• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do you do when you stain someone's tablecloth at a party?

I would also recommend bringing a small, inexpensive gift like a season's best when you host a show at someone's home.
cactus_flower
At yesterday's show, I got chocolate on my host's tablecloth. I would like to compensate, even though she said it is not necessary. I suggested getting her another tablecloth. I also thought about offering her a cookbook (29 Min...vol.2). What do you do when this happens?
Dianne

If she said it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't push it (after all, one must expect a table cloth is going to get dirty). However, surprising her with a gift of a cookbook (you can add it to her order, and select "Consultant Gift" for the payment method), would be a very nice gesture.

I agree with Sarah - it is a nice gesture. Just add it to her Host order (unless you already have one). If you feel bad for it, then giving her a small gift might make you feel better. :)

You can get chocolate out of a tablecloth. If you feel like adding something to her order, make it simple and inexpensive like a Season's Best.

cmdtrgd said:
You can get chocolate out of a tablecloth. If you feel like adding something to her order, make it simple and inexpensive like a Season's Best.

That's what I was thinking. I use Shout to get out chocolate all the time. Unless it was some special fancy tablecloth that isn't machine washable...in that case I don't know why someone would have that out for a cooking demo...

Now if I had burned it or cut it somehow, I would offer to replace it or get a gift for them (cookbook or whatever).

I have a question about "consultant gift" as the payment method. What exactly does this mean? I've seen it on here a couple of times but I'm clueless.
Thanks!

I usually bring my own table cloth in fear of ruining someone else's. We do have insurance that will pay if you get something on their carpet, not sure if it would cover a table cloth..

Cr8vKitchen said:
I have a question about "consultant gift" as the payment method. What exactly does this mean? I've seen it on here a couple of times but I'm clueless.
Thanks!

For example, if you offer a 10% off sale, you would charge the person their portion and the 10% would go under "consultant gift" in the payment area and then you can write it off. You would pay that 10% on your debit or credit card when you close the show.

When you choose "Consultant Gift" for a payment option, it will ask you if you want to add the amount to your expenses. That makes it even easier to keep track of one of your business expenses.

Thanks for all your input. As it turned out, I left something at her home and had to return yesterday, so I took along a nice tablecloth I had (inexpensive, yet similar to hers) and our 29 min vol. 2 and let her choose. She picked the cookbook. I was thinking of giving her something anyway, for letting her daughter host the show at her home. Anyways, I learned that Shout removes chocolate! So, something good came out of it after all.

Glad to hear it you were able to resolve it to her satisfaction.

1. How do I remove red wine stains from my tablecloth?

To remove red wine stains from your tablecloth, mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and liquid dish soap and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then rub the fabric together and rinse with cold water. Repeat the process until the stain is gone.

2. What is the best way to remove grease stains from my tablecloth?

To remove grease stains from your tablecloth, sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch over the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, use a damp cloth to gently dab the stain, working from the outside in. Rinse with cold water and repeat the process if necessary.

3. Can I use bleach to remove stains from my tablecloth?

No, bleach can damage the fabric and cause discoloration. It is not recommended to use bleach on your tablecloth. Instead, opt for natural stain removers or specific stain-fighting products.

4. What is the best way to prevent stains on my tablecloth?

To prevent stains on your tablecloth, use a tablecloth protector or spray a fabric protector before using it. You can also treat the fabric with a mixture of white vinegar and water to make it more resistant to stains.

5. How do I remove stubborn stains from my tablecloth?

If the stain is stubborn and won't come out with regular stain-removing methods, try applying a mixture of equal parts ammonia and water to the stain and letting it sit for 15-20 minutes. Then, wash the tablecloth as usual. If the stain persists, take it to a professional cleaner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gina M
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • Becca_in_MD