• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed Asap Please Regarding Cc'ing a Newsletter

In summary, you can just BCC and not put anything in the To line. However, if your email doesn't allow it, when you try to send without a "to" it would pop up a message that says you must have an address in the "to".
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm just about to send my Dec newsletter and wanted to ask a question. Do I have to put an email addy in the 'to' line or can I just put names in the BCC line? I've always put my addy in the to line and then names in the BCC line in groups but then I receive multiple copies of my newsletter and it takes forever to receive them all (slow internet).

Does anyone know if I can just BCC and not 'to'? I apologize in advance if it's a stupid question. Until PC I never needed to BCC so I don't know.:eek:

Yes, you can just BCC and not put anything in the To line.

Whenever I emailed in bulk I had to put an address in the "to" line. HTH

I think it depends on what you use for email. I have a few accounts and I can just bcc on one, but I think my yahoo account I have to have an address in the to line or it won't get sent

Hmmm, so now I'm confused. I'm just using Outlook Express. Does it depend on your account or your server? And how would I know if it made it or not if I don't include anything in the to line? Just an error that it didn't send, or would it end up in everyone's spam? No wonder this is confusing!

I put my own address in the "to" line and all of the others in the "BCC" line.

If your email doesn't allow it, when you try to send without a "to" it would pop up a message that says you must have an address in the "to".

Thank you Lynda! I didn't know that obviously! I'll try it next month since I just spent the last hour sending it out with myself in the 'to' section.

I appreciate everyone's help!

1. How do I add CC recipients to my newsletter?

To add CC recipients to your newsletter, click on the "CC" or "BCC" option in your email composition window. Then, enter the email addresses of the recipients you want to CC in the designated field.

2. Can I customize the CC recipients for each newsletter?

Yes, you can customize the CC recipients for each newsletter by manually entering the email addresses in the "CC" or "BCC" field before sending the email. You can also create different groups or lists of CC recipients for easier customization.

3. Is there a limit to the number of CC recipients I can add?

Yes, there is typically a limit to the number of CC recipients you can add in one email. This limit varies depending on your email service provider, but it is usually around 20-30 recipients. If you need to send to a larger group, consider using a mailing list or email marketing service.

4. Can I see who I have CC'd in my sent emails?

Yes, most email services allow you to view the list of CC recipients in your sent emails. Look for a "Sent" folder or tab in your email account and click on the specific email you want to view. The CC recipients should be listed in the email header or at the top of the email content.

5. Is it necessary to CC all recipients in a newsletter?

No, it is not necessary to CC all recipients in a newsletter. CC is typically used to keep others informed or for transparency purposes. If you want to send the same email to multiple recipients without them knowing who else received it, you can use the BCC option instead of CC.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK