• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Hosting a Show with Possible Power Outage!

In summary, the speaker is in need of Plan B ideas for a show that may be without power due to an electrical issue in the house. They suggest making pre-cooked recipes or using a neighbor's oven, and also mention a favorite summer recipe for Strawberry Spinach Salad. The issue is later resolved by an electrician and the speaker thanks everyone for their help.
freddydress
Gold Member
I would appreciate any suggestions ASAP. A friend is hosting her show at my house this evening. When we woke up this morning, half of the house was without power (off and on--that is scarey) and long story short, the electrician will be coming out within three hours of the show to see what the situation is. Consequently, we may be without power for the show, depending upon what he finds out. I'm looking for Plan B ideas--no cook recipes, etc--I'm very flexible, especially right now. Anyone have some ideas?

Anything you can pre-cook at home and then top off at the show would work. Antipasto Veggie Pizza, Cool Veggie Pizza, Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, Brownie or Cookie Pizzas. Look through the recipe search under Preparation Time. You can find make-ahead things as well as 30 minutes or less. HTH

Find a friendly neighbor where you can bake a crust (cookie, crescent roll, etc) and you can put something together without power. Or, make my favorite summer recipe, Strawberry Spinach Salad. It's in the Casual Cooking Cookbook.

You could make the profiterole puffs up ahead of time at home and then just demo the filling and how to fill them. I had a similar situation. The host's oven broke a couple of days before the show. It was a dessert show and she had picked out the Chocolate Chip Sensation and the puffs. I just baked the cookie and the puffs before I got there and demo'd the rest.

Do you even have power in your kitchen? Have you checked your breakers/fuses? But the flickering sounds like a short in the wiring. ( My husband is an Electrician) For lights I would do lots of Candles. Do you have any of the pantry seasonings? You could do dips and veggies, then a lime and cucumber demo. If you are really wanting to demo a recipe I do suggest a salad like the Strawberry Spinach one which is really yummy

chefjeanine said:
Find a friendly neighbor where you can bake a crust (cookie, crescent roll, etc) and you can put something together without power. Or, make my favorite summer recipe, Strawberry Spinach Salad. It's in the Casual Cooking Cookbook.
Definitely get the neighbors in on it and see if they'd lend you their oven for any prep work. Then invite them to the show to sample the results! IT's a good way to mix the crowd, even though it sounds like it's your friend's guest list.:D

Problem solved!The electrician just left and everything is good to go. Appears it was a problem with the receptacle. Thank you all so very much for your help and I will tuck away your ideas for another time. This site is awesome and so many helpful consultants with great ideas. You rock!:p

Hello there! I can understand how stressful this situation must be for you and your friend. Don't worry, I have some ideas that may help you out.Firstly, it's always a good idea to have a backup plan in case of unexpected situations like this. Here are a few suggestions for no-cook recipes that you can easily prepare without power:1. Caprese Salad Skewers - These are a delicious and refreshing appetizer that you can easily assemble without any cooking. Simply alternate cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls, and basil leaves on skewers, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.2. Greek Yogurt Parfaits - These are a great option for a light and healthy dessert. Layer Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and granola in small glasses or cups for a simple and tasty treat.3. Veggie and Hummus Platter - Cut up a variety of veggies such as carrots, cucumber, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes, and serve with your favorite hummus for a crowd-pleasing snack.4. Fruit Salad - Chop up a variety of fresh fruits and mix them together in a large bowl for a colorful and refreshing side dish.In addition to these no-cook recipes, you can also showcase some of our kitchen tools and gadgets that do not require electricity, such as our salad spinner, spiralizer, or manual food chopper.I hope these ideas help you out in case of a power outage. Good luck with the show, and please keep us updated on how it goes!

1. What should I do if there is a power outage during my Pampered Chef show?

If there is a power outage during your show, first try to determine the cause of the outage. If it is a widespread outage in your area, there may not be much you can do. However, if it is a localized issue, you may want to check your circuit breaker and see if you can reset it. If that doesn't work, try plugging in your Pampered Chef products to a different outlet or using a generator if you have access to one.

2. Will a power outage affect my ability to cook with Pampered Chef products?

In most cases, a power outage will not affect your ability to cook with Pampered Chef products. Many of our products are designed to be used without electricity, such as our stoneware and outdoor cooking tools. However, if you are using electric products such as our food processor or blender, you may need to find an alternative power source or wait until the power comes back on.

3. How can I keep my food warm if there is a power outage during my show?

If you are using electric products to keep your food warm, a power outage can be a challenge. However, there are a few options you can try. You can use a cooler or insulated bag to keep your food warm, or you can transfer it to a stovetop or oven that is still functioning. You can also use a chafing dish or slow cooker that can be heated with a small amount of propane or charcoal.

4. Will a power outage affect the demonstration portion of my Pampered Chef show?

A power outage may affect the demonstration portion of your show if you are using electric products. However, you can still demonstrate and talk about the features and benefits of our products even without electricity. You can also use this opportunity to showcase our non-electric products and how they can be used in a power outage.

5. Can I reschedule my Pampered Chef show if there is a power outage?

If there is a power outage and you are unable to continue with your show, you can certainly reschedule for a later date. Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to find a new date and time that works for both of you. It's important to keep your guests informed and let them know about the rescheduled date so they can still attend and support you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cooking_Mama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Jenni
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • winklermom