it you were able to resolve it to her satisfaction.

Have something to add?