• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB Demo Dilemma: Tips for Non-Microwave Hosts | Michael Reeves Cluster Member

they need to see it to believe it. :)I offer a dinner time in no time set as well as the recipes. I also demo one DCB at my shows. I call it my magic pot, crock pot for the microwave, my new best friend in the kitchen.
chefhat
HELP! I've done so many shows with the DCB, I've forgotten how to do anything else. My Host next Saturday doesn't have a Microwave large enough for the DCB. Any suggestions what to demo? I sold 5 DCB's at my show last week. And, YES, I'm part of the Michael Reeves Cluster.:confused:

Sometimes I will buy a chicken, cook it at home and then use it in a ring. I tell them how I made it, let them taste it, then have them cut it up for the recipe.

The Jerk Chicken Nachos have been quite popular with my hosts. They love them and it shows the Large Bar Pan which is a host special in February.

Use the 12" skillet for a cake! I am loving the Upside Down Pina Colatta cake!!

The Zesty Ravioli Skillet is a great show recipe. I make the garlic biscuit bites, too_Or do something in the large Bar Pan. The Calzone is good or the Spinach Carbonara Pizza. Those got rave reviews every time I made those.

You can actually do the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the oven. All you are doing is melting the cheese. Depending on which show style you do you can easily make this work.

Good point Wadesgirl. I also second the suggestions to use the skillet for a family meal or a cake

How about a pizza using the large bar pan? I LOVE the 3 cheese garden pizza! There is no sauce on it, so I usually add a pesto or red sauce to it & more cheese. That is what I usually do when their microwave isn't big enough. It really shows off the mandoline well. I would rather promote the DCB as a FASTER option and use the microwave. I think that is what really sells it - using it in the oven is an option, but it takes longer at a show and it doesn't show how fast & easy it can be. :)

I cannot have a show without the DCB. Make anything you want, but include this bread recipe. It is fabulous in the DCB in the oven. It is a no-kneed bread and I make the dough about 2 hours before I want to bake it.

Good Luck

Attachments

• Simple No Knead Bread.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 563
This sunday I'm making the taco ring using my Large Bar Pan at my show.
My kids and I made it the other day for practice and it is yum yum and very easy. You can use round stone if you have one but since I dont I make it work with the bar pan

cookingwithlove said:
I cannot have a show without the DCB. Make anything you want, but include this bread recipe. It is fabulous in the DCB in the oven. It is a no-kneed bread and I make the dough about 2 hours before I want to bake it.

Good Luck

Thanks for sharing the bread recipe. What a great way to still incorporate the DCB at the Show.

Kathy, you need to do that girl!

So, it's ok to preheat the DCB then add the bread dough - no issues with adding it to the hot stoneware? I have the same concern adding the milk mixture to the Baked Potato Soup but so far no problems.

How are you ladies selling so many bakers?
I do a dcb recipe at every show. My hosts usually get it, but that is it.

pclinskie said:

How are you marketing it at your show? I tell now it has changed my life in the kitchen. How I made my husband a believer of getting a meal done it 30 minutes or less. I let them see that it can be done with fresh ingredients in no time flat. Then ask, Can you see the value of having one of these DCB's in your kitchen? Can you imagine after a busy day coming home and by using just a few items you can make a delicious meal for your family?
Then I offer the DCB "Dinner Time In No Time" set. I also offer the recipes and lots of support when they purchase the DCB. Customers love getting a new recipe to try so I am always looking for more to send to them. If the customer is not seeing the value and savings of owning the DCB then they are less likely to buy it.
I also try to demo 2 DCB's at my shows, but always one. I call it my magic pot, crock pot for the microwave, my new best friend in the kitchen.
Oh, the first time I offered the DCB set I sold 5 sets. Just remember, some people are visual learners so always have a printed copy of the set you offer for them to read. I learned that the first time I offered it. Amazing what you learn at a show.

cookingwithdot said:
How about a pizza using the large bar pan? I LOVE the 3 cheese garden pizza! There is no sauce on it, so I usually add a pesto or red sauce to it & more cheese. That is what I usually do when their microwave isn't big enough. It really shows off the mandoline well. I would rather promote the DCB as a FASTER option and use the microwave. I think that is what really sells it - using it in the oven is an option, but it takes longer at a show and it doesn't show how fast & easy it can be. :)

I do this pizza with no additions (other than more cheese). My guests always love it and I have hosts request it. I have had several shows without a large enough microwave so I always fall back onto this recipe and no one ever is disappointed. BUT, if they live close enough, I will still make a pork tenderloin in my DCB and take it to the show and put it in the oven on warm. It has never dried out and then I can still get the ooh's and aahh's and show off my DCB. :D

lovescooking said:
How are you marketing it at your show? I tell now it has changed my life in the kitchen. How I made my husband a believer of getting a meal done it 30 minutes or less. I let them see that it can be done with fresh ingredients in no time flat. Then ask, Can you see the value of having one of these DCB's in your kitchen? Can you imagine after a busy day coming home and by using just a few items you can make a delicious meal for your family?
Then I offer the DCB "Dinner Time In No Time" set. I also offer the recipes and lots of support when they purchase the DCB. Customers love getting a new recipe to try so I am always looking for more to send to them. If the customer is not seeing the value and savings of owning the DCB then they are less likely to buy it.
I also try to demo 2 DCB's at my shows, but always one. I call it my magic pot, crock pot for the microwave, my new best friend in the kitchen.
Oh, the first time I offered the DCB set I sold 5 sets. Just remember, some people are visual learners so always have a printed copy of the set you offer for them to read. I learned that the first time I offered it. Amazing what you learn at a show.

What recipes or items do you normally do in your DCB at your shows?

I have been using the BBQ pork loin recipe and the Chicken Fajita recipe. But I am using the non-glazed rectangular baker to show off this recipe:
Mounds Bar Brownies.
1 brownie mix and ingredients to make cake like brownies
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pkg. 12 ounces, chocolate chips
1 to 2 cups sweetened, flaked coconut

Prepare and bake brownies according to the box but pull the brownies out 5 minutes before they are done. Use the rectangular baker. Toast the coconut slightly if you wish on Small Bar Pan in the oven until it is the way you want it. Open can of sweetened condensed milk using Smooth Edge Can Opener. Use a scraper to get it all out of the can and to spread it over the brownies. Sprinkle on the coconut and chocolate chips. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the chips and to allow the condensed milk to absorb into the brownies. Let cool about 15 minutes before serving or cool completely. A neat addition would be toasted sliced or slivered almonds so it becomes Almond Joy Bars.
I am going to try using the Large Bar pan so I will let you know about the baking time as I am sure it will be quite a bit different. And I may have to use more sweetened condensed milk!

Melissa78, I have done the Mexican Chicken Lasagna, Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, of course the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco, Microwave White Chicken Chili, Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas, Pork Tenderloin, and BBQ Chicken for the sandwiches at my shows.
I also do desserts like the cobbler cakes...everyone likes those and the Lava Cake...they love this one.

At home I have done almost all of the recipes from the Weekday Dinners-Done! for the DCB. I have done the South-of-the-Border meatloaf and another meatloaf recipe that someone gave to me. I recently made Beef Stew in the microwave and it was good. Oh, my families favorite homemade mashed potatoes. I have stopped buying instant potatoes!

pclinskie said:

Same question here... Although I've only done a few shows, I want to sell more DCB! Well, I did sell 2 at my first show...

Usually the recipe sells the Baker by itself, try the Tortellini because it only takes about 15 mins. I omit the Ham and use chicken instead and use the salad chopper to shred up the chicken and sell a ton of those also... I tell them it's no different then when their husband spend $100 on a tool it's going to create more family time and less kitchen time... Plus I give them a ton of recipes to start using right away...

Thanks, Tonia. Luv U Girl!

Hi again. I also demo both DCB's. Usually do BBQ Chicken Sandwiches or Smithfield Pork Tenderloin in Cranberry one. I do Lava Cake or 13 Minute Cobbler in the White one. The show today had an itty-bitty microwave. Had to turn the Baker on it's side and it took a total of 20 minutes for Pork Tenderloin. Kept checking it with New Thermometer. The Lava Cake had to cook @ 16 or more minutes. I was a little taken aback b/c I was trying to tell the crowd how fast & easy it made cooking, & then had to apologize for how long it took.

lovescooking said:
Melissa78, I have done the Mexican Chicken Lasagna, Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, of course the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco, Microwave White Chicken Chili, Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas, Pork Tenderloin, and BBQ Chicken for the sandwiches at my shows.
I also do desserts like the cobbler cakes...everyone likes those and the Lava Cake...they love this one.

At home I have done almost all of the recipes from the Weekday Dinners-Done! for the DCB. I have done the South-of-the-Border meatloaf and another meatloaf recipe that someone gave to me. I recently made Beef Stew in the microwave and it was good. Oh, my families favorite homemade mashed potatoes. I have stopped buying instant potatoes!

Thanks! One of my fav foods is mashed potatoes...how are you doing them in the DCB? (this may not be good for my waist line...haha)

cookingwithlove said:

Good Luck

I didn't think you were supposed to put our stones in the oven empty, can cause them to crack.....

ok, confession time ... I haven't used my DCB in over a year! where are these fabulous recipes???

Love the California Club Pizza too. I did that a couple times in Feb to showcase the large bar pan. It is really easy and really good.

1. What is DCB and how does it work?

DCB stands for Direct Cooker Base and it is a specialized base that can be used for cooking in the microwave. It works by evenly distributing heat and providing a stable surface for cooking.

2. Can I use other cookware in place of DCB?

Yes, you can use other microwave-safe cookware in place of DCB. However, it may not provide the same even cooking and stability as DCB.

3. How do I clean my DCB?

To clean your DCB, simply wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. You can also place it in the dishwasher for convenience.

4. Can I use DCB in a conventional oven?

No, DCB is not designed to be used in a conventional oven. It is specifically designed for use in the microwave.

5. Are there any special precautions I need to take when using DCB?

Yes, when using DCB, make sure to always use oven mitts when handling, as it can get hot. Also, avoid placing it directly on a hot stove or burner. Always follow the recommended cooking times and power levels for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Debala715
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies