• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Remedies Working: Desperate for Help with Stained Tablecloth

In summary, nothing seems to be working. I only have this one white PC tablecloth, and I do not want to buy another. My show next Sun, and it needs to be clean for it!
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
I have tried several remedies and nothing is working. Here is what I've tried so far:

Clorox bleach (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
Spot Shot (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
Zud (let it sit mixed with water, scrubbed, nothing)
Zout! (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
Fantastic spray (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
Vinegar (scrubbed with a soaked sponge - nothing)
Sitting in sun - no fading at all! :(

Nothing seems to be working! I only have this one white PC tablecloth, and I do not want to buy another. I've had this one for years. I have a show next Sun, and it needs to be clean for it!

I had a show last night and one last weekend where I made the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" and the enchilada sauce stained it so bad. Last week it wasn't that bad, but this week, the guests were playing with everything and slopping up the table, and my tablecloth got trashed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

not sure if it will help but try letting some dawn dish detergent sit on it dawn takes out make-up and lipstick so maybe it will work good luck!!!

Thanks, I'll try it!

Mr clean magic eraser. I would bet $ it will work.

Magic Eraser was my first thought, too. Another idea is WD40. Sounds weird, but it works on some things. Just be sure to wash it really well afterward.

My kids high chair trays would always stain really bad when they had spaghetti sauce on it. But after a few more uses and I'd wash it, gradually it would go away. I wonder if this would lighten up after a few more washes, too?I remember once hearing that plastics pores (are there really such things?) open up and retain red sauces/discoloring when they are washed in hot water. So it was suggested to wash plastic bowls and such (after having spaghetti sauce or whatever) in cold water. Then once the food/colors were gone, switch the temp. to hot to finish washing.So maybe washing it with cold water will help? Just guessing here...

Cascade dishwasher detergent is another that sounds funny but works on lots of things.

I love soft scrub w/ bleach for getting stains off things. I recently used it on my colander/bowl set, one of the lids, and it worked great! We have white countertops too, so I use it often.

Why don't you put Lemon Juice on it and lay it in the sun a couple of hours and then just wipe it off. Should leave it white again with a nice smell.

If the sun ever comes out again I'll lay it out in the sun with lemon juice. It's starting to lighten up with the vinegar, so maybe it'll just lighten up. But it's still tinted with orange (ugly!).

I might have to pick up the Magic Eraser if the vinegar/sun/cascade/dawn/soft scrub don't work. Thanks for the suggestions!! Keep 'em coming - I'll try anything short of battery acid at this point!!

LOL I love that vinegar/sun/cascade/dawn/soft scrub sounds like some sort of crazy science expirement with household items...

Thanks for this thread...I had the same thing happen to me last week!

How about that plastic booster stuff they sell for dishwashers that is supposed to take tomato stains off of plastic containers?

You might try hair spray. Works on markers, and nail polish.

Or WD 40

PampChefJoy said:
How about that plastic booster stuff they sell for dishwashers that is supposed to take tomato stains off of plastic containers?

That's what I was thinking of too.... or what about a baking soda paste, that might work. My favorite thing for our cutting boards and stuff is the clorax cleanup spray, but you said you already tried bleach, so that might not work...

anyone else thinking this sounds like some good tips to share at shows??? ;)

Sallie_M said:
anyone else thinking this sounds like some good tips to share at shows??? ;)

Let's see which ones work. :D

Would love to know if anything worked?

1. Why won't any of my usual stain removal methods work on this tablecloth?

Tablecloths are often made of delicate materials that can be easily damaged by harsh chemicals or scrubbing. This could be why your usual methods are not effective for this particular stain.

2. How do I know which stain removal method to use for this specific stain on my tablecloth?

The best way to determine which method to use is to identify the type of stain. For example, if it is a food stain, using a pre-treatment spray or soaking in a mixture of water and vinegar may work. For grease or oil stains, using dish soap or rubbing alcohol can be effective.

3. Can I still salvage my stained tablecloth, or is it ruined?

It depends on the severity of the stain and the material of the tablecloth. Some stains may be more difficult to remove, but there are still options for salvaging the tablecloth. It may take multiple attempts or professional cleaning, but it is possible to restore the tablecloth.

4. Is there a specific way to treat stains on a tablecloth to prevent damage?

Yes, always test any stain removal method on a small, inconspicuous area of the tablecloth first to ensure it does not cause damage. Also, avoid using hot water or bleach, as these can cause discoloration or damage to the fabric.

5. What are some alternative methods for removing tough stains from a tablecloth?

Some alternative methods for removing stains from a tablecloth include using lemon juice, baking soda, or even a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and dish soap. It is always a good idea to do some research and test on a small area before trying any alternative methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fallonp321
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • pamperedpals