• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Price Individual Stainless Steel Pans for Customers?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who has two customers who want specific pieces of stainless steel pans. The consultant discusses the challenges of pricing and ordering the pans separately and mentions the possibility of selling any extra pieces. They also consider the issue of warranty and suggest doing a consultant-hosted show to handle any potential issues. The consultant is willing to go out of their way to keep a loyal customer happy, but also wants to make sure they are making a fair profit. They mention the possibility of dividing the pans by piece and selling them at a future open house.
pattidailey
So I have a customer who calls me and wants to order just the 8 & 4 qt SS pans. I told her they don't come indiv like that so she said she would just pay the extra and purchase another brand where she can get them in only the pieces she wanted so she didn't have to buy both sets. I mentioned having a show/catalog in Sept and she could get them 60% off but she was not interested. She always calls me when she needs something and money is not really an issue so I am trying to go out of my way to keep her happy. She is a great customer to have. So I found another gal who also wanted just a few SS pieces also. So now I am trying to figure out how in the world to price them all? I will have to order both sets the 5 & the 7 so each customer can choose the pans they need. Any idea on how I would go about pricing them out separately and figuring out what to charge them?? I really wish PC would atleast put the sauce pans in open stock. Has anyone else ran into this issue?? Thanks you guys in advance! :D

I'd just divide it up per piece to be fair but think about these things:1. You don't make commission on 60% off.
2. Are you going through work that each customer won't really appreciate.
3. What about the warranty issues? Lifetime warranty - whose name is it in.

Maybe put the order in your name (consultant as host) this way if there is ever an issue you can take care of product adjustment and not worry about whose name is on the receipt.

Definitely don't offer it to the customers as 60% because that is for the items listed as they are. It would not be fair to you or other guests to get 60% off something not listed.

Are you going to end up with extra peices - and will you be able to sell them to get your money back?

When dividing them up between the 2 customers how many peices will each one end up with? Remember the lids count as a piece.

Not to be a downer here, but good luck on here when people start telling you in no way should u do this, haha!!!:D

I would just divide them by the number of pieces and charge even for them based on the normal price per set. I guess you could add up the inches and sell them by the inch, haha!!!:D I do now know how to come up with each individual price for them. Is that listed anywhere at all? That would be nice to have.

And I would do a consultant hosted show. Be sure to NOT check to do an expense transaction on what you spend since you are not spending this for yourself.

I do not reckon commission would really matter on the 60% off since if you charge based on full price the difference would be your commission. I am assuming that of course.

Yeah I think that is a good idea to put it all in my name and I was'nt going to offer it as the 60% off. Normally I probably wouldnt do something like this but like I said this gal buys what she wants and alot of it so I would like to keep her happy and ordering from me instead of another brand. She wants the 8 & 4qt SS. The other gal wanted the 3qt, 2 qt and 10 inch skillet. I was going to buy the rest and either keep it or try to sell it if anyone is interested. Might be good to put out at my next Open House or something. If I can find a way to divide it up by piece I could get a better idea of it this would be worth it too. What do you think?

pattidailey said:
Yeah I think that is a good idea to put it all in my name and I was'nt going to offer it as the 60% off. Normally I probably wouldnt do something like this but like I said this gal buys what she wants and alot of it so I would like to keep her happy and ordering from me instead of another brand. She wants the 8 & 4qt SS. The other gal wanted the 3qt, 2 qt and 10 inch skillet. I was going to buy the rest and either keep it or try to sell it if anyone is interested. Might be good to put out at my next Open House or something. If I can find a way to divide it up by piece I could get a better idea of it this would be worth it too. What do you think?

Is there a way you could base the value on one of the panorama points charts? That's the only way I can think of to divided it up by each individual piece.

Another thought, I would get their money BEFORE you plabe the order. Although, they are great customers things can happen and you do not want to be left with all that cookware to have to return and wait for a refund.

can you buy open stock pieces in other brands? I thought most brands are in sets as well.

If the 1.5 qt. covered saucepan costs us $55 and we get things on the supply order at 1/2 off, then does that mean you can charge $110 for that item? And if the 10in. covered skillet is $135 as an open stock price, you would probaby charge a little less since usually you get savings when you buy things as a group. So that leaves you the 8 qt., 3 qt. and 1 lid to price out. Am I correct in my thinking? I'm not sure if this is very helpful...sorry.

babywings76 said:
can you buy open stock pieces in other brands? I thought most brands are in sets as well.

If the 1.5 qt. covered saucepan costs us $55 and we get things on the supply order at 1/2 off, then does that mean you can charge $110 for that item? And if the 10in. covered skillet is $135 as an open stock price, you would probaby charge a little less since usually you get savings when you buy things as a group. So that leaves you the 8 qt., 3 qt. and 1 lid to price out. Am I correct in my thinking? I'm not sure if this is very helpful...sorry.

I am not for sure but I think things on the supply form are "discounted" but not at half off. But I do not know that for sure. I think it is more like they are discounted about the same or a little more than our regular discount is. But I could be wrong. Someone please correct me if I am.

jrstephens said:
I am not for sure but I think things on the supply form are "discounted" but not at half off. But I do not know that for sure. I think it is more like they are discounted about the same or a little more than our regular discount is. But I could be wrong. Someone please correct me if I am.

Oh, yeah, you're right. I just looked at the supply order and it has the stainless 8 in saute pan at $32, and in the catalog it's $48. So it's a discount, but not 50%. I was thinking of the samples that we get at 1/2 off.

The lack of open-stock saucepans is my BIGGEST FRUSTRATION with PC. When I got the 7-pc set I was so happy with it b/c it included mostly pots and pans. I went out of my way to use the skillet just to see if I liked it.Keep in mind that the stockpot lid fits on the skillet in that set.I'd use the non-stick as a guide on prices ... or maybe double the prices on the supply order ... or let the ladies work it out among themselves. Since you earn no commission on the deal, maybe get them to split the cost evenly.

Yeah, I dunno now. I wonder if I go online and take a look at a few other brands and see if I can find something close and try to get a better idea that way. Thanks you guys for all your help and suggestions. I really wish we had more open stock or atleast somekind of guide line to go by other than the sets. I will have to do a little research on this. Thanks again for your help! :)

As crazy as it sounds, Jennifer's idea of adding up the inches, or better yet, quarts, is probably going to give you the most accurate apportionment of the different pieces.

What are the individual prices for Pampered Chef products?

The individual prices for Pampered Chef products vary depending on the specific item. You can find the prices for each product on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

Is there a minimum order requirement for individual purchases?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for individual purchases. You can purchase as many or as few products as you'd like.

Do I need to be a consultant to purchase products at individual prices?

No, anyone can purchase products at individual prices. However, becoming a consultant can provide you with discounts and other benefits.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef products online at individual prices?

Yes, you can purchase products at individual prices online through our website or through your local consultant's website.

Are there any discounts or promotions available for individual purchases?

At Pampered Chef, we often have special promotions and discounts available for individual purchases. Be sure to check our website or contact your consultant for current offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies