• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with No Show Holds: Tips for Getting Booked and Staying Motivated

In summary, my month of August was very full but I only had two shows hold. I mailed host packets but never heard back from them. I don't think people realize this is income for our families. Does anyone else have\had this happen? How do you get past it and back on the horse?I really need to get outside my small town, but I'm a little discouraged. Thanks for your advice.Keep trying! You will eventually get a response.
PamperedMom
My month of August was very full. However, I only had two shows hold. I'd contact and get the bookings, but after I mailed hosts their packets, I never heard from them again. No responses to emails or multiple voicemails. I don't think people realize this is income for our families. Does anyone else have\had this happen? How do you get past it and back on the horse? I really need to get outside my small town, but I'm a little discouraged. Thanks for your advice.

Just keep trying! I know that it's hard and you've invested in the mailing of the host pack. I would suggest getting an address list before you mail the host pack - even if it is just a facebook event page that you are invited to. Most hostesses collect more orders after the show, so 2 weeks in advance is plenty of time. I usually ask for addresses 2 weeks in advance. Good luck! =)

What are you putting in the host packets? Maybe it is overwhelming them when they get it. Plus, if they have kids, it is back to school (or sports) season, so adding that into the mix may completely overwhelm them. Is it possible to set up a face to face meeting to give the host packets? It might generate more excitement, and give you and opportunity to explain things, versus giving them a packet they have to work through on their own (yes, I know you are trying to contact them, but they will open it alone and read it alone the first time)

I have always struggled with August. First half people are busy with summer and the second half is crazy with last minute vacations before school starts and getting kids ready for school.

You may not be interested, but I believe the key to having shows hold is mailing the invitations yourself. I've been doing this for 13 years and my cancellation rate is VERY low. In my mind, it's not a show until I get that guest list in the mail or in my email box.

One of the keys to getting shows to hold is getting the host excited. Make sure you're in good contact with the host.

I just had one reschedule because of a Sunday football game. Have your pro team's schedule on hand when booking shows. My host didn't care but most of her guests did.

It is important to keep in vocal contact with the host - phone calls matter! She will hear your excitement, expertise and enthusiasm and will work to keep it at your high standards. Be the consultant - pick up the 200 lb. phone and call!

These days with texting and email etc. It's easy not to use the phone. But Scott's right- call your host and be enthusiastic.

1. Why are my shows not holding?

There could be a few reasons why your shows are not holding. It could be due to a lack of attendance, low engagement from guests, or poor communication with the host. It's important to address these issues and make necessary adjustments to ensure successful shows in the future.

2. How can I improve attendance at my shows?

To improve attendance at your shows, try offering incentives for guests to attend, such as free gifts or discounts. You can also encourage the host to invite more people and spread the word about the show through social media or word of mouth.

3. What can I do to increase guest engagement during my shows?

One way to increase guest engagement is to plan interactive and fun activities during the show, such as games or cooking demonstrations. You can also ask for guests' input and encourage questions and discussions throughout the presentation.

4. How can I better communicate with my host?

To improve communication with your host, make sure to establish clear expectations and responsibilities from the beginning. Regularly check in with the host to discuss show preparations and address any concerns or questions they may have.

5. What should I do if a show still doesn't hold despite my efforts?

If a show still doesn't hold despite your best efforts, it may be best to cancel or reschedule the show. Communicate with the host and guests as soon as possible and offer to reschedule the show at a more convenient time for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
cdnsue
  • Mel92504
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies