• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed - Unusual Show Tomorrow Night

In summary, the show tomorrow night is for an owner of a "Mr Foods" type of place who wants to do recipes using PC tools. They gave me recipes and the menu for next month, but I need some brainstorming help.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have a show tomorrow night for the owner of one of those "Mr Foods" type of places. Those are the places where you go in and go down an assembly line of pre-prepped foods and put together your meals for the week.Anyway - she wants to do Mr Foods recipes using PC tools. She gave me the recipes (which are hardly recipes at all) and the menu for this & next month so I will not what tools to bring.show...I need some brainstorming help if you wonderful cheffers wouldn't mind assisting:Here's her email:
Hi Carolyn
I plan for us to demo cooking one or two of the attached recipes. One would need a sauté pan and the other a grill pan (I do have one at home if you need me to bring in?). Do you have a cooking element that you use? I have one.
If you have a salad recipe that you would like to demo, that would be good, we do not have one on the current menu. If so, let me know what ingredients you need me to get.
For the desserts I already have the Three tiered Stand to display on and the appetizer plates and caddy set.
Feel free to bring anything you like to demonstrate. As I mentioned we have a Pot roast coming up in October so the stoneware baker would be great to show as something to cook that in. A lot of the prep work for our recipes is done in the store, so if I were you, I would focus on showing cookware, micro cookers, nylon cooking tools and entertaining display items to compliment our recipes.
It might be helpful if you take a look at our menus so that you are familiar and it may spark some ideas for you:
Sept:
MEATLOAF WITH TWICE BAKED POTATOES
This meal is sure to bring the kids back to the dinner table! Lean, ground beef is seasoned just right, then covered with a touch of sweet, mild chili sauce. Serve with our potato skins stuffed with mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, and fresh green onions. You'll want to stock up on this family pleasing meal. It's perfect for any occasion.SALMON AND CRAB PINWHEELS
Flaky Atlantic salmon is stuffed with a King Crab and topped with a lemon and garlic infused white sauce. This is an elegant meal that can be served to family, or as a great entertaining meal you can cook up in minutes.CIDER BRAISED PORK CHOPS
Lean boneless pork chops are jazzed up with apple juice, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and tart granny smith apples, then gently flavored with allspice and herbs. Simply sear the chops on the stove top, add the sauce and simmer.SOUTHWEST STEAK
These lean steaks are seasoned with our unique southwest rub, blending the deep flavors of cumin and chili powder for full bodied flavor, then brightening it with the freshness of cilantro. These are easily grilled or oven broiled and when combined with one of our Chef Touched sides you have a restaurant quality meal prepared in minutes!SEAFOOD CIOPPINO
Always a favorite and a San Francisco classic, our cioppino is full of shrimp, scallops, tender white fish and sea bass all simmered to perfection in a flavorful broth of garlic, tomatoes and herbs. This is a healthy, hearty stew that is a great way to end your day.CHICKEN SAUTE
Just one bite of this colorful chicken and you’ll think you’re in the Mediterranean eating in a local bistro! Tender, juicy chicken breasts are seasoned, pan-fried, and topped with a savory sauce of tomatoes, capers, kalamata olives and rosemary with a touch of Dijon mustard whisked in for creaminess. All this served over pasta and topped with Feta cheese crumbles.GARLIC BALSAMIC MARINATED STEAK
Full of flavor and ready to grill or oven broil. Lean and juicy sirloin steaks are marinated in a sweet yet tart mixture of balsamic vinegar, thyme, garlic and molasses to give these steaks their fabulous flavor.CRISPY FRENCH ONION CHICKEN
This crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside chicken was such a hit we’re bringing it back. You may want to stock up this time; we won’t have it on the menu again this year!CARIBBEAN PORK ROAST WITH TROPICAL PINEAPPLE SAUCE
You marinate this roast at the time of preparation so it’s ready to cook to succulent perfection. Serve drizzled with our tropical pineapple sauce and you’re sure to please whether serving family or guests for dinner.October:pOT ROAST WITH MASHED POTATOES
Perfect for an autumn dinner, this tender cut of beef sirloin is braised in a rich, satisfying beef gravy. Serve with our fluffy mashed potatoes (provided) for a traditional meal you’ll be proud to serve any night of the week! This is a great dinner for the crock pot as well.MAPLE GLAZED PORK ROAST
Our lean pork loin is roasted and glazed with a delicate blend of maple-flavored syrup, herbs, Dijon mustard and a touch of cider vinegar creating a sweet, yet savory, roast. Cooked until tender and succulent, the aromas of this meal call the family to dinner!
Below are the "recipes" they provide the customers with so these are the steps the customers will follow at home (thus the need for the grill pan and 12" skillet)

Southwest Steak
1. Thoroughly combine herb ingredients in bag; cover all sides of steaks with rub.
2. Grill on med-high or broil for 3-5 min. per side (internal temp.145°F).Cider Braised Pork Chops
1. Spray large skillet with pan spray. Over med. high heat., brown chops 3-4 min. per side.
2. Add sauce mixture to pan & bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, covered 12-15 min. (internal temp. 145°F).
So - what I need from my cheffers is a list of tools I should bring with me...help!??!?!

Last edited:
Do you have to carve any meat after it is cooked?? If so, then bring forged cutlery. Don't forget the Simple Additions for serving. How about the new digital therm.??

Prep bowls for sauce...scrapers to

have her get a clove of garlic and show the garlic tools

A potato can show the mandoline and the knives
The New RUFH trivet

How about the batter bowl to reheat the mashed potatoes (if that is what needs to be done to them)

I would take what she suggests and also really sell the cookware and DCB...

how about a simple recipe in the bamboo or SA bowl or a layered salad in the trifle bowl?

oh! can you use the salad choppers for the meat? just curious. Don't know if it would work or not

when you helping with the recipes in the skillet, make sure to tell them that aeresol sprays will cause a build up on their cookware. they should use just a little oil if they need it

good luck. i was just throwing some ideas out....hope it helped

I was thinking a trifle for the dessert, also, then you can use her dessert plates and caddy (and, the holiday plates, if you have them!).

As mentioned, the Digital Thermometer would be great, since she makes a point of saying what the internal temp should be.

Maybe the oil-dipping seasonings with the Bamboo Appetizer bowls?

I'd like to hear how this goes for you. We have one of these businesses in our area, and I was wondering how to approach them.

Hello! It sounds like you have a fun and unique show coming up. Using the Mr. Foods recipes with PC tools is a great idea!Based on the recipes provided, here are some tools I would recommend bringing:1. Saute pan - for the Meatloaf with Twice Baked Potatoes and Chicken Saute recipes
2. Grill pan - for the Southwest Steak and Crispy French Onion Chicken recipes
3. Stoneware baker - for the Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes recipe (as mentioned in the email)
4. Micro cooker - for the Cider Braised Pork Chops and Caribbean Pork Roast recipes
5. Nylon cooking tools - for demonstrating how to use them in the recipes
6. Entertaining display items - the Three Tiered Stand and appetizer plates and caddy set mentioned in the email should work well for displaying the finished dishes
7. Salad recipe - if you have a favorite salad recipe that uses PC tools, it would be a great addition to the menu
8. Other cookware - you may want to bring a 12" skillet for the Southwest Steak and Cider Braised Pork Chops recipes, as well as any other cookware you think would be useful for demonstrating the recipes
9. Chef's knife - for prepping ingredients and demonstrating knife skills
10. Cutting board - for prepping ingredients and demonstrating knife skillsI hope this helps give you some ideas for what tools to bring for your show. Let me know if you have any other questions or need additional suggestions. Good luck with your show tomorrow night!

1. What is an "Unusual Show"?

An "Unusual Show" is a type of Pampered Chef party that is themed or different from a traditional cooking or product demonstration. It could include a specific theme such as holiday baking, a fundraiser event, or a cooking competition with friends.

2. What should I bring to the show?

As a guest, you do not need to bring anything to the show. The host will provide all necessary materials and ingredients for the demonstrations. However, if you would like to purchase any products, we recommend bringing cash or a credit/debit card to make a purchase.

3. Can I bring a friend to the show?

Of course! We love having new guests at our shows. Please let the host know in advance if you plan on bringing a friend so they can make appropriate accommodations.

4. Will there be food at the show?

Yes, there will be food samples available for tasting at the show. However, please note that the purpose of the show is to demonstrate Pampered Chef products and not to provide a full meal. We recommend eating a meal before or after the show.

5. What is the dress code for the show?

The dress code is casual and comfortable. We recommend wearing something that you don't mind getting a little messy as there may be cooking and food demonstrations. Feel free to also wear something related to the theme of the show, if applicable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies