• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help - Pork Ribs in Dcb for Dinner

In summary, the cooking time for pork ribs in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) varies based on the thickness of the ribs and your oven, but typically takes 30-40 minutes at 400°F. No additional liquid is needed as the ribs will release their own juices while cooking. You can use a marinade or BBQ sauce when cooking the ribs, and it is recommended to preheat the DCB before adding the ribs. The ribs are considered done when the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium, or when there is a slight char on the outside and the meat easily pulls away from the bone.
iteachncook
Has anyone cooked pork ribs in the DCB and using store bought barbecue sauce? If so, how long did you cook it in the microwave and how much sauce did you add?

Making them right now, actually! I ALWAYS use our BBQ sauce recipe but I'd guess about a cup. It's 1 cup catsup, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp. cider vinegar and 2 Tbsp. BBQ rub for the recipe so that's a cup of sauce.

For the ribs: micorwave on high for 8 min, turn them, 8 min more. Mix with BBQ sauce, then grill for 2-3 mnutes on each side.

thank you. i will do that.

1. How long should I cook pork ribs in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

The cook time for pork ribs in the DCB will vary depending on the thickness of the ribs and your oven. As a general rule, you can cook them for 30-40 minutes at 400°F or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium.

2. Do I need to add liquid to the DCB when cooking pork ribs?

No, you do not need to add additional liquid when cooking pork ribs in the DCB. The ribs will release their own juices as they cook, creating a flavorful sauce.

3. Can I use a marinade or BBQ sauce when cooking pork ribs in the DCB?

Yes, you can use a marinade or BBQ sauce when cooking pork ribs in the DCB. Simply place the ribs in the DCB, pour the marinade or BBQ sauce over them, and then cover and cook as directed. You can also brush on additional sauce during the last few minutes of cooking for a glazed finish.

4. Do I need to preheat the DCB before adding the pork ribs?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the DCB before adding the pork ribs. This will help ensure even cooking and prevent the ribs from sticking to the bottom of the baker.

5. How do I know when the pork ribs are done cooking?

You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork ribs. They are considered safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium. You can also visually check for a slight char on the outside of the ribs and for the meat to easily pull away from the bone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
JAE
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies