• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Barbie Doll Cake Wrapping - Need Help ASAP!

In summary, to wrap a Barbie doll cake, you will need to bake a round cake, cut a hole in the center, and insert the Barbie doll before frosting and decorating the cake. It is recommended to use a special Barbie doll cake pan for an easier process. The dress for the cake can be made using fabric or fondant, while it is not recommended to use a real Barbie doll due to safety concerns. The cake can be made a day or two in advance, but it is best to decorate it on the day of the event for optimal freshness and appearance.
gilchrist_pchef
Help! I have to make some Barbie Doll Cakes for a cake walk tomorrow and I have no idea how to wrap these up to carry to the cake walk. It has to be something that I can give away with the cake. Please help :eek: !

Thanks,
Brittiny

Could you place seran wrap under it and bring it around to wrap like you would a gift basket? Then you can tie it with ribbon and it will make a nice presentation. If the wrap is sticking to the cake, insert some toothpicks and that might help hold it away from the cake.

Wilton has nice cardboard bases for cakes. You can get them from WalMart, Michael's, etc. I have used them in the past. They look better than a paper plate and can be thrown away. I have also gone to dollar stores in the past and bought a couple clear glass plates to keep on hand. I use them when I take cookies, cakes, food, etc to someone's house. If they don't get returned it's no big deal.

Or you could use the cardboard from a frozen pizza and then wrap the plastic wrap under the base up to the top and since the cardboard will be larger than the cake it might not stick as much?

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!

AlowayFamily said:
Could you place seran wrap under it and bring it around to wrap like you would a gift basket? Then you can tie it with ribbon and it will make a nice presentation. If the wrap is sticking to the cake, insert some toothpicks and that might help hold it away from the cake.

You can oil the plastic wrap also to keep it from sticking.

1. How do I wrap a Barbie doll cake?

To wrap a Barbie doll cake, start by baking a round cake and cutting a hole in the center to fit the Barbie doll. Place a layer of frosting on top of the cake and then gently push the doll into the hole. Next, frost the entire cake and decorate it as desired.

2. What type of cake pan should I use for a Barbie doll cake?

You can use a regular round cake pan to make a Barbie doll cake. However, it is recommended to use a special Barbie doll cake pan, which has a hole in the center to make it easier to insert the doll.

3. How do I make the dress for a Barbie doll cake?

The dress for a Barbie doll cake can be made by using a large piece of fabric or fondant. Wrap the fabric or fondant around the doll's waist and use frosting to secure it in place. Then, use additional frosting or decorations to create the design of the dress.

4. Can I use a real Barbie doll for a Barbie doll cake?

It is not recommended to use a real Barbie doll for a Barbie doll cake as the doll may not be food safe. Instead, use a plastic or food-safe doll designed specifically for cakes.

5. How far in advance can I make a Barbie doll cake?

You can make a Barbie doll cake a day or two in advance. However, it is best to decorate the cake on the day of the event to ensure it stays fresh and looks its best.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMann
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • kimdeb
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kimdeb
  • momoftwins