• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Two Fr Questions!

In summary, Karen set up a fundraiser for her neighbor with the help of her husband, but there was a problem with the name. HO said that the fundraiser could not be called the "Smith" Family Fundraiser because the person's name was on the order. Karen may be able to have the check made directly to the hospital to pay off the bills.
Karen K
Help! I have two different FR with a question for each.1. A former PC'er and neighbor was diagnosed with a brain tumor in November I held a successful fundraiser for her - all the products were shipped, delivered and then the call came from HO. I've played phone tag with the lady three times and will be speaking with her personally on Monday. She says she needs the official fundraiser name. When I set up the show I called it the "Smith" Family Fundraiser. I put down the person's name so the check would be cut to her. HO says there is a problem with the name of the fundraiser. What did I do wrong?2. Another FR will be closing tomorrow. When I last spoke with the "hostess" she said she had about $400 in sales with a few more "small" orders to get yet. We knew all along that this would be a small show. Then, this morning I just checked my email and found out those few orders brought the show to over $1000. WOW! As far as the host special goes I've read the fine print and know about the bowls. Since it's a fundraiser does she still get the Chillzanne product? I see no mention of this in the fine print so I'd think no - but stranger things have happened. I have another FR tonight and I know they will be at this point as well and want to have the answers for them too! Thanks,
Karen

To your first question, when I inquired about FR with HO they said that the checks cannot be made out to an individual. They needed to be made out to an organization or a fund set up in the person's name. When you speak with her on Monday, maybe see if the check can be made directly to the hospital to pay off those bills - if that would work for the host.

No idea on the chillzanne question tho....

I would put in the chillzanne item under the host and then press Finish - any errors will come up and it will tell you if the chillzanne can not be ordered. Just like if you input the 3 bowls at the host special price but don't have the sales to get all three.This should answer your question.

I had a number of fundraisers in May that totaled over the $550 for the free recipe card holder and added it to the host's order. All of the orders were shipped to my house as I had coordinated them for HWC. Not one host received them.

That said, I would still try to add the item, but don't be surprised if they don't receive one.

pc_cindy said:
I had a number of fundraisers in May that totaled over the $550 for the free recipe card holder and added it to the host's order. All of the orders were shipped to my house as I had coordinated them for HWC. Not one host received them.

That said, I would still try to add the item, but don't be surprised if they don't receive one.

You didn't call HO to see why you could add it to the order but they didn't get it? doesn't seem fair. I really wish we had a better fundraiser. I know we don't jack up our prices for it so the % isn't huge but hard to explain to someone that a $500 show gives them $50...

doughmama said:
I really wish we had a better fundraiser. I know we don't jack up our prices for it so the % isn't huge but hard to explain to someone that a $500 show gives them $50...

Especially when you consider we get lowered commission on it and the host doesn't get hostess benefits which can really add up on those higher shows. I wish the percentage would increase by 5-10% - say making it 20-25% for fundraisers instead of the 10-15% it is now. I give away a lot of my fundraiser commission to help bump it up- especially if it is a cause that is close to my heart - but I think we would have more fundraisers, thereby resulting in more sales, if we had more to offer.

or if the benefits for a FR matched the benefits a hostess receives - since a $500 show gets them $90 in free product, plus the half-price and discount. Why can't our fundraisers get a comparable amount??Sorry- I can't offer any advice on the OP questions- but sounds like you were given the answers in earlier posts (organization name needed/not individual...could be as simple as setting up a bank account with that fund name? Don't you see things like that on the news or local fundraisers that they set up a bank fund in that family's name?).

I found this on here a while ago, and I think it was quite enlightening when it comes to understanding why our fundraiser percentage doesn't match host benefits dollar for dollar. I recommend everyone read it.

Attachments

• Nancy Jo Ryan Fundraising tips.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 306
The HWC recipe holder wasn't included in that FR because the May host flyer specifically stated that FR hosts would not receive it. Since the Chillzanne server isn't specifically excluded from FR hosts this month, it's a reasonable assumption that they are eligible to get one. If you have questions, it's probably worth a call to HO to verify that.

1. How do I find a Pampered Chef consultant near me?

To find a Pampered Chef consultant near you, simply visit our website and click on the "Find a Consultant" button. From there, you can enter your zip code or address to find a consultant in your area. You can also host a cooking party and invite a consultant to come to your home!

2. What is the best way to contact customer service for help?

If you need help with your order or have any questions, the best way to contact our customer service team is by calling our toll-free number at 1-888-687-2433. You can also email us at [email protected] or use the live chat feature on our website.

3. Can I return or exchange items that I purchased from a consultant?

Yes, you can return or exchange items purchased from a Pampered Chef consultant within 30 days of purchase. Simply contact your consultant or our customer service team for assistance. Please note that personalized or customized items cannot be returned or exchanged.

4. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you love cooking, hosting parties, and helping others, becoming a Pampered Chef consultant may be the perfect opportunity for you! You can sign up online or contact a consultant for more information. Our consultants receive training, support, and the chance to earn income and rewards.

5. What is the Pampered Chef guarantee?

We stand behind our products and want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. That's why we offer a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
country cook
  • cati123