• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Hosting a Successful Catalog Show: Ordering Dilemma Solved!

, in summary, the woman wants to order a knife block set for her son's wedding present, but only has a week to do it. The Host has an idea to make the order the only order on the show, which rewards the Host and the friend.
emiscookin
I ran into an interesting situation and I think I got it figured out but I wanted to consult all of you and see if it's possible to do and if it's a good idea.

I just met with a lady who wants to do a catalog show (she actually wanted to do a cooking show but because her husband is so sick she didn't want a bunch of ladies over) and everything is good except this one thing.

Her catalog show starts today June 10th. She has a friend who wants to order the knife block set for her son's wedding present and needs to have it by July 1st for the wedding!! She said she wants to apply that to my Host's show. Now, In order for that product to get to her on time I would have to close my Host's show within a week and that's not enough time for her to get lots of orders. We decided to close it on the 30th, but...that lady is not going to get the knife block set in time.

So I thought about it real hard and I told my Host, I think I have an idea that may work. I told her to have her friend place the order on my website under her show and because the item is over $400 maybe I could make a show just out of that 1 order and make my Host the Co-host and that way she and her friend get rewarded. I don't see any other way to do this, but my question is CAN I do it that way????

If not, what other options do I have?

Thanks ladies! :D

You can't have a co-host on a Catalog Show. That said, you can make the friend's order the only order on the show.

raebates said:
You can't have a co-host on a Catalog Show. That said, you can make the friend's order the only order on the show.

Hmm. She will be sad my Host won't get rewarded. Maybe she will just wait and tell her son his wedding present is coming a little later.

emiscookin said:
Hmm. She will be sad my Host won't get rewarded. Maybe she will just wait and tell her son his wedding present is coming a little later.

Close the show and open a new one with the same host. That way if somebody else wants to buy online from the show, its there.

Just to clarify, Emily - if the Mom doesn't want the order to be her own show, do it as the only guest order under the Host's original show. If you both agree, you can keep it open a couple of days, to see if anyone else is looking for a quick turn-around. Then, close the show, booking a second catalog show for the Host, and have that one close on 6/30. This way, the guest gets the Knife Block in time, and the Host gets the benefits of two shows, including double the Host Special!

pampchefsarah said:
Just to clarify, Emily - if the Mom doesn't want the order to be her own show, do it as the only guest order under the Host's original show. If you both agree, you can keep it open a couple of days, to see if anyone else is looking for a quick turn-around. Then, close the show, booking a second catalog show for the Host, and have that one close on 6/30.

This way, the guest gets the Knife Block in time, and the Host gets the benefits of two shows, including double the Host Special!

Triple if you book the second show off the first. Put a booking for the host on the first show and then at that show she can choose one host bonus as past host and one as host.

BethCooks4U said:
Triple if you book the second show off the first. Put a booking for the host on the first show and then at that show she can choose one host bonus as past host and one as host.

That's right! Good catch.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I really appreciate it! :)

How about HOORAY for selling a knife block set at full price?

vanscootin said:
How about HOORAY for selling a knife block set at full price?

That's just what I was thinking!!!!! That is awesome! Only happened to me once.

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef products?

The best way to learn how to use our products is by attending a cooking party or demonstration hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. They will provide hands-on instructions and tips on how to use each product.

2. Can I find tutorials or instructional videos online?

Yes, we have a variety of instructional videos and tutorials available on our website and social media channels. You can also find helpful tips and recipes on our blog.

3. What if I need help with a specific recipe?

If you need help with a specific recipe, our website has a search function that allows you to find recipes by ingredients or keywords. You can also reach out to your consultant for personalized assistance.

4. How can I troubleshoot common issues with my products?

If you are experiencing any issues with your products, please refer to the instruction manual or reach out to your consultant for troubleshooting tips. You can also contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Are there any cooking classes or workshops offered?

Yes, we offer a variety of cooking classes and workshops throughout the year. Check our website or contact your consultant for upcoming events in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • raebates