• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Peanut Butter Trifle Pudding Question

In summary, I don't have any instant choc pudding mixes and I'm not sure if mixing them will make a difference.
kam
Staff member
I am making Janet's PB Cup Trifle to bring to work tomorrow...
AND I just discovered that I don't have 2 instant choc pudding mixes (kind of).

What I have is 1 instant choc SUGAR-FREE and 1 instant choc regular.

Hs anyone ever mixed instant Sugar Free and regular instant pudding before??

The actual pudding making instructions on each package calls for the same amount of milk. Atleast they are both instant!

I REALLY don't want to run to the store right now!

Just mix the puddings. Nobody is going to know the difference and it won't change the end result.

I'd mix them to and make sure to mix well. Doubt it'll make a difference in taste. There's enough sugar in the rest of the dessert.

Have a great show!

Thanks! I feel much better about mixing these two. I was worried about if the 2 mixes would react a little differently with the milk.

I could kick myself for assuming I had Instant Choc pudding (I always have such an abundance of Jell-O's that I didn't even think about it). I had come home from the gym, showered and was in PJs - so the LAST thing I wanted to do was get dressed and go out in the rain for pudding!

I used to do that all time with trifles but learned a hard lesson once. I never told anyone i was doing it and turned out I had a guest at party who is a fake sugar sensitive. She got a very bad headache at the party within a half an hour of eating the trifle. I felt awful once we figured it out. I have never done it again. But yes, it can be done without a difference. Just do not make a practice of it or warn people. She forgave me and said that only one in 2 million people react that way to sugar substitutes, it just happened that she is one of them!

pampered1224 said:
I used to do that all time with trifles but learned a hard lesson once. I never told anyone i was doing it and turned out I had a guest at party who is a fake sugar sensitive. She got a very bad headache at the party within a half an hour of eating the trifle. I felt awful once we figured it out. I have never done it again. But yes, it can be done without a difference. Just do not make a practice of it or warn people. She forgave me and said that only one in 2 million people react that way to sugar substitutes, it just happened that she is one of them!

Sorry to take the thread off topic. :blushing: My DH gets a tingly/numb mouth and throat when he eats anything with artificial sweeteners. It stinks, because he hates to drink plain water but wants to be better about drinking it. He can't drink any of the Crystal Lights or other types of flavored waters. So he adds a little bit of juice (100% kind) to it.

1. Can I substitute a different type of nut butter for the peanut butter in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute any type of nut butter for the peanut butter in this trifle pudding. Almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter would all work well.

2. Can I use a different type of cake in this trifle pudding?

Yes, you can use any type of cake in this recipe. Chocolate, vanilla, or even a gluten-free option would all be delicious.

3. How far in advance can I make this trifle pudding?

This trifle pudding is best served the day it is made, but you can make it up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to keep it refrigerated until ready to serve.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit in this trifle pudding?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit in this recipe. Strawberries, raspberries, and even sliced bananas would all be delicious.

5. Do I need any special equipment to make this trifle pudding?

No, you do not need any special equipment. However, using a trifle dish or a clear glass bowl will give you the best presentation for this dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
melindag
  • Lisa2Boys