1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: HELP.....Peanut Butter Dump cake recipe?

1. Hello - I am new to this forum - so sorry if I am not posting this in the correct place!

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE RECIPE FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER DUMP CAKE THAT IS DONE IN THE DDB - THANKS A BUNCH!

Oct 28, 2009
  2. ChefLAM

ChefLAM Member

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake

Prepare a chocolate cake mix according to the package directions and pour batter into the Deep Covered Baker. Using the Medium Scoop, dollop a can of chocolate frosting all over the top of the cake batter. Then dollop a cup of peanut butter over the top of that.

Put it in the microwave uncovered and cook for 11-12 minutes. Scoop into bowls and top with ice cream or cool whip.

Oct 28, 2009
  3. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

I made this the other night at my show and it was awesome!! Everyone there LOVED it!!

4. SeeMe4PC

SeeMe4PC Member Gold Member

The WHOLE can? I guess the cake is big enough to handle it but I remember trying this at home with the rice cooker and it turned out really soggy when I didn't even use the whole can.

Will you please clarify? I am going to use at my show tomorrow night because it sounds HEAVENLY!

Thanks for the post! I have never seen this one.

Oct 28, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm still learning how to perfect this recipe. When I've made it, it actually has worked better to turn it out onto a platter, that way the melted frosting and peanut butter can drizzle down and get absorbed a little bit into the cake. I found that when I kept it in the baker, the cake was a little dry and you had to scoop out the good stuff from the bottom. The down side is that I don't have a cake cover that can go over it, as opposed to just using the lid when it's in the baker.

Also, the past couple times I made it, the peanut butter was too thick in the clumps. So certain pieces had a lot of PB and others didn't have much at all. I was thinking of experimenting with mixing the PB with the frosting in the small batter bowl first, and then scooping it over top. I'll have to try that some time and let you guys know how it turns out.

Oct 28, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Oh, also I did use the whole can. I cooked the cake covered and it did ooze out the crack between the baker and the lid. But it turned out so good! So moist and perfect. Then next 2 times I made it w/o the lid, it didn't do as well. I still am undecided on how best to cook this.

Oct 28, 2009
  7. thank you so much! This sounds AWESOME!!

Oct 29, 2009
Have something to add?