• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting iContact: Tips for Sending Successful Emails | Tasty Tidbits

In summary, Nicole was trying to send a test email through her iContact account, but kept getting an "unsuccessful" message. She then tried sending it to an alternate email, but still got the same error. Finally, she contacted Joy, who was able to help her by providing a step by step guide.
nikked
Gold Member
Okay. I consider myself pretty computer savy, but haven't worked much with HTML and not HTML stuff.

I have set up an iContact account through Tasty Tidbits. Figured out how to bring the Nov. TT over to iContact, made my adjustments, etc.

I am now trying to send the test email, and it keeps saying "unsuccessful". Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I thought it was maybe because I hadn't removed all the HTML codes, but I have checked and double checked, and I can't see anything remaining.

I tried sending it to an alternate email, and got the same error.

I know once I get the basics figured out, I'll be okay...just need someone to give me some step by step to start, I guess.

Thanks!

bumping for evening crowd...any and all helps, tips, etc. appreciated!

Thanks!

I've never gotten an "unsuccessful" message :( Normally if there is a problem with the HTML code, it will tell you outright. What is the exact text of the "error message"? Or can you shoot me a screen print of what you see?

Nicole, did you save a text copy? I think it doesn't let you send if you don't have a plain text copy saved (under the HTML box).

PampChefJoy said:
I've never gotten an "unsuccessful" message :( Normally if there is a problem with the HTML code, it will tell you outright. What is the exact text of the "error message"? Or can you shoot me a screen print of what you see?

Joy, it simply says: Send was unsuccessful. Please try again later. No code, no nothing else. I've tried sending it to an alternative email, with no luck. My email address is [email protected]

pampchefsarah said:
Nicole, did you save a text copy? I think it doesn't let you send if you don't have a plain text copy saved (under the HTML box).
Just to double check, I saved it again, still the same message.

Thanks!

Have you tried clearing your cookies and such? I just tried mine to see if maybe it was an iContact issue, but mine went out just fine (test message that is).

Can you send me a screen print of your error message Nikki?

Joy, I just sent it. Thanks for your help.

Got it! Apparently, my profile wasn't completely filled out...still don't understand how, but it wasn't. So, the system wasn't allowing me to send anything.

THANKS JOY FOR YOUR HELP! You Rock!!!!

1. Why are my emails not being delivered to some recipients?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure that the email addresses you are sending to are valid and active. Also, check your spam folder to see if the emails are being marked as spam. Additionally, if you are using a purchased or rented email list, it may contain outdated or incorrect addresses which can lead to delivery issues.

2. How can I improve my email open rates?

To increase your email open rates, make sure your subject line is attention-grabbing and relevant to your audience. Personalization, such as using the recipient's name, can also help. It's also important to regularly clean your email list and remove inactive or unengaged subscribers. Finally, make sure your emails are mobile-friendly, as many people now check their emails on their phones.

3. Why are my emails getting marked as spam?

If your emails are consistently getting marked as spam, it could be due to the content of your emails. Avoid using too many exclamation points or all capital letters, as this can trigger spam filters. Also, make sure you have permission to email the recipients and that your emails are relevant and valuable to them. It's also a good idea to regularly monitor your email deliverability and reputation to ensure your emails are not being flagged as spam.

4. How can I track the success of my email campaigns?

There are a few metrics you can track to measure the success of your email campaigns. These include open rate, click-through rate, conversion rate, and unsubscribe rate. You can also use A/B testing to see which subject lines, content, or designs are most effective in engaging your audience. It's important to regularly analyze and track these metrics to improve your future email campaigns.

5. Is there a limit to the number of contacts I can email at once?

Yes, there is a limit to the number of contacts you can email at once through iContact. This limit is based on your subscription plan and can range from 500 to 10,000 contacts per email. If you have a larger email list, it's best to segment it into smaller groups and send multiple emails to ensure successful delivery. You can also contact iContact support for assistance with sending to a larger number of contacts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmarey
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • AmyDare
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies