• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help School Pta Yard Sale - Table (Less Than 2 Weeks Away)

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice for their upcoming booth at a yard sale event. They have had trouble in the past with people wanting items for free and are considering investing in new products or offering taste testing demos. They are also looking for ways to attract customers and potentially book future parties. Suggestions include focusing on smaller items and offering a free cooking show with a gift certificate as a raffle prize or show special.
MeredithG
I need some help. My son's PTA is doing a Yard Sale/booth event Oct 5. I am trying to decide the best business route to take with my booth. The past 2 yard sales, I have displayed and raffled items and tried taking orders. I didn't have the extra money to purchase 'cash n carry' type items and all was a big fat waste of time. People want things for FREE.

So this time, I have some items I can 'Cash n Carry' instead of taking orders (few old style batter bowls, 2 choppers, Simple Slicers, etc)... but should I invest in some of the new Christmas items to have on hand (if i can get them shipped to me in time) or what are the thoughts on the "Taste Testing" type demo. We can't sale food or drinks, but nothing about samples.

I am really trying to get my October booked as I need money for Christmas (like everyone else) and I don't know the best way to attract the 'yard sale goers'.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
:chef:

I've moved a few times in the last few years and have had several yard sales, offered PC at each of them. You get a lot of people that are annoyed that you won't give them that $20 item for 25 cents because they are yard saling and expecting to pay that little. But you also get others that know the product and understand the quality and value. Personally, I've had the best luck selling smaller items - bamboo spoons, scrapers, nylon pan scrapers, silicon basting brush, etc. I'm not sure if people will really go for Christmas at a yard sale this early on (just my experience in my area). If you have the money to invest in anything I would say go for items that you don't mind getting stuck with - could you sell Christmas themed items at a future booth, do you mind hanging onto it if you can't? Maybe just get one and do up a cutesy christmas display and take orders for those items to be delivered later.If you really want to get bookings, have the items that are on special in October/November or at least the flyers, talk those up and offer a "free" cooking show where you bring the ingredients. If you want you can even offer a $20 gift certificate that they can use at their party. This could be done as a raffle or as a show special where everyone gets the deal.
Just my two cents, I hope it helps. :) Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I may hold off on the Christmas items and maybe focus more on Pantry and maybe HWC items. And I love the $20 gift certificate idea too!!!!

1. What items can I donate for the yard sale?

You can donate any gently used household items, such as kitchen gadgets, home decor, clothing, toys, and books. We ask that all items be in good condition and in working order.

2. How do I sign up to volunteer for the yard sale?

You can sign up to volunteer by contacting the PTA board or visiting our website. We welcome any help with setting up, organizing, and running the event.

3. Can I drop off items for the yard sale before the event?

Yes, you can drop off items at the designated drop-off location at the school. Please make sure to label your donations as "yard sale" so they do not get mixed up with other items.

4. Do you accept monetary donations for the yard sale?

Yes, we welcome monetary donations to help cover the costs of organizing the event. You can make a donation through our website or by contacting the PTA board.

5. What happens to the unsold items after the yard sale?

Any unsold items will be donated to local charities or thrift stores. We want to make sure that all items find a new home and are not wasted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nene960
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
Replies