• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!! Sausage & Potato Picnic Kabobs

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Sausage and Potato Picnic Kabobs from the Causal Cooking cookbook. There is a request for the recipe as well as a question about whether the recipe cards can be purchased. The recipe for the kabobs includes a mustard sauce and instructions for preparing and grilling the kabobs. It also includes tips for using wooden skewers.
croberts30
Does anyone have the recipe for these? It is a very simple recipe, but I can't seem to find it. It is a favorite for the grill. I usually do a few chicken skewers with different rubs....a great way to show off some of the seasonings/rubs.

Anyway, the Sausage and Potato Picnic Kabob recipe from the Causal Cooking cookbook. I think i loaned my book out and I don't remember who has it.

Thank you to anyone who can post this!!!

New dianafeller yes, the recipe cards are a guest special
New cewcooks hi all can the recipe cards be purchased by customers?
chefelka Here's the Picnic Sausage & Potato KabobsMustard Sauce
1/4 cup mayo
2 tablespoons stone-ground mustardKebabs
3/4 pound petite new potatoes (10-12)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
6 large green onions
1 package (1 pound) cooked bratwurst (5-6 sausages)
12 cherry tomatoes1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. For mustard sauce, mix mayo & mustard in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.2. For kebabs, cut potatoes in half using Crinkle Cutter. Place potatoes and water in Large Micro Cooker, cover. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes, just until potatoes are fork tender; drain. Drizzle with oil. Add garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasonings; mix gently using Small Mix N Scraper.3. Trim root ends from green onions. Cut 24 pieces, each 2 inches long. Reserve green tops for another use. Add onions to potatoes to toss gently.4. Cut bratwurst diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Alternately thread bratwurst, potatoes, onions and cherry tomatoes onto six 12-inch skewers.5. Grill kebabs, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until bratwurst is browned, turning frequently using Barbecue Tongs. Serve kababs with mustard sauce.Yield: 6 servings(Precooked smoked sausage is another type of sausage that can be used in this recipe)If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water at least 30 mnutes before using to prevent burning.

Hi there! I'm not familiar with the Sausage and Potato Picnic Kabob recipe from the Causal Cooking cookbook, but I did find a similar recipe online that you might be interested in trying. It's called Grilled Sausage and Potato Skewers and it's from the Food Network website. Here's the link: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/grilled-sausage-and-potato-skewers-recipe-1949890 I hope this helps and satisfies your craving for those delicious kabobs! Happy grilling!

What ingredients do I need for Sausage & Potato Picnic Kabobs?

To make Sausage & Potato Picnic Kabobs, you will need:

• 1 pound of fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Wooden or metal skewers

Can I use different types of sausage for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of fully cooked sausage that you prefer. Some popular options include kielbasa, bratwurst, or Italian sausage. Just make sure to cut them into 1-inch pieces before skewering.

How do I prevent the potatoes from falling off the skewers while cooking?

To prevent the potatoes from falling off, make sure to cut them into evenly sized cubes and thread them onto the skewers carefully. You can also parboil the potatoes for a few minutes before skewering to help them stay on the skewers.

Can I make these kabobs ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the kabobs up to a day in advance. Just cover them and keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them. Alternatively, you can also prepare all the ingredients and store them separately, then assemble the kabobs right before cooking.

What is the best way to cook these kabobs?

You can cook these kabobs on a grill, in the oven, or even on a stovetop grill pan. If using a grill, make sure to preheat it to medium-high heat and cook the kabobs for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the sausage is heated through and the vegetables are tender. If using the oven, preheat it to 400°F and cook the kabobs for 20-25 minutes. If using a stovetop grill pan, cook the kabobs for 10-12 minutes over medium-high heat, turning occasionally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Sk8Mom209
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies