• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Power Outage!

freddydress

Novice Member
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2005
I would appreciate any suggestions ASAP. A friend is hosting her show at my house this evening. When we woke up this morning, half of the house was without power (off and on--that is scarey) and long story short, the electrician will be coming out within three hours of the show to see what the situation is. Consequently, we may be without power for the show, depending upon what he finds out. I'm looking for Plan B ideas--no cook recipes, etc--I'm very flexible, especially right now. Anyone have some ideas?

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
Anything you can pre-cook at home and then top off at the show would work. Antipasto Veggie Pizza, Cool Veggie Pizza, Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, Brownie or Cookie Pizzas. Look through the recipe search under Preparation Time. You can find make-ahead things as well as 30 minutes or less. HTH

chefjeanine

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2006
Find a friendly neighbor where you can bake a crust (cookie, crescent roll, etc) and you can put something together without power. Or, make my favorite summer recipe, Strawberry Spinach Salad. It's in the Casual Cooking Cookbook.

jenniferlynne

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2005
You could make the profiterole puffs up ahead of time at home and then just demo the filling and how to fill them. I had a similar situation. The host's oven broke a couple of days before the show. It was a dessert show and she had picked out the Chocolate Chip Sensation and the puffs. I just baked the cookie and the puffs before I got there and demo'd the rest.

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
Do you even have power in your kitchen? Have you checked your breakers/fuses? But the flickering sounds like a short in the wiring. ( My husband is an Electrician) For lights I would do lots of Candles. Do you have any of the pantry seasonings? You could do dips and veggies, then a lime and cucumber demo. If you are really wanting to demo a recipe I do suggest a salad like the Strawberry Spinach one which is really yummy

pamperedbecky

Legacy Member
May 6, 2005
chefjeanine said:
Find a friendly neighbor where you can bake a crust (cookie, crescent roll, etc) and you can put something together without power. Or, make my favorite summer recipe, Strawberry Spinach Salad. It's in the Casual Cooking Cookbook.
Definitely get the neighbors in on it and see if they'd lend you their oven for any prep work. Then invite them to the show to sample the results! IT's a good way to mix the crowd, even though it sounds like it's your friend's guest list.:D

freddydress

Novice Member
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2005
Problem solved!

The electrician just left and everything is good to go. Appears it was a problem with the receptacle. Thank you all so very much for your help and I will tuck away your ideas for another time. This site is awesome and so many helpful consultants with great ideas. You rock!:p