• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unfamiliar with Hummus? Get a Recipe and All the Info You Need Here!

In summary, hummus is a popular dip made from ground up chick peas and usually served with pita bread or tortilla chips. It can be made with a variety of ingredients such as tahini butter or peanut butter. There are many recipes available online and in cookbooks, including a PC recipe for a quick hummus dip in the It's Good for You cookbook. Other suggestions for hummus recipes include the Mediterranean Duo Dip and Warm Layered Greek Dip. A simple and easy hummus recipe from the Four Ingredient Cooking cookbook is also available.
PamperYourKitchen
Not only do I not know what hummus is, I had to look up the spelling to be able to ask about it!! I just got off of the phone with a host that's coming up on June 4th, and we're doing a dessert at the show and also she thought hummus would use a lot of the tools / be good to demonstrate...HELP! I have NO idea what it is!! I need a recipe and any other useful HUMMUS information!! Thanks!

Hummus is made from ground up chick peas. It is very tastey. I do not have a recipe for it but I am positive you could find one on the internet. Hummus would be good served with tortilla chips or you could make your own chips using flour totilla, corn tortilla or even pita bread. You could show your pizza cutter and cut them all into strips and use your stone to bake them on. Good luck.
Blessings,

I've been searching around the internet looking for recipes...and for some reason I thought she said PEANUT BUTTER hummus..and I actually found one with PB, so maybe...
but peanut butter, chick peas and peppers? I don't know about that... :eek:

Sounds interesting. Let us know how it is.
laura :D

Hummus is a staple in our house, but you can't make it w/o a blender or food processor, to grind the chick peas/garbanzo beans. So you won't be able to just use PC tools. PB hummus would be weird- not typical. Usually it uses tahini butter. Let me know if you want me to post our family's recipe. It is really delicious!

noradawn said:
Hummus is a staple in our house, but you can't make it w/o a blender or food processor, to grind the chick peas/garbanzo beans. So you won't be able to just use PC tools. PB hummus would be weird- not typical. Usually it uses tahini butter. Let me know if you want me to post our family's recipe. It is really delicious!

I would love it!

There is a PC recipe in the It's Good for You cookbook for a Quick Hummus Dip served with Rosemary Pita Chips, using pre- package hummus spread available at the grocery store. There may be other PC recipes including Hummus, you can do a recipe search in Consultant's Corner using hummus as the main ingredient.

Hummus recipesOn the PC web site, there's a recipe for Mediterranran Duo Dip. Also, Marg put a recipe on this web site called Warm Layered Greek Dip. That one is under Recipe Tips ~ Need a recipe for Canadian Season's Best F/W 2003. Both sound really good! Hope this helps!
Brandy

Delicious and Easy Hummus RecipeNot a PC recipe- but certainly can be made with PC things (except for the blender part). That reminds me, do you ever look around your kitchen and think "I wish PC made one of those!" I do!

1 can chick peas, drained, but save the liquid
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
chopped parsley and olive oil for garnish

Measure all the ingredients, except the garnish, into the container of a blender or food processor, and blend until the mixture is very smooth, scraping down the sides 2 or 3 times. Hummus should be a little thicker than sour cream. If it's too thick, add a spoonful or two of the reserved liquid from the can of chick-peas and blend again.

To serve, spread the hummus out onto a platter, sprinkle with a little chopped parsley adn drizzle the top with a bit of olive oil. Serve with triangles of warmed pita bread for dipping.

Makes about 2 cups.

This recipe is from The Clueless Vegetarian by Evelyn Raab

Erin,
Why don't you tell your host that although that sounds yummy, you don't have recipes for hummus. Offer another suggestion instead.

Have a quick hummus recipe!I just bought this great cookbook (called Four Ingredient Cooking) and I was browsing through and remembered your post for hummus. If you still need it, here it is! (really simple and easy)

Ingredients
14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained (you can use your Can Opener and the new strainer to demonstrate)
4 tablespoons sesame seed paste (a good grocery store has this, can usually use your measuring spoons, just squeeze right out or fits in jar)
2 garlic cloves, (chopped or pressed)
juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon

Directions:

1. Using a potato masher or fork, coarsely mash the beans in a bowl.

2. Mix the sesame seed paste into the bowl of beans then stir in the garlic and lemon juice. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and salt, and if needed, add a little water.

Serve at room temperature. Serves four to six people.
You can also stir a little olive oil in.
Serve with wedges of toasted pita bread

Enjoy!

What is "Help! She Wants Hummus!"?

"Help! She Wants Hummus!" is a recipe book offered by Pampered Chef that features various hummus recipes and tips for making delicious homemade hummus.

Do I need any special equipment to make the hummus recipes in this book?

No, you do not need any special equipment. The recipes can be made using a food processor, blender, or even a simple hand mixer.

Are the hummus recipes in this book healthy?

Yes, the hummus recipes in this book are all made with fresh and wholesome ingredients. They are a great source of protein and healthy fats, making them a nutritious snack or meal option.

Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the hummus recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions to suit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use different types of beans or add in herbs and spices to customize the flavors.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in this book?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan options in "Help! She Wants Hummus!" recipe book. Each recipe includes dietary information, making it easy to find options that fit your lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cooking with Nicole
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Cooking with Nicole
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies