1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help - need to get enchilada sauce stains off of white vinyl tablecloth!

1. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I have tried several remedies and nothing is working. Here is what I've tried so far:

Clorox bleach (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
    Spot Shot (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
    Zud (let it sit mixed with water, scrubbed, nothing)
    Zout! (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
    Fantastic spray (let it sit, scrubbed, nothing)
    Vinegar (scrubbed with a soaked sponge - nothing)
    Sitting in sun - no fading at all! :(

Nothing seems to be working! I only have this one white PC tablecloth, and I do not want to buy another. I've had this one for years. I have a show next Sun, and it needs to be clean for it!

I had a show last night and one last weekend where I made the Mexican Chicken "Lasagna" and the enchilada sauce stained it so bad. Last week it wasn't that bad, but this week, the guests were playing with everything and slopping up the table, and my tablecloth got trashed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mar 29, 2009
  2. not sure if it will help but try letting some dawn dish detergent sit on it dawn takes out make-up and lipstick so maybe it will work good luck!!!

Mar 29, 2009
  3. cathyskitchen

Thanks, I'll try it!

Mar 29, 2009
  4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Mr clean magic eraser. I would bet $ it will work.

Mar 29, 2009
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Magic Eraser was my first thought, too. Another idea is WD40. Sounds weird, but it works on some things. Just be sure to wash it really well afterward.

Mar 29, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

My kids high chair trays would always stain really bad when they had spaghetti sauce on it. But after a few more uses and I'd wash it, gradually it would go away. I wonder if this would lighten up after a few more washes, too?

I remember once hearing that plastics pores (are there really such things?) open up and retain red sauces/discoloring when they are washed in hot water. So it was suggested to wash plastic bowls and such (after having spaghetti sauce or whatever) in cold water. Then once the food/colors were gone, switch the temp. to hot to finish washing.

So maybe washing it with cold water will help? Just guessing here...

Mar 29, 2009
  7. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

Cascade dishwasher detergent is another that sounds funny but works on lots of things.

Mar 29, 2009
  8. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

clorox clean up spray

Mar 29, 2009
  9. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I love soft scrub w/ bleach for getting stains off things. I recently used it on my colander/bowl set, one of the lids, and it worked great! We have white countertops too, so I use it often.

Mar 29, 2009
  10. CLEGER

CLEGER Novice Member Gold Member

Why don't you put Lemon Juice on it and lay it in the sun a couple of hours and then just wipe it off. Should leave it white again with a nice smell.

Mar 29, 2009
  11. cathyskitchen

If the sun ever comes out again I'll lay it out in the sun with lemon juice. It's starting to lighten up with the vinegar, so maybe it'll just lighten up. But it's still tinted with orange (ugly!).

I might have to pick up the Magic Eraser if the vinegar/sun/cascade/dawn/soft scrub don't work. Thanks for the suggestions!! Keep 'em coming - I'll try anything short of battery acid at this point!!

12. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

LOL I love that vinegar/sun/cascade/dawn/soft scrub sounds like some sort of crazy science expirement with household items...

Mar 29, 2009
  13. jenniwest04

jenniwest04 Member

Thanks for this thread...I had the same thing happen to me last week!

Mar 29, 2009
  14. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

How about that plastic booster stuff they sell for dishwashers that is supposed to take tomato stains off of plastic containers?

Mar 29, 2009
  15. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

You might try hair spray. Works on markers, and nail polish.

Or WD 40

Mar 29, 2009
  16. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

That's what I was thinking of too.... or what about a baking soda paste, that might work. My favorite thing for our cutting boards and stuff is the clorax cleanup spray, but you said you already tried bleach, so that might not work...

Mar 30, 2009
  17. Sallie_M

Sallie_M Member

anyone else thinking this sounds like some good tips to share at shows??? ;)

Apr 11, 2009
  18. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Let's see which ones work. :D

Apr 11, 2009
  19. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Apr 12, 2009
  20. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Would love to know if anything worked?

Apr 12, 2009