1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Help! NSF, not enough money to cover debit, past parent of student!

1. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

Help! I just did my weekly check of my PC account and realized I had a check from one of my shows bounce. Not only was the $34.39 NSF, but now I've been charged $35 from my bank! :eek: I can't believe the items have been delivered from PC, but they haven't debited my account for the items. Now, I don't have enough to cover the deposit. :( :cry: :grumpy: To make it even worse, it's the parent of one of my old students. :(

I need to call her ASAP and see if we can't arrange a new payment, b/c I can *not* afford to have PC debit my account and not have the money there!

Help! What do I say when I call her?? That will sound nice, but convey the urgency that I am feeling right now? I *need* that money!!!

Aug 23, 2009
  2. Patty Davis

Patty Davis Member

I would just call her and tell her it was returned and that there is a $35 charge and you need cash today.

Good luck!

Aug 23, 2009
  3. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

thats a stiff fee for someone elses check to bounce...usually a bank charges $2 or $5 if you get a bounced check and $25 to $35 if you write a check that bounces. That is crazy...you can't know if someone gave you a hot check until you deposit it.

Aug 23, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

My bank charges a minimal fee for someone else's bounced check on my account. BUT if that bounced check would also cause my account to go into the red, I would be charged the overdraft fee of $32, also.

Aug 23, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

That's a really LOW fee. Most banks around here charge $15-35 for depositing a NSF check.

Aug 23, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I get charged $10 for a returned deposit. This is with a big, national bank chain.

Now if I bounce a check, it's $30 or more. Don't know cuz I never bounce checks. I run my biz on a budget and have a reserve to cover times like these.

Aug 23, 2009
  7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Its won't help till tomorrow, BUT I would also call/go to the bank ( don't know how long you have been doing business with them) and tell them you think its CRAZY for one mistake & that If they don't care about keeping you as a client maybe you will start looking elsewhere. I did that & they took it in to consideration my account & let it go.....hope it works for you.....;)

Aug 23, 2009
  8. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

Debbie,

I think what happened was after the check came back NSF, PC tried to debit my account for the amount of the last show, and I was short $2. Unfortunately, my old account got hacked, and I just opened this account with only the $15 I was able to save. Totally new bank. I'm now waiting on my old bank to release my money, but who knows how long that will take.

They originally charged me $10, then tacked on a $25 fee...my guess is b/c I couldn't cover the debited amount. :(

Aug 23, 2009
  9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

That SUX!! So Sorry it happened....

Aug 23, 2009
Have something to add?