• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings HELP! Shows not holding.

Aug 25, 2014
My month of August was very full. However, I only had two shows hold. I'd contact and get the bookings, but after I mailed hosts their packets, I never heard from them again. No responses to emails or multiple voicemails. I don't think people realize this is income for our families. Does anyone else have\had this happen? How do you get past it and back on the horse? I really need to get outside my small town, but I'm a little discouraged. Thanks for your advice.

jendill

Gold Member
May 11, 2010
Just keep trying! I know that it's hard and you've invested in the mailing of the host pack. I would suggest getting an address list before you mail the host pack - even if it is just a facebook event page that you are invited to. Most hostesses collect more orders after the show, so 2 weeks in advance is plenty of time. I usually ask for addresses 2 weeks in advance. Good luck! =)

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
What are you putting in the host packets? Maybe it is overwhelming them when they get it. Plus, if they have kids, it is back to school (or sports) season, so adding that into the mix may completely overwhelm them. Is it possible to set up a face to face meeting to give the host packets? It might generate more excitement, and give you and opportunity to explain things, versus giving them a packet they have to work through on their own (yes, I know you are trying to contact them, but they will open it alone and read it alone the first time)

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
I have always struggled with August. First half people are busy with summer and the second half is crazy with last minute vacations before school starts and getting kids ready for school.

chefjeanine

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
You may not be interested, but I believe the key to having shows hold is mailing the invitations yourself. I've been doing this for 13 years and my cancellation rate is VERY low. In my mind, it's not a show until I get that guest list in the mail or in my email box.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
One of the keys to getting shows to hold is getting the host excited. Make sure you're in good contact with the host.

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
I just had one reschedule because of a Sunday football game. Have your pro team's schedule on hand when booking shows. My host didn't care but most of her guests did.

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
It is important to keep in vocal contact with the host - phone calls matter! She will hear your excitement, expertise and enthusiasm and will work to keep it at your high standards. Be the consultant - pick up the 200 lb. phone and call!

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
These days with texting and email etc. It's easy not to use the phone. But Scott's right- call your host and be enthusiastic.