1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: HELP!! Sausage & Potato Picnic kabobs

1. Does anyone have the recipe for these? It is a very simple recipe, but I can't seem to find it. It is a favorite for the grill. I usually do a few chicken skewers with different rubs....a great way to show off some of the seasonings/rubs.

Anyway, the Sausage and Potato Picnic Kabob recipe from the Causal Cooking cookbook. I think i loaned my book out and I don't remember who has it.

Thank you to anyone who can post this!!!

May 3, 2009
  2. chefelka

chefelka Silver Member

New dianafeller yes, the recipe cards are a guest special
    New cewcooks hi all can the recipe cards be purchased by customers?
    chefelka Here's the Picnic Sausage & Potato Kabobs

Mustard Sauce
    1/4 cup mayo
    2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard

Kebabs
    3/4 pound petite new potatoes (10-12)
    1/4 cup water
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 garlic clove, pressed
    3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
    1/8 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
    6 large green onions
    1 package (1 pound) cooked bratwurst (5-6 sausages)
    12 cherry tomatoes

1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. For mustard sauce, mix mayo & mustard in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

2. For kebabs, cut potatoes in half using Crinkle Cutter. Place potatoes and water in Large Micro Cooker, cover. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes, just until potatoes are fork tender; drain. Drizzle with oil. Add garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasonings; mix gently using Small Mix N Scraper.

3. Trim root ends from green onions. Cut 24 pieces, each 2 inches long. Reserve green tops for another use. Add onions to potatoes to toss gently.

4. Cut bratwurst diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Alternately thread bratwurst, potatoes, onions and cherry tomatoes onto six 12-inch skewers.

5. Grill kebabs, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until bratwurst is browned, turning frequently using Barbecue Tongs. Serve kababs with mustard sauce.

Yield: 6 servings

(Precooked smoked sausage is another type of sausage that can be used in this recipe)

If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water at least 30 mnutes before using to prevent burning.

May 3, 2009
Have something to add?